Community Crunch 225: Crystal Isles, Anniversary Event, Epic Games Store, and more!

StudioWildcard

1 minute ago, Eli said:

Breeding puts a massive strain on our servers. If you can remember all the complaints about things chugging along during Extra Life, which was only for a day or so, then you can picture how bad things could be for the duration of the event.

You are missing the point here. The Easter event was x4 across the board and let's be honest here - things are barely "chugging along" as it is now during 'normal' times. Every 2 mins we're getting a 14 second or more re-sync and that is if we are lucky. Things are barely working and you think increasing the rate is what will make it bad to play this?
I raised a mana over the last few days and I made a note of the time it was due to be matured - the constant delays & pauses in the game added over 3 hours in real time to the process. And yet putting the rates up will make it worse?
Honestly, tell me how it could be any worse...

Any love for Primitive Plus?  Were you able to fix some game breaking bugs that appeared in the last update as listed but not limited to: 

-when going to options menu you immediately dashboard crash

-unable to place any primitive structures to include beds

-kibble does not work

-gigas wont harvest mammoths or stegos

-also will we get the new map primitive cross ark?

Happy Birthday !!!  

Rates are amazing to begin a new map i can't understand why people complain about that... We never had colors event during the previous birthday events, but people cry about that too... The Ark community is became so toxic, always crying. It is the first time i feel sad for WC staff, having to deal with all this stupidity. :/

Thank You for the new map and the event, i'm going to enjoy it !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Eli said:

Breeding puts a massive strain on our servers. If you can remember all the complaints about things chugging along during Extra Life, which was only for a day or so, then you can picture how bad things could be for the duration of the event.

(No offence at all) But I ask you this on the official servers the rates are boosted great; XP is boosted okay cool but most of us on official have almost multiple maxed characters, taming is boosted that's great, but who tames anymore? Every server you go to there are big tribe crowding the server that has all the lines they want so no need for taming, there are multiple shops you can buy the lines from so you don't even have the tame, the only thing people really do these days are Raise and Raid, the breeding multiplier was the one thing everyone got hyped for because it means we can finally go out into the world and pvp without having to worry about our 7-14 days raises getting LOST In transfers/character corruption. So I ask you this whats the point of raising the multipliers that no one really uses?

• Facepalm 1

I understand the breeding rates not being raised. It will lag out and dino cap every server. However you guys missed a prime color event opportunity.  It could be red blue and green, and each color is more likely the closer the spawn to the obelisks. So you would have to fly to all the obbs to get all 3 color events. Oh well.  

Just now, Eli said:

Sorry to tell you brother, the consensus from a lot of the community on this rationalization is essentially:

*shrug* 

There are already 10-30 second spikes every 15 minutes for saves/transfers. It's become so normal to me that I use it to time transfers without checking a clock. 

Those of us who played through the Easter Event already know what to expect, it was not that bad. The only issue that I had was my server being at max capacity for 18 hours a day and having to wait to get in. What a huge problem to have, everyone wants to play because of breeding! LoL XD

During Easter Event was actually the first time I have seen multiple servers at maximum capacity. I think that should tell WC all they need to know about how players feel. Most will take 4x or 5x breeding over potential server performance issues.

Edited by Jank
sp

Happy birthday!

Its been a great journey! Event sounds cool and looking forward to the future for more great ark content. 

To all all the players crying about the rates... 

5x breeding will cause server issues and then you will cry that you can’t play. So just enjoy 2x, and I fear for you when you have to go back to 1x :) 

remember all the complaints around Easter time? 

Maybe if people used cryopods and didn’t strain the servers with their lag bases and mass breeding areas we could have nice things. 

Anyways positive vibes!  happy birthday ark! Happy surviving :) 

53 minutes ago, Eli said:

What a pitiful comment really. Sounds like a 'you' problem. 'You' being the entire team at Studio Wildcard. 'You' had to have realized, due to the volume of your communities concerns during/after that event - and others, that there was/is an issue. In that moment of comprehension, 'you' didn't take away an understanding of what a large percentage of your community actually enjoys doing in this game? 'You' then took minimal steps (?) it seems to prevent said concerns from re-emerging in the future. Fast forward to today. 'You' seem surprised that your players are already unhappy that they're not able to enjoy one of their favorite parts of the game. 'You' think a distractionary tactic of throwing 5 cosmetics and a map 'you' didn't even come up with pacify them? Survive. Evolve. 'You' have not evolved. 'You' can't survive another 5 years following such a route imo.

~J~

Edited by Jatiro

So.... to summarize....

1. PC gets Crystal Isles today - No estimation for Console release

2. The "Anniversary Event" gives us a new dino, dodos with hats, a cake item (that may vanish when the event is over like other event items), slightly adjusted rates, and 5 new chibis.

3. The ability to smelt chibis in a forge into a new chibis (is it just me or does that sound a little disturbing?)

4. New "Time Capsule" like servers - which are just really old versions of the game. Pretty much primitive plus without primitive plus items. 

5. A new method of purchasing the game

It is a lot, but still I have to say I am somewhat disappointed in the event. All those previous to this were far superior. We recieved new skins, color, and seasonal items. Whereas with this event.... one seasonal item. 

I thought this was supposed to be a party to celebrate the last five years? At the very least I had imagine some party decorative like presents, balloons, or perhaps a weapon skin that shoots streamers. Not to mention some fun colors in the wild.

And don't take this the wrong way, I am happy for you, glad you made it this far, I just had been imagining items that would put it in line with previous events. 

So Congratulations on making it this far. 

I will look forward to the next event to actually go out and tame some colors. 

• Like 1