[v310.80] Ovis/Sheep Changes Discussion

Kanosa

What did they do to Ovis this patch???

So in the most recent patch of the game it states "Reduced scaling factor of sheep harvesting health to reduce stalls"  Now today I got wiped all my cryos gone and so was my base which I had spent a lot of time on (this was on official small tribes) So I had to start up again so I got to kill the Ovis and instead of one Ovis giving me 15-20 Mutton it gives me like 2 mutton. I don't understand how people who are trying to build up can tame decent dinos at that level without the help of mutton. Does Wild card really expect me to wait an 1 and a half hours for a level 150 pteranodon instead of 25 minutes?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Kanosa said:

The Kibble Progression requires so much more resources and time. It's only useful if you already have a set up base and you aren't just starting out. 

Then it's like everything else in a survival game risk vs reward.

The current rates are 2x on official servers right now and for the foreseeable future. This is really like 4x of the original rates in early access. Go back a watch video of game play back then and how taming was handled.

1 hour ago, Kanosa said:

How is spending hours making kibble any risk, I'm not sure what you mean by risk vs reward, and can you elaborate on how 4x original rates in early access, by the way I play small tribes which is 3x rate.

When ark came out of early access the original rates were doubled. So small tribes is basically 6x the original ark rates. Think of how long the original taming times were and how important each tame was.

It's a choice. Spend the time setting up kibble vs the longer taming and lower efficiency of the other taming foods.

1 hour ago, Aylana314159 said:

When ark came out of early access the original rates were doubled. So small tribes is basically 6x the original ark rates. Think of how long the original taming times were and how important each tame was.

It's a choice. Spend the time setting up kibble vs the longer taming and lower efficiency of the other taming foods.

Half these pansies don’t know about 24 hour theri tames  or sitting in your quetz trap floating in the air for four hours . Had it easy I say ?

Did you know this game is dying.

And here comes another map. You guys keep pumping maps out trying to keep your bleeding playerbase here. If you actually took time to fix the game and stop make new maps and game breaking tames more people would play. 

You guys change the way ovis have worked for 5 years for no reason other than to kill the motivation of anyone trying to fresh start. You make changes with 0 thought to how it will effect pvp or official. 

It's like your only job is to try and push people to rent servers because it's the only way you can make any money. 

This game will go down as one if the biggest disappointment in gaming. 

Sincerely,

Someone who loves ark but hate the company and developers who run it.  ❤️

57 minutes ago, RedXIII said:

Yeah think I will pass on regular meat taming anything for kibble. With the amount you need. It was either a mistake or another push to get people to move to private servers. But itll just make more people quit. Lose more and more players all the time and people still try to defend every mistake. *looks up*......

People played for years with the original rates. Official servers should be hard and fit the tribe design.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

People played for years with the original rates. Official servers should be hard and fit the tribe design.

Oh, I remember the days of the original 1X, when there were no crossbows or tranq darts(carried extra bows and repair materials; repaired my bow a few times when tranqing high level rexes), and no kibble, much less mutton.   You had to try to time your prime meat runs, and hope you scored; sometimes, you just came up empty on prime and the next bite was on regular meat.  And, then you learned how to fast transfer prime from your tame to yourself to the beast you were taming to minimize drop in spoil time while in your inventory.

Even when kibble started to become a thing, getting eggs was a lot of time; you spent days or weeks collecting scorpion eggs so you could make kibble for a high level rex.   From what I remember, the only time there was a chance for and egg was during re-rendering.  And no Oviraptors to help out back then.

This new patch is completely decided by being out of mind. How could possibly a person start his game from new after getting wiped? Ovis is hard to find and now if this is the new case then we have to kill 50s of ovis to tame 1 carnivore. How come they expect for a starter player to make kibble. Kibble require Dino eggs as well as certain special ingredients. It was already impossible to play hidden on open servers (now when all servers are open) and now we can't even tame a good level dino without waiting for hours. Developers want us to grind narcotics for hours and then wait standing at the tame for hours and what we get at the end? a low lvl poorly tamed dino. This game is completely impossible for new players. Rust or any other survival game is far better. Instead of making such garbage and stupid patches for ovis, developers should focus on how they can stop new players getting exploited by players who are playing from years. Honestly, I play in a duo, me and my mate were having a decent base with 2 turrets and few lvl 100-150 dinos then all of a sudden we woke up to that our base was destroyed and all the dinos were killed by some other tribe with lvl 400+ Dinos like Giga, Snow owl, Mana. Developers should focus on stopping these kind of exploitation and bullying.

1 hour ago, RedXIII said:

Did you know this game is dying.

And here comes another map. You guys keep pumping maps out trying to keep your bleeding playerbase here. If you actually took time to fix the game and stop make new maps and game breaking tames more people would play. 

You guys change the way ovis have worked for 5 years for no reason other than to kill the motivation of anyone trying to fresh start. You make changes with 0 thought to how it will effect pvp or official. 

It's like your only job is to try and push people to rent servers because it's the only way you can make any money. 

This game will go down as one if the biggest disappointment in gaming. 

Sincerely,

Someone who loves ark but hate the company and developers who run it.  ❤️

Then why is the pop pretty stable as it has been over the few years?

https://steamcharts.com/app/346110

• invincibleqc changed the title to [v310.80] Ovis/Sheep Changes Discussion

Archived