Building issues

vanyelxp5

5 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

It could be where you are standing.  Hard to really say I’ve had plenty of moments like that,  most resolvable but some there’s no solution.

I've tried everything from being at the max possible distance below, to flying an argent. Placing like that just doesn't seem to work.

I did manage to find a kind of solution though, By placing another ceiling tile and standing on it, I can snap to the edge of it instead of the other one, similar to another trick I picked up for turning a double door frame around so it opens to the outside instead of inside. The ceiling tile can then be removed, and the game treats the remaining structure as if it were snapped to the original all along. It's annoying to do, but it does work.... When the game doesn't change the snap point at the last moment despite there being no movement.

10 minutes ago, vanyelxp5 said:

And now I can't get the triangle roofs to point upward on the outside of the tower wall.

They'll point up on the inside, or from the outside ring, but not from the last wall row to the outside ring. This would be so much easier if these could be flipped over the same way that walls can be rotated. >.<

towerroof.jpg

Had this issue so many times I have a triangular hole in my roof and have had for nearly 12 months nothing will fix it. Good job I'm single player.

So irritating.

5 minutes ago, SnowboundGem said:

Had this issue so many times I have a triangular hole in my roof and have had for nearly 12 months nothing will fix it. Good job I'm single player.

So irritating.

I figured out a way. You need a triangle ceiling to place between the two triangle roof points, as well as a platform to stand on, and then cycle snaps with Q until it points the right way. It will snap to that triangle edge, but then you can remove the ceiling, and the roof remains in place.

16 minutes ago, vanyelxp5 said:

I figured out a way. You need a triangle ceiling to place between the two triangle roof points, as well as a platform to stand on, and then cycle snaps with Q until it points the right way. It will snap to that triangle edge, but then you can remove the ceiling, and the roof remains in place.

I'm willing to give this a shot maybe I just did everything else but this. including swearing at it, half demolishing my house, throwing a tantrum. 

Worth a go though, keeping fingers crossed. 

1 minute ago, SnowboundGem said:

I'm willing to give this a shot maybe I just did everything else but this. including swearing at it, half demolishing my house, throwing a tantrum. 

Worth a go though, keeping fingers crossed. 

Good luck. this building system is frustrating. almost 4k hours in, and it still makes no sense sometimes.

Archived