how to reset in game map?

lumiusgalarius

Hi, I play PS4 SP and did this by accident years ago and still regret it to this day. Since you didnt mention Server/SP i'll presume SP. It was during one of the many times where a new map had just released and caused a major bug where the map would wipe every time you exited the game, after researching the problem I found many suggestions to try this to get my map back.

If your playing singleplayer there is a way to delete the map data but be warned, it will delete your character data as well. This option will delete all your character data, meaning found engrams as well as the map data for all maps. However this will also delete all items and dinos you have stored in the Obs as well. so clear them out first.

On the single player menu at the top-right of the map selection there should be something similar to a delete character data option(at work cant check atm) button, when you click that it will remove your character data. Would someone mind verifying this befor lumius tries it out.

8 hours ago, Tomm1e1 said:

On the single player menu at the top-right of the map selection there should be something similar to a delete character data option(at work cant check atm) button, when you click that it will remove your character data. Would someone mind verifying this befor lumius tries it out.

In my experience, when you delete character data it just resets the actual game world and not the map itself. I've only done it once and it was  a long time ago, so it might still be worth a shot. Other than that, I can't think of a way to reset your ingame map except possibly admin commands.

If the button on the menu screen doesn't wipe character data, then you'll have to go into the game files. As Tomm said, this will also wipe anything currently uploaded to your Obelisk- so make sure you download anything there- and all explorer notes as well.

Steam>Steamapps>Common>Ark>Shootergame>Saved>LocalProfiles, and then delete the PlayerLocalData.arkprofile

Archived