Does anybody know if transfer will be available immediately for Crystal Isles?

Violalovee

1 hour ago, reddotjellytot said:

I doubt it very much. They always give it a few months for people to pillar the servers and lag them up so no one can build.  

Transferring stuff in is usually a few months after map release u can transfer out a few weeks before they officially open up full transfers tho

If they allowed immediate transfer there would be huge (30+ people) tribes making 20k pillars (in advance and transferring over) and pillaring the whole map in 3 hours before anyone else has a chance to build anything using dinos they transferred over. Something similar happened before with another map, that is why they don't allow it right away. So they probably wont allow it right away OP.

6 hours ago, Cowgirl said:

If they allowed immediate transfer there would be huge (30+ people) tribes making 20k pillars (in advance and transferring over) and pillaring the whole map in 3 hours before anyone else has a chance to build anything using dinos they transferred over. Something similar happened before with another map, that is why they don't allow it right away. So they probably wont allow it right away OP.

Don't worry... Wildcard will most likely boost the rates to insane amounts (like they do with every new map release), so that the server will get spammed with pillars immidiately anyway. 

But no, with every new map release, there is 3 months of no incoming transfer. 

2 hours ago, LE4SoDeadly said:

Why play pve if it’s so bad? It sounds more toxic then pvp, the mode where your actually out to screw over the enemy ?

Not everyone has time to be online 24/7 or have enough friends to form a 20+ player tribe, to compete with the chinese mega tribes.  

From my experience of playing on official PVE for years, it's really not a big problem with pillar spamming anymore, the majority of players are super friendly and are willing to remove some pillars if they are blocking something you want. If they are blocking valuable ressources and the players refuse to remove them, making a ticket is actually quite helpfull in this case. 

I would never waste my time playing PVP in ARK, I can't think of another game that is less suited for PVP than this. 

8 hours ago, TraXz said:

Don't worry... Wildcard will most likely boost the rates to insane amounts (like they do with every new map release), so that the server will get spammed with pillars immidiately anyway. 

But no, with every new map release, there is 3 months of no incoming transfer. 

Yes, but by many different tribes, not just ONE tribe with 30 people in it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2020 at 8:27 AM, TraXz said:

Not everyone has time to be online 24/7 or have enough friends to form a 20+ player tribe, to compete with the chinese mega tribes.  

From my experience of playing on official PVE for years, it's really not a big problem with pillar spamming anymore, the majority of players are super friendly and are willing to remove some pillars if they are blocking something you want. If they are blocking valuable ressources and the players refuse to remove them, making a ticket is actually quite helpfull in this case. 

I would never waste my time playing PVP in ARK, I can't think of another game that is less suited for PVP than this. 

Sad. I work full time and part time, still have time to play PvP, solo, and build a full metal base with turrets and the like. Stop making excuses for your inability.

• 2 weeks later...

PvP is a waste of time because someone will destroy your stuffs dah.  

Pillars prevent lag because the thing that causes lag is the HUGE BASES FULL OF DINOS FOR "BREEDING" and cloning which is done by said breeders with those HUGE BASES FULL OF DINOS.

You can transfer dinos out of Crystal Isles but for some ungodly evil creepy flackn reason this was discouraged by making the babies of crystal wyverns totally dependent on Crystal Isles map.  YOU CANNOT RAISE A CRYSTAL WYVERN BABY OFF OF CI MAP because it needs CI prime crystals as it's gerber foods.  

Thus crystal isles is now FULL OF BIG FAT BASES RAISING PETS instead of players taking their pets home to other maps to raise.  Ruining CI map and causing it to lag to death in a repeated cycle ****.

The solution is grossly obvious.  We need a new game format.  We need instanced housing.  We need to get rid of pvp and go pve only.  We need a new game that is like ark but not like ark.  A game that allows only a set number of constructions in the main ark world maps.  Make instanced housing where you could build and breed to your hearts content but not on the main maps.  So we stop getting in each others way.

Also, the level of stupid from the anti-pillar-social-justice-warriors is mind boggling.  You cry you don' t want other people's pillars THEN GO GET YOUR OWN SERVER since you don't like to share.  You claim you have the sharing heart but that so opposite of what you are saying.  You are saying, "Someone got the land before I did and I want their spot cry waaaa."  That is not a sharing caring attitude at all.  You are actually the greedy one here.  Stop looking at other people's stuff and go find your own stuff.

• 1 month later...

Kinda weird ....i've been raided 4 days ago and among the bunch of unkillable dinos there was a Reaper wich i think doesn't spawn in crystal isles. Looks like the Alpha team on the map is not alpha by talent. Moreover themselve have been raided like a week before ... no dinos were lefted and in a week they have a Reaper lvl 320 a Giga lvl 200 and a Golem lvl 230 and 2 unkillable tropeo (even with a legendary Sniper gun at 237% and myself being at lvl 99). Isn't it amazing !!!!

• 1 month later...

Ops original question has sufficiently been answered I'm just throwing my two cents worth in in regards to the PVE Vs PVP debate. I've been playing PVE for about four years on and off and although I have plenty of time on my hands I would still rather PVE for the simple reason that I always play on official servers and usually as a solo player and it just takes far too long to raise, tame or pretty much do anything of note, and then someone just comes along and destroys and steals the stuff I've spent months acquiring, No not my cup of tea. But in saying that I am glad that the option exists as it does intrigue me and I often watch PVP content on YouTube. I guess its just a matter of preference, I'm more layed back and don't want the hassle of fighting other players, It's enough of a hassle fighting Arks menagerie of glitches and flaws.

Archived