Genesis format vs classic ark

Wesmanee

Genesis format vs classic ark

Curious do you guys want to see more smaller separate biome maps after genesis part 2 or would you rather them go back to the massive open world format? I was not one of the people completely opposed to this style I actually really enjoyed it. And I notice way better performance when playing. But after playing genesis a few months I think I would lean towards the massive open maps we had before. It just doesnt feel the same when you have separate biomes. And the biggest pain is you have to build your base near a port zone or it becomes a pain traversing back to your base everytime your port. What are your thoughts?

If you look at each expansion, there is a trend. The exact same thing happened to, say World of Warcraft. It begins at a starting point, but for every subsequent expansion, things become more and more streamlined.

It's funny that they both release to console and make an expansion like this within a short time frame. Makes me wonder what kind of game Ark 2, if it ever comes, will be. Maybe they'll take the basic story we got now and then make a Mass Effect-like game set hundreds of years after the Arks returned, and it'll be a completely different type of game set within the same universe.

For some reason, the fear that that's what's gonna happen has been growing in me lately. It feels like they are trying to make their game have more mainstream appeal, and fall more in line with what every other game is doing right now, and I'm hating it. Genesis feels like your typical console FPS-RPG. I am betting a game like that is 10x easier to manage as well, cause there aren't as many moving parts when you force players' actions.

genesis was awesome and still is, but not much element there in comparison to extinction

and the smaller different biomes are awesome

great visuals and mechanics too

in the end the smaller biomes with teleport points do not even matter that much because you have a lot of public tps on the servers

i would love a second map like this for genesis part 2 but what could it be else?

desert mars cave forest ??? running out of biomes i guess xd

so maybe next map is normal big map, maybe only 1-3 biomes with a different hazzardous weird theme

i love these volcano erruptions and the asteroids in lunar, they make the game alive.

maybe boiling water next or no gravity like the malfunction map would be great, but

who knows whats the plan for gen2...

I'd like an open map again. The teleportation makes traveling and exploring a bit boring, and because you teleport so often everyone is kinda forced to build near a teleport zone. For any biomes like lunar though you'd need a teleporter or a dome like in extinction to contain it, just because it wouldn't make sense otherwise.

Genesis is one of my least favorite dlcs because of the map. When you wanna go somewhere else you sit in a teleporter for 20 seconds instead of venturing there. As well I don't think the biomes are as unique as something like abberation or extinction. With the exception of lunar they're just variations of existing biomes.

1 hour ago, Thyme said:

I'd like an open map again. The teleportation makes traveling and exploring a bit boring, and because you teleport so often everyone is kinda forced to build near a teleport zone. For any biomes like lunar though you'd need a teleporter or a dome like in extinction to contain it, just because it wouldn't make sense otherwise.

Sounds like it would be easier to be like most MMOs and have a hub to get to missions and remove building entirely.

I like the idea with Genesis but for us console players (maybe pc too?) the game crashed or u got kicked out atleast 7 out of 10 times u teleported, and the racing mission are to laggy to even try. In fact the whole of Genesis is laggy. 
So i think i would prefer a big open map just to avoid the constant crashing.

Archived