Organic Polymer vs Hard Polymer

ArkLover7891

4 minutes ago, Hemplethwaite said:

Hard is best it doesn't spoil, but you will need to farm  obsidian and CP to make it.

Organic is easier to get if you just need a small amount quickly kill some penguins or hesperonis and harvest with moschops or pelagornis for best yield if you are on SE/RAG kill mantis or kill Karkanos on Aberration

I was planning on maybe making a penguin farm if I used organic. I live some ways away from obsiden and beavers, so organic would be much easier. I’m currently trying to make an industrial forge.

organic poly - spoils, easy to get from gacha who produces poly, or from penguins.  Gacha crystals can be made at time of need, 160 crafting on gacha gives max poly per crystal.  Can also be used to instantly kill ones self if stuck in a spot you cant get out of.

hard poly - doesn't spoil.  Requires obsidian & cementing paste - Cementing paste can be a pain, as many people don't empty the beaver dams leaving them filled with wood.  cementing paste will be the setback requires 4 chitin/karatin and 8 stone in mortar. 

each has its pluses and minuses.

1 minute ago, caleb68 said:

400 organic takes me about 10 min with my gacha.

2 minutes ago, hud said:

Or grind riot gear, shoot guns etc. 

I always take with me few ghillie bps when I doing drops or veins on ext. U can get there crazy amounts of corrupted module or how is that thing called. Works same als org poly 

If ArkLover7891 is working toward an industrial forge I'm guessing they don't have a Gacha or grinder at this stage.

At your stage of the game your very very early game. Late game players mostly used org poly because you can get a slot cap in minutes on aberration. But the Op makes me think they don’t have any dlc

SO the best poly farm on the island map for a early game would be to tame a pelagornis and use it to farm poly from penguins org poly weighs less in the owls and I think take longer to spoil 

6 minutes ago, LE4SoDeadly said:

At your stage of the game your very very early game. Late game players mostly used org poly because you can get a slot cap in minutes on aberration. But the Op makes me think they don’t have any dlc

SO the best poly farm on the island map for a early game would be to tame a pelagornis and use it to farm poly from penguins org poly weighs less in the owls and I think take longer to spoil 

So, would hard or organic be best? I have a few expansions, although I only have the one's that came with the explorer bundle.

Organic polymer is the best.

Hard poly is just for show off and for buying things.

Gacha crystals do not spoil but need a lot of vault's to kep it. One vault can keep 7 to 8 k poly in form of gacha crystals (depends on gacha crafting skill) and same vault can keep 35k of hard poly.

In rare occasions also rare BP you will need hard poly to combine with organic too as it take less place in fabricator (stack is 100). Oragnic poly in that cases (stack is 20) full fill entire fabricator and still poly will not be enough.If thing can be crafted in replicator you will not have that problem as replicator can keep 600 items.

Don't try to save gacha crystals in tek storage, too many reports of a bug to risk that.

Other than gacha and penguins next source is a grinder which is a must for any crafter.

To prevent spoil of organic polymer you can make Soap in industrial cooker at a cost 1 oil per polimer ie 1 soap you get by cooking 1 polymer and 2 oils. Soap stack sise is 100 so in one vault you can have 35 k of soap from which  you get 35 k poly and 35k oil back by using grinder

Depends where you are and what your have access to. A good Thyla in the desert killing mantis will give you enough organic to make what you want on Rag. Corrupt nodules on Extinction serve the same purpose.

I also keep any riot gear and fabi snipers from my gacha/drops in my grinder for as and when needed. I've built an entire Tek base complete with cloners et all without any hard poly.

55 minutes ago, ArkLover7891 said:

So in short, it seems like organic is better and easier to get, but it spoils quicker and can’t stack as much? If I end up going with regular, I’m going to get a Dino for obsiden. If I go with regular, I’ll go get a gacha.

If you get a gacha make sure to stockpile the cyrstals and only open them as you use em, the crystals never spoil like the poly does. You'll likely want both types of poly, as you'll want an anky anyways for harvesting metal/crystal/flint and gachas for black pearls and red sap too.

Iv set up a shop over by the glaciers on the island. Typically Ill do a "quick" harvest run once every few hours of gameplay if Im looking to build with poly. I got an argentavis with stupid high melee damage, hit the three glaciers and wipe all the penguins out, I come back to base where I have 3 snails I keep to "refrigerate" the polymer. Ill fill the snails stupid full, and just about the time Im ready to build, Ill have nearly 3000 poly on hand.

With that said tho, if I get in a pinch where I need a few more polymer for something, I will just go ahead and create it as I like to keep obsideon on hand and after finding out how much chitin the sloths gather, its nothing to get some paste cooked up and I typically have a large storage cabinet full of it.

On 6/5/2020 at 5:28 PM, Hemplethwaite said:

400 poly is a hard ask for organic. Tame some snails for paste and farm the obsidian I'd say

Farming cementing paste on TheCenter in the Swamp Biome from Beaver Dams  is quicker then passive farming it from snails I do said. Equivalent of 50 snails or more hourly rate per hour farming in the Swamp Biome.

I would like to try server traveling farming method.

But servers are from stone age.

There is no any synchronization.

There is no code to save uploaded avatar, dino or items in mode that support could find it after avatar lost.

(support use internal policy to not help, then compensation stipulation and similar methods to dodge and not help players)

We are at 5 anniversary and this basic bug is still present. 

Archived