Server: DinoCountMultiplier for specific dino (not DinoSpawnWeightMultipliers)

pleinx

Suggestion

I hope this is the right place...

Please add new parameters to override the dino count for a specific dino or better a list of dinos like this:

// a list of dinos with different count multiplier
ConfigAddOverrideNPCDinoCountMultiplierContainer=(
 NPCDinos=(
  	(DinoNameTag="Pegomastax"),
  	(DinoNameTag="Dilo"),
	(DinoNameTag="Ichthyornis"),
	(DinoNameTag="TerrorBird"),
 ),
 (NPCDinoCountMultiplier=0.1)
)

// a list of dinos with different count multiplier for a specific spawn area
ConfigAddOverrideNPCSpawnEntryDinoCountMultiplierContainer=(
 NPCSpawnEntryDinoCountMultiplierContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesBeach"
 NPCDinos=(
  	(DinoNameTag="Pegomastax"),
  	(DinoNameTag="Dilo"),
	(DinoNameTag="Ichthyornis"),
	(DinoNameTag="TerrorBird"),
 ),
 (NPCDinoCountMultiplier=0.1)
)

// or if easier to you, a single dino each line
DinoCountMultipliers=(DinoNameTag=Pegomastax,DinoCountMultiplier=0.1)
DinoCountMultipliers=(DinoNameTag=Dilo,DinoCountMultiplier=0.1)
DinoCountMultipliers=(DinoNameTag=Ichthyornis,DinoCountMultiplier=0.1)
DinoCountMultipliers=(DinoNameTag=TerrorBird,DinoCountMultiplier=0.1)

(the naming in my example is minor matter)
The functionality is basically the same like "DinoCountMultiplier" its decrease (in my case) the count but only for the the given dinos (in percentage). Its changes the count regardless whether SpawnWeight the dino has by default on the different maps. 

DinoSpawnWeightMultipliers

The parameter "DinoSpawnWeightMultipliers" is not nice because of every increase or decrease other dinos are effected. This behavior is totally weird. As admin we have no reference to the default SpawnWeight each dino on each map.

Just for understanding:

DinoSpawnWeightMultipliers=(DinoNameTag=Pegomastax,SpawnWeightMultiplier=0.1,OverrideSpawnLimitPercentage=false)
DinoSpawnWeightMultipliers=(DinoNameTag=Dilo,SpawnWeightMultiplier=0.1,OverrideSpawnLimitPercentage=false)
DinoSpawnWeightMultipliers=(DinoNameTag=Ichthyornis,SpawnWeightMultiplier=0.1,OverrideSpawnLimitPercentage=false)
DinoSpawnWeightMultipliers=(DinoNameTag=TerrorBird,SpawnWeightMultiplier=0.1,OverrideSpawnLimitPercentage=false)

This is working too for the given dinos but all other dinos will spawn with a higher rate (in my case because i decrease the others).

Its easy to reproduce:
By default the coelacanth are on stock (means default settings) ragnrok map circa 3400 (includes Coelacanth and Coelacanth Ocean). Total dino count circa 27.2k

Apply the following code to your Game.ini:

DinoSpawnWeightMultipliers=(DinoNameTag=Coel,SpawnWeightMultiplier=0.1,OverrideSpawnLimitPercentage=false)

This will decrease the count for coelacanth to circa 1000. So i would expected that the total dino count is equal to circa 24.8k (because we saved circa 2400 coels) but the total dino count is circa 26.4k (just a diff of 800 dinos)

Thanks.

0 replies to this server topic

There have been no replies to this suggestion yet

Archived