Suggestion for unplayable Ping on Primitive Plus

CherryBlossom

Problem: 250+ PING = PVP not happening....

Official PVP Primitive Plus servers.

The Ping is and has been a big problem on and off for the 3.5 years i haven been playing.
We have made many reports but nothing has changed.
The explanations we have gotten is that high Ping is a result of bases with huge defenses and to many dinos.
But we have players from reg. Official ARK who have played with more players, bigger bases and they don't suffer the same high Ping. They however have Cryopod and Cryofridge.

Either Primitive Plus does not get the same server resources dealt as reg. Official ARK servers or the dinos are the problem.

This means every time a tribe gets "to big" or there are "to many" bases on a server the Ping gets so high its unplayable. This scares a lot of Primitive Plus players away, even players who have played for months/years.
To big and to many at the moment means, one base, Ping goes to about 200. Two bases and it grows to 250+ Ping.

PVP with 100 Ping is annoying but doable. 200+ Ping is horrible, rubber-banding, teleporting all over the place and disconnect = unplayable.

Suggestion:
Maybe we could get something similar to Cryopod and Cryofridge. Minus the portable Cryopods, they would take away to many PVP challenges.

I was thinking, we could get a stationary item where we could store dinos, something with the same size and build limitations as the Industrial forge.
It could hold about 20 dinos and run on
for example spark powder or something else. The upload/download could be similar to beacons, but isolated to that items inventory.
It would ofc be awful to lose 20 dinos just to a battleaxe or a sticky so i was thinking if you hit the item the dinos would pop-out. But it's just a suggestion and the server probably would not be able to handle 20 dinos popping out at once.

It would help out A LOT, on the amount of dinos pulling down the server resources.

13 hours ago, CherryBlossom said:

Problem: 250+ PING = PVP not happening....

Official PVP Primitive Plus servers.

The Ping is and has been a big problem on and off for the 3.5 years i haven been playing.
We have made many reports but nothing has changed.
The explanations we have gotten is that high Ping is a result of bases with huge defenses and to many dinos.
But we have players from reg. Official ARK who have played with more players, bigger bases and they don't suffer the same high Ping. They however have Cryopod and Cryofridge.

Either Primitive Plus does not get the same server resources dealt as reg. Official ARK servers or the dinos are the problem.

This means every time a tribe gets "to big" or there are "to many" bases on a server the Ping gets so high its unplayable. This scares a lot of Primitive Plus players away, even players who have played for months/years.
To big and to many at the moment means, one base, Ping goes to about 200. Two bases and it grows to 250+ Ping.

PVP with 100 Ping is annoying but doable. 200+ Ping is horrible, rubber-banding, teleporting all over the place and disconnect = unplayable.

Suggestion:
Maybe we could get something similar to Cryopod and Cryofridge. Minus the portable Cryopods, they would take away to many PVP challenges.

I was thinking, we could get a stationary item where we could store dinos, something with the same size and build limitations as the Industrial forge.
It could hold about 20 dinos and run on
for example spark powder or something else. The upload/download could be similar to beacons, but isolated to that items inventory.
It would ofc be awful to lose 20 dinos just to a battleaxe or a sticky so i was thinking if you hit the item the dinos would pop-out. But it's just a suggestion and the server probably would not be able to handle 20 dinos popping out at once.

It would help out A LOT, on the amount of dinos pulling down the server resources.

On 6/7/2020 at 1:01 AM, CherryBlossom said:

<everything CherryBlossom said is mighty fine>

Yes and yes to all suggestions, please give prim+ the little TLC it so desperately need.

The ping needs to be fixed, how it's fixed, i don't really care about, even tho i do like those suggestions, but fixed it needs to be.
yesh.

Chiefy

Archived