Community Crunch 225: Crystal Isles, Anniversary Event, Epic Games Store, and more!

StudioWildcard

5 hours ago, Only1Kaibert said:

Underwhelming event, especially for a fifth anniversary - it'd be one thing if they were releasing the DLC to both console and PC at least. That would make it hype enough. But without that, a new dino and no breeding boost just doesn't cut it. You gotta pull out all the stops for a birthday. Noone wraps presents in brown paper. 

• Volunteer Moderator
16 minutes ago, Z0M813SHR3DD3R98 said:

For everyone saying its x2 breeding, its not, if you read it, its actually 3x breeding, yes ir might not be the 4x like the others but its definitely better than the 2x you think it is

They did read it, and at the time of posting it was x2. It was later updated to x3 after player feedback.

Just now, Z0M813SHR3DD3R98 said:

For everyone saying its x2 breeding, its not, if you read it, its actually 3x breeding, yes ir might not be the 4x like the others but its definitely better than the 2x you think it is

Not sure if you saw the original Crunch, but people are saying it's 2x because it was originally 2x. They didnt update the Crunch post for awhile after they changed to 3x which added to the confusion.

I am still keeping the hope alive that they will make it 4x.

To be honest, I can't shake this idea that there was some closed door meeting where it was decided; "We don't want to do 5 times with the free epic game release, but I think 3 times would be okay. Let's give them 2x, then quickly change it to 3x as a 'compromise' to make people happy with it not being higher."

Not trying to crap on the work of the Devs or community managers. I appreciate that 5 years in, there is still work being done.

At the same time, I cannot rationalize how we had 4x for two weeks during Easter but not during the anniversary. 

EDIT: GP Beat me to it by 1 minute XD. Well played sir.

Edited by Jank
added comment

WOW,   by the game's FIFTH birthday,  one might think a game studio would get their act together and have the releases of the game on all platforms synchronized.   Either get console approval ready or delay the PC version till everyone can experience the game at the same time.    But, what the hey,   it's not like life is fair or anything, so in life as in game,

GET ARKED.WOW,   by the game's FIFTH birthday,  one might think a game studio would get their act together and have the releases of the game on all platforms synchronized.   Either get console approval ready or delay the PC version till everyone can experience the game at the same time.    But, what the hey,   it's not like life is fair or anything, so in life as in game,

GET ARKED.

• Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, arctodus517 said:

WOW,   by the game's FIFTH birthday,  one might think a game studio would get their act together and have the releases of the game on all platforms synchronized.   Either get console approval ready or delay the PC version till everyone can experience the game at the same time.    But, what the hey,   it's not like life is fair or anything, so in life as in game,

GET ARKED.WOW,   by the game's FIFTH birthday,  one might think a game studio would get their act together and have the releases of the game on all platforms synchronized.   Either get console approval ready or delay the PC version till everyone can experience the game at the same time.    But, what the hey,   it's not like life is fair or anything, so in life as in game,

GET ARKED.

My thoughts exactly 

6 hours ago, Sausagedog85 said:

Can we not have crossplay with epic games on the existing official servers?|
We all know the only people who use epic are fortnite kids who are just going to cry and beg for free stuff, and the steam servers are already crowded enough, why even think of adding more people, on free accounts when the current players (who paid for Ark) don't even have stable servers to play on? 

I bet thousands of fake accounts will be made for dupers and hackers to get and hide their ill gotten gains as well

also; 2x breeding.. we already have that.. 4x harvest is useless, I have gacha, I rarely harvest anymore.

not even event coloured dinos.. this is lame.. Cannot believe I stayed up until 1am for this.

Honestly we only help those that try to help themselves.  People that come on server saying "can I have a giga" "can I have tribe" can someone give me stones" etc we pay absolute no attention to and they clear off without a trace

Hackers and dupers are the plague of the online gaming, they are worse than Covid, spreading like the turds that they are, what I don't get is why the hell they don't dupe on unofficial or single player where it is allowed

Those free epic accounts could come in handy for the solo players tho, if you loose your toon which at some point in your ark lifetime you probably will, you will have a backup toon in your the tribe to reset building timers while WC take 2-3weeks to to get an appointment with

Well not tryna be that guy that complains about the update but what else do you expect me to do when I spawn in and instantly die. I can’t get to any of my vaults or cryo fridges or body because they’ve lowered the barrier in the extinction tree I don’t know if there was a heads up given anywhere but it would’ve been nice to know so I could’ve moved my stuff lower ... :/   

3 hours ago, IceBabe said:

why there are no LEGACY Servers for Crystal Isles listed?????????????

I always ask myself that question. Legacy server is a profitable game style for the WC, because whoever chooses to play on the legacy server
 chooses not to require third parties to solve their problems.  Add this fact to what the WC secretly does on legacy servers, it is not two weeks old and the 502 PVP legacy server was online for patch testing. (Please call the legacy community to go test together and be smart once in a lifetime). And now on the fifth anniversary, precisely the community that helped this game from the beginning has been forgotten once again. It just shows that the years go by, but gratitude and recognition are far from this company.

• Like 1