What is the BEST stat distribution for PvE

SabreSG

What is the BEST stat distribution for PvE

Hello fellow Ark Survivalists I'm pretty new to Ark, been playing a couple months only with PvE.

Everytime I have restarted or the unofficial server i was on dissapeared, I have found that I'm distributing my stats differently each time. The only constant for me is weight which I lvl up to about 350.

So I'm wondering to all the more experienced veterans out there what is a good stat distribution to go with thats balanced and is weight at 350 too high. I have pretty much ignored crafting speed, oxygen ,food and water is it worth investing any points in these areas.

Thankyou in advance for your input, I look forward to your responses.

SabreSG

I keep my health above 500 so I always survive falls. It doesn't happen often, but every once in a while my finger'll twitch onto the E button while I'm flying and I dismount midair. But more than that, any time I need to get away I know I can survive a large fall. I keep movement speed at about 165%. Stamina at 200, then I dump the rest of my points into weight. Whenever I do something like say alpha dragon or a tek cave, or other challenging content like that, I'll use mindwipes to respec and put more into health, stam, fortitude and some times melee damage, depending on what I'm doing and whether I'll be using melee weapons, which mostly I never do.

4 minutes ago, SabreSG said:

Are these chars on different servers, can you have multiple chars on the same server?

Yes they are on different servers, It's easy to jump them round as required especially if you have bases on each of the 7 different maps. 

you can only have 1 char on a server at a time

The hard bit is remembering who is where sometimes :D   

I have over 180 speed.

with that much running power you basically can put enough weight on yourself and still walk at normal pace

outswim sharks outrun raptors outrun cave wilds

for funsies cross the map butt naked and not die once

your only troubles are gigas and titano. you still cannot outrun their attack radius sadly :(

Food, Water, Melee, and Oxygen should never be leveled on a high level character.

For crafting, you mindwipe and put all your points into it, then mindwipe back to your normal stats.

Hp, Weight, and Speed are your priorities. I would get at least 300 hp, 400 weight, and 180 speed if your character is high enough leveled. A little stam and fortitude is good, but if you pump your speed even higher (my character has 224%) you won't need much extra stam if any. 

A little tip with fortitude is to always have at LEAST ONE point. Troodons always do 50 torpor, regardless of your armor/their melee which is just enough to KO you, unless you have points in fortitude. One hit vs two hits to KO makes a big difference.

• 4 months later...
On 6/6/2020 at 8:32 PM, SabreSG said:

What is the BEST stat distribution for PvE Hello fellow Ark Survivalists I'm pretty new to Ark, been playing a couple months only with PvE. Everytime I have restarted or the unofficial server i was on dissapeared, I have found that I'm distributing my stats differently each time. The only constant for me is weight which I lvl up to about 350. So I'm wondering to all the more experienced veterans out there what is a good stat distribution to go with thats balanced and is weight at 350 too high. I have pretty much ignored crafting speed, oxygen ,food and water is it worth investing any points in these areas. Thankyou in advance for your input, I look forward to your responses. SabreSG

I have found that much like the tames, health is very helpful. But typically I run most in health, a little bit in oxygen {200 usually}, a little bit in weight {200-250}, and a LOT in fortitude because I live in snow biome {60-70} And maybe a splash in crafting, but typically I do a mind wipe and max out crafting if Im building boss saddles.

9 hours ago, wizard03 said:

I have found that much like the tames, health is very helpful. But typically I run most in health, a little bit in oxygen {200 usually}, a little bit in weight {200-250}, and a LOT in fortitude because I live in snow biome {60-70} And maybe a splash in crafting, but typically I do a mind wipe and max out crafting if Im building boss saddles.

I've lived in snow biome and had even more fortitude than that. I currently live in the red woods where it can get a bit nippy and I tend to still run at about 40 fortitude there.

A lot of the answers have shown there is a lot of variability based on what you are trying to do. Yet another niche application would be trying to steal the wyvern eggs from the southern cave on ragnarok. If you put a lot of points into oxy you can stay underwater a lot and that sorta makes the wyverns have a harder time finding you. Been a long while since I tried to do that, but I think some points into hp and stam also helped me with that. Sometimes I'll mind wipe and put every single point into weight if I'm needing a load of metal simply so when I'm standing there with my forge and anky I have less transfers to do lol. Sometimes I want a lot more hp so I can jump frm my main base room to my main yard which is a big enough fall to kill a char with stock hp, but with hp lvled I can even jump off my roof which is prty high. If I want to do a boss fight I respec and put on a bunch of armor and gear while pumping weight till I can hold enough stuff plus some extra weight for wiggle room, then pump hp to idk like 4 or 6 hundred, then spend a while fretting over the remaining points. Idk its hard to describe because it's a very fluid thing that you just develop a feel for over a long period of playing and respeckin, and to each his own... So the real important thing is knowing how to get resources to craft the mind wipe tonic. (assuming you can use one, my tribe mate still cant even tho wc says they fixed em). Before I got the giant turtle rare mushrooms were often the linch pin for me making them, so here is a random tip. You can get rare mushrooms from mangroove trees in the swamp. Take a theriznosaur for even better harvesting.

9 hours ago, sjskdjkfa said:

I've lived in snow biome and had even more fortitude than that. I currently live in the red woods where it can get a bit nippy and I tend to still run at about 40 fortitude there.

A lot of the answers have shown there is a lot of variability based on what you are trying to do. Yet another niche application would be trying to steal the wyvern eggs from the southern cave on ragnarok. If you put a lot of points into oxy you can stay underwater a lot and that sorta makes the wyverns have a harder time finding you. Been a long while since I tried to do that, but I think some points into hp and stam also helped me with that. Sometimes I'll mind wipe and put every single point into weight if I'm needing a load of metal simply so when I'm standing there with my forge and anky I have less transfers to do lol. Sometimes I want a lot more hp so I can jump frm my main base room to my main yard which is a big enough fall to kill a char with stock hp, but with hp lvled I can even jump off my roof which is prty high. If I want to do a boss fight I respec and put on a bunch of armor and gear while pumping weight till I can hold enough stuff plus some extra weight for wiggle room, then pump hp to idk like 4 or 6 hundred, then spend a while fretting over the remaining points. Idk its hard to describe because it's a very fluid thing that you just develop a feel for over a long period of playing and respeckin, and to each his own... So the real important thing is knowing how to get resources to craft the mind wipe tonic. (assuming you can use one, my tribe mate still cant even tho wc says they fixed em). Before I got the giant turtle rare mushrooms were often the linch pin for me making them, so here is a random tip. You can get rare mushrooms from mangroove trees in the swamp. Take a theriznosaur for even better harvesting.

Have you ever tried kicking all the metal off the anky first, then standing next to the forge to pick it all up........the game will allow to carry much more than you are supposed to, but only if you pick up the little packages.

6 hours ago, wizard03 said:

Have you ever tried kicking all the metal off the anky first, then standing next to the forge to pick it all up........the game will allow to carry much more than you are supposed to, but only if you pick up the little packages.

You can use a whip to reach the items from further and use tek leggings to walk around while encumbered. You can carry an entire industrial forge worth of metal to your storage.

1 minute ago, Thyme said:

You can use a whip to reach the items from further and use tek leggings to walk around while encumbered. You can carry an entire industrial forge worth of metal to your storage.

To expand on this further, you can also use the tek gloves to launch yourself in the air and hover/fly with the tek chest when overburdened if necessary. Most times the tek leggings will do the trick but its nice to know.

Archived