Dimorph imprinting timer gone as adult...

3 hours ago, FlagrantVagrant said:

Dimorph imprinting timer gone as adult...

So when my Dimorph reached adult, the "wants care in" timer disappeared with around 45 minutes left.  Does that mean it won't need/want care or if it does still need, will something show up on screen, because right now there is no way I can tell?

After they are fully matured (adult stage) they don't accept or need any imprinting. 

On 2x. It’s harder for some animals to get 100% imprint.  Lucky for you,  you are dealing with a dimorphodo .  It should be 100% imprint on the first and only one you can do right now.

if it isnt* -  then the work around is you can put in a female procoptodon pouch with a mate nearby.  Imprint will be 2x and make a 50% turn into a 100%.   All shoulder pets can do every imprint inside since they stay small enough.

42 minutes ago, FlagrantVagrant said:

My Dimorph never reached 100%, it stayed at zero the entire time.  I never left its side for more than a minute or 2 during the maturation process.  I think the imprint still says 0% as an adult.  So I"m not totally clear on how imprinting works, even with the things i've read.

It's pretty simple: babies can be imprinted, but adults can't, even if they should have been imprintable. Being an adult simply erases all imprint chances. Does that make sense?

7 hours ago, FlagrantVagrant said:

My Dimorph never reached 100%, it stayed at zero the entire time.  I never left its side for more than a minute or 2 during the maturation process.  I think the imprint still says 0% as an adult.  So I"m not totally clear on how imprinting works, even with the things i've read.

Imprinting is every 8 hours and a Dimorphodon takes 25 hours once it hatches from the egg to become an adult, you should of had time for 3 imprints if you'd really stayed at it's side non stop for 25 hours.

17 hours ago, Peteed1 said:

Imprinting is every 8 hours and a Dimorphodon takes 25 hours once it hatches from the egg to become an adult, you should of had time for 3 imprints if you'd really stayed at it's side non stop for 25 hours.

Unless he’s on single player and he upped breeding timers but didn’t adjust imprints...

5 hours ago, Peteed1 said:

Well they haven't mentioned where or how they are playing did they? So all we have to go on until they do is base game times which is what my answer is based off.

Well I read the description and OP said it finished w 45min before imprint was up.  Right now, official rates are at 2x which makes this a 12hr raise.  OP stated they never got 1 imprint in so it finished in under 7hrs 15min based on usual imprint times and when it actually finished growing.  This would imply growth rates are at 3.5x on whatever server he is on.  Since most public unofficial boosted servers have already had their rates adjusted, I assumed the OP was running single player or their own dedicated server which they didn't know which settings to adjust.

They also said they watched it the whole time it was raising, so I"m assuming they adjusted all but the imprint settings since I doubted they wouldn't know what happened if they had bothered to actually adjust it.  Their question would have been what setting should it be at, not 'what happened here'.

Of course I didn't catch on to the problem when I first read it, but after having gone over it a couple times, i'm pretty sure this is the issue.  Unfortunately I don't have an answer on what the settings should be changed to.

Didn't realize this topic got this much attention.  I never adjusted any sliders having to do with taming.  The only slider i messed with was for resources.  This is single player, local/host. I don't do MP since my connection is unreliable for that.  I did spend a considerable amount of time staying within prox of the maturation, made sure it was feeding and such. 

My first attempt was a beaver, but that died really quick, and didn't understand what I was supposed to do.  The dimorph  was the second breeding attempt and as I mentioned, I fully expected to do an imprint at the designated time, but then it became an adult, the imprint remained at 0 and wasn't totally sure what was going on.

Yeah it should have taken 2 days on vanilla.  So if it finished before 8hrs was up,  then your maturation speed was kicked up to 3.5.   
Lifted from a guide I found on steam,  if you work with boosted breeding rates there’s these different ones you need to tweak

BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier - how fast the maturation rate
BabyCuddleIntervalMultiplier - how often do you want the interval. If you want faster, the value must be lower than 1.
BabyImprintingStatScaleMultiplier - this is a good boost when you get 100% imprinting. I recommend not to go over 3 or else it is OP.
BabyCuddleGracePeriodMultiplier - how long is the grace period for the next cuddle. Honestly, you don't really need this if you are going to make the cuddle interval faster. It's only good when you have a bit slower cuddle rate.
BabyCuddleLoseImprintQualitySpeedMultiplier - how much you start losing imprinting % when you didn't cuddle or miss the grace period. You don't really need this as well when you have faster cuddle rate.

So i checked...

Baby mature speed 1.75

Baby cuddle interval 1.0

Baby imprint stat scale 1.0

Baby cuddle grace period 1.0

Baby cuddle lose imprint 1.0

So that 1.75, i guess i changed it and don't remember.  Is that what did it?  Sadly, I have no way of remembering exactly how long it all took.

So the imprint stat scale could be raised to match it, or drop the mature speed to normal?

On 6/8/2020 at 10:53 PM, Lycan187u said:

can you find me a better 60$ game?? I seem to love this one UwU ...and that has no issues ill be here waiting holding my breath xD

In all reality the game costs way more with all of the DLC that are basically mandatory in PvP to have.(not to mention unnoficial costs) The artists for Ark are fantastic and we all love the game, but the optimization is non existent, endless list of bugs, horrific balance in PvP & some are game breaking & most ppl have gone to unnoficial because the lack of enforcement on official for duping, cheating ect. Also the servers performance and outrageous pings on official are still a problem. But yeah anyways I said "$60 game btw" cause it's a meme at this point.

19 hours ago, FlagrantVagrant said:

So i checked...

Baby mature speed 1.75

Baby cuddle interval 1.0

Baby imprint stat scale 1.0

Baby cuddle grace period 1.0

Baby cuddle lose imprint 1.0

So that 1.75, i guess i changed it and don't remember.  Is that what did it?  Sadly, I have no way of remembering exactly how long it all took.

So the imprint stat scale could be raised to match it, or drop the mature speed to normal?

Do you have single player settings ticked? I assume yes otherwise it would of taken 25 hours after hatching to grow normally and with 1.75 would of still been over 12 hours which would of at least been one imprint. Behind the scenes single player settings tick does alot of changes to speeds which kinda ignores some sliders unless they were manually changed afaik. So yeah that 1.75 would ruin the single player settings tick by making it even faster.

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Single_Player

[ServerSettings]
DifficultyOffset=0.200000
XPMultiplier=2.000000
TamingSpeedMultiplier=2.50000
ServerCrosshair=True
ShowMapPlayerLocation=True
EnablePvPGamma=True
AllowFlyerCarryPvE=True

[/script/shootergame.shootergamemode]
MatingIntervalMultiplier=0.125000
EggHatchSpeedMultiplier=10.000000
BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier=36.799000
BabyCuddleIntervalMultiplier=0.167000
bFlyerPlatformAllowUnalignedDinoBasing=False
bAllowCustomRecipes=True
bPassiveDefensesDamageRiderlessDinos=True
MaxDifficulty=False
bUseSingleplayerSettings=True

That's part of what it does. Notice the 36.799000 baby mature speed? Yes single player settings changes cuddle timers but only to match that mature speed and your 1.75 means this: 36.799000 x 1.75 = 64.39825

So over 64 times faster than normal which means: 25 / 64 = 0.390625 of an hour which means baby to adult would be maybe 20 minutes?

Then 8 (normal hours between cuddles) x 0.167000 = 1.336 of an hour between cuddles so about 1 hour 20 mins which means about an hour longer than mature rate until first cuddle time.

I didn't do exact maths but with that 45 mins off seems about right.

So yeah it's that 1.75 screwing you.

Do you have single player settings ticked?

Sorry, I don't know what that means, specifically.  I don't see anything  with the server options specifying anything along those lines.  When I first started I just did the local host/ "play single player", since I wasn't familiar with the game at all.  So that 1.75, map marker and some resource options were really the only things I believe i messed with.

Your explanation was very helpful, I may just change it back to 1.0 and see how it plays out again.

As for your listed server settings:  tamingspeed and XPmulit were not listed in the gameusersettings.ini, though i don't know how much a difference it makes.  And these are the others as they are listed.

MatingIntervalMultiplier=0.5
EggHatchSpeedMultiplier=1.0
BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier=1.75
BabyCuddleIntervalMultiplier=1.0
bFlyerPlatformAllowUnalignedDinoBasing=False
bAllowCustomRecipes=True
bPassiveDefensesDamageRiderlessDinos=False
MaxDifficulty=False
bUseSingleplayerSettings=True

Archived