Cross-Platform

xStonedMalonex

Suggestion

22 replies to this server topic

1 hour ago, Aylana314159 said:

A-list games. Only 3 examples.
You do realize Wildcard is an independent studio.

I know what you're saying, but Microsoft's definition of "Crossplay" is Windows 10 Store version of Ark and Xbox version of Ark.  
The Windows 10 version can't even join Steam servers.

WildCard need Microsoft's permission to allow players to link up between M$ and PS.  Sony are very protective about who they allow to join their network.

It is technically possible for all these versions to join together, and it would make a lot of sense from a player's perspective.
BUT M$ and PS both want to protect their revenues and keep up the pretence of protecting their users.

While I would love for this to become a reality, ark is too far into the maturation stage of the game for wildcard to even consider this as a possibility.

However, I'm sure many of us are aware of rumors that wildcard will be working on an ark 2, and if that is the case, I could imagine that this suggestion you make here would probably become a reality with the hypothetical next ark game being made. 

Also, with Microsoft and Sony finally coming together and saying they are working towards a more cooperative relationship, this idea of the game becoming cross platform is not just a mere suggestion, but a likely possibility

Ark Cross-Platform Servers

Already seen in other videogames, cross-platform has been a connection between platforms, and in other games such as minecraft, it's able to bring different communities from different platforms together. It would be great in someway to connect users from different platforms into a separated cluster with their own game modes like windows 10 and Xbox, except these would connect all the platforms into their own cluster without affecting the regular cluster from their platform. I'm pretty sure this idea was already talked about in the past, however it's been forgotten by the Ark community and I would like the developers to bring it back. Personally, I sold my PS4 console, in which I played for more than 3000 hours Ark, and had a lot of friends. A year later, I had the opportunity to get a pc powerful enough to run the game, nevertheless I am not able to play with my friends back in PS4. 

I'd really like to see this option avaible in the future, since it wouldn't only bring veteran players back in the game, but connect different communities into 1 cluster which would actually mean Ark would be the first open world game to include a cross-platform server where pc, xbox and playstation could play together. This would obviously mean that a lot of problems need to be fixed first before starting a project this size. For instance, meshing, teaming (in small tribes), duping, ddos etc.

Really looking foward for this option in the future.

?

Hi there,

I think that WildCard should re apply for cross-platform play between PlayStation and Xbox. With the new launches of next-gen consoles and a big fanbase on Ark i think that Sony should finally give in. 

Especially because the have given the all clear for multiple titles to be cross-platform now.

Please guys run this to them again...

I usually play on Xbox and PC but have gotten a PS5 and would like to join friends servers on Xbox. 

You guys are misinterpreting my suggestion cross platform for all platforms for all DLCs (except mobile yuck and switch) and not just on DLCs but all free maps, That is my suggestion. I always find it annoying when i want to play with my friends but you know covid and all i cannot. Especially after testing positive, the only way of playing ARK was on Mobile and mobile is not my favorite, that is the same for other people i know. 

Also thank you guys for all the information.

Crossplay between PS4, Xbox, and Pc or atleast between PS4 and Xbox.

Since Genesis 2 is being released in a few months I have a major suggestion that would make the game more enjoyable for all. By adding Crossplay between PS4/ps5 and Xbox friends with different console will be able to experience this together. I for one know I would play the game a lot more and pay for more stuff if I could play with my friends on Xbox. I am sure others feel the same and it would mean even more to us since Ark 2 is supposed to be an Xbox exclusive. This would allow us to atleast play this game together if we can’t play the new one together. Thank you for listening and I hope you will consider.

I really think that you guys should make this game cross platform so i can play with my friends. Like I like playing with my cousin but i want to play with my friend but no cross platform so i cannot. It is up to you guys, but i think it would be a good marketing plan, then you could like raise the price like ghost of tsushima. I just joined this site and yeah this is why. 

Also question are there wyverns on the main ark, The Island? That is all. 

Cross Platform play

Is it possible to allow cross platform play between pc(steam) and ps4 players for the genesis DLC update as I play on ps4 however my friends play on pc and it would be really cool if we could both play genesis together. If I'm correct the only barrier that was stopping this was sony who denied cross play but that is no longer a issue as sony has opened the cross platform play for devs who wish to add it to their game. Even if the servers won't be allowed to use certain mods it would still be great to cross play.

Archived