Jump to content

Ideas for XP farming beyond level 131


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hello ARK players

So with the delay of Crystal Isles, I figured that I might aswell spend some time trying to grind out those ascension levels. At the moment i'm level 131, but after hitting this level there's a massive jump to every next level (Roughly 10 mil. xp per level, increasing even higher later).

Obviously i'm using a sleeping pod everytime I log off, which gives minor XP per day. 
So far I found that farming purple drops on extinction with my giga is by far what gives the most experience. I've also made about 12 grinders, which gives descent amount of xp if you have easy access to wood or stone, but can't be compared to extinction... 12 grinders I know, madness, but why not.  

But farming purple drops with XP soup still seems to take ages. Does anyone have a better way to level up fast? Let me hear how you guys grind out those levels! ?

 

Edited by TraXz
Link to post
Share on other sites

Purple drops is it. I tried everything and its by far the fastest. The further you're able to go the more enraged rexes you can eat. I tried some more passive methods like crafting (argent/giga saddles, shotguns, cementing paste, ect.) and they're okay if you've got the resources. Giga saddles are best but the hide is the hardest part.

You can kill babies. Not the fastest but if you're breeding extra babies means free exp. Gigas and spinos are the most rewarding.

If you have a tribe remember tribe exp. Remember to coordinate with your tribemates so if you or they do a baby genocide you can all be there for exp.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Hemplethwaite said:

I prefer just to let it happen. Or if you have multiple toons use one that's already leveled and isn't gaining XP and just leave the others in pods till they have gained the levels, no grind involved. 

Sure, but at the rate i'm gaining XP in a sleeping pod, it will literally take me a month or more to gain ONE level. ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Thyme said:

Purple drops is it. I tried everything and its by far the fastest. The further you're able to go the more enraged rexes you can eat. I tried some more passive methods like crafting (argent/giga saddles, shotguns, cementing paste, ect.) and they're okay if you've got the resources. Giga saddles are best but the hide is the hardest part.

You can kill babies. Not the fastest but if you're breeding extra babies means free exp. Gigas and spinos are the most rewarding.

If you have a tribe remember tribe exp. Remember to coordinate with your tribemates so if you or they do a baby genocide you can all be there for exp.

Thanks for the input. 

I don't think crafting and killing babies is my style, sounds a bit unrewarding. I'm pretty sure I can use grinders to get more than that :D
Babies sounds like a descent option to be honest, except that giga eggs takes 2 days to hatch and I don't have any spinos :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 minutes ago, TraXz said:

Sure, but at the rate i'm gaining XP in a sleeping pod, it will literally take me a month or more to gain ONE level. ?

I think you'd be surprised, my 131 alt gained  a couple of levels in just 3 or 4 days in a pod after doing master controller gamma.I'm using it at the moment whilst my main works it's way up the levels again in a pod. Just switch back and forth as new levels become available after a boss or chibi level up

Link to post
Share on other sites

Genisis missions five decent xp for the harder one I moved to small tribes to Join friend and hit 105 in half a day (I know not exactly hard) 

but when I was on my main on official I found murdering queens gave a decent amount of xp, and if your good in the rad zone I can kill a lot and no one bothers you as know one uses the rad zone 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Hemplethwaite said:

 

I think you'd be surprised, my 131 alt gained  a couple of levels in just 3 or 4 days in a pod after doing master controller gamma.I'm using it at the moment whilst my main works it's way up the levels again in a pod. Just switch back and forth as new levels become available after a boss or chibi level up

I've been in the sleeping pod for 14-16 hours each day for 5 days.. I think i've gained 10-15% of a level....  I have unlocked to level 150, so I have a long way to go in a sleeping pod. ?

Edited by TraXz
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, l4m3r said:

just breed high lvl rexes put the eggs in a frige and when you want to lvl let them out and kill all the dino.

you get so much xp that is insane

We have rexes at 372 base level. But I highly doubt they can beat a purple drop.  How much xp do you assume 1 baby rex gives? Anything less than 10k is not worth it compared to a drop, but it's some nice bonus xp
I give it a test tomorrow, thanks for the input. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, LE4SoDeadly said:

Genisis missions five decent xp for the harder one I moved to small tribes to Join friend and hit 105 in half a day (I know not exactly hard) 

but when I was on my main on official I found murdering queens gave a decent amount of xp, and if your good in the rad zone I can kill a lot and no one bothers you as know one uses the rad zone 

Genesis missions are not good, tried them all, doesn't come close to a purple drop xp. Also gamma and alpha difficulty gives the same amount of xp ?

But 105 doesn't require much experience,  I can get to 105 in 2 hours of doing a purple drop, the problem is that when you hit 131, the amount of xp you need to reach level 132, goes up by 10 million. To reach level 105 from level 104, is only an increase of 500k xp. :)

Edited by TraXz
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TraXz said:

We have rexes at 372 base level. But I highly doubt they can beat a purple drop.  How much xp do you assume 1 baby rex gives? Anything less than 10k is not worth it compared to a drop, but it's some nice bonus xp
I give it a test tomorrow, thanks for the input. :)

it depends on which server on non official server you have s+ you just have to let them and breed out and you can kill themn with 2 clicks so you cann kill 100 in 2 mins ...

I leved from 110 to 135 in 2 days just with breeding

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, l4m3r said:

it depends on which server on non official server you have s+ you just have to let them and breed out and you can kill themn with 2 clicks so you cann kill 100 in 2 mins ...

I leved from 110 to 135 in 2 days just with breeding

I play on Official, so atm. it's only 2x rates. 
I honestly don't think I will gain that much XP, but I give it a test tomorrow! We have a ton of rexes, so we should be able to produce a lot of eggs each day if this is a good method. :)

According to an xp calculator, a lvl 372 baby rex will give roughly 5k xp.  That's not much to be honest, then I need to kill 2.000 to reach next level

Edited by TraXz
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...