The Center : Needs updates or good as is?

jamescoolcrafter15

On 6/5/2020 at 7:29 PM, Dinobros2000 said:

Unless you fixed a LARGE amount of maps and bugs it won't really affect the rating and by extension the money, but if you do fix a LARGE amount of bugs, then I think their ratings will soar, I mean think, every new map makes it better of corse but if you fixed the bugs I think it would take a lot of thoes lower ratings and brig them up, currently Ark is seven is the steam store I think. I think that lots of bugs being fixed would bring it up a lot any if Ark was third, well that would be a lot more money.

Where have you been the last 6 months when they have fixed soooo many things? I think it's a testament to the flaw in your argument - continuous fixes, especially if it's not the fixes you personally want the most, are passing by largely unnoticed and thus would not have an impact on the ratings.

3 hours ago, Zahlea said:

Where have you been the last 6 months when they have fixed soooo many things? I think it's a testament to the flaw in your argument - continuous fixes, especially if it's not the fixes you personally want the most, are passing by largely unnoticed and thus would not have an impact on the ratings.

They've been doing fixes alright, but almost none of them if none are coming to The Center.

3 hours ago, Zahlea said:

They have done some mesh fixing and stuff, yes, but what about other things...? And I meant like over half of the things fixed

16 hours ago, jamescoolcrafter15 said:

They've been doing fixes alright, but almost none of them if none are coming to The Center.

15 hours ago, Dinobros2000 said:

They have done some mesh fixing and stuff, yes, but what about other things...? And I meant like over half of the things fixed

Both of these are exactly my point! They have done a lot of fixes, but you don't care about those fixes. A perfect example of precisely what I said: Fixes won't improve the ratings and give Wildcard more money. (I'm so happy they do some of them anyway!!)

6 hours ago, Zahlea said:

Both of these are exactly my point! They have done a lot of fixes, but you don't care about those fixes. A perfect example of precisely what I said: Fixes won't improve the ratings and give Wildcard more money. (I'm so happy they do some of them anyway!!)

Currently, the buggy game is putting down their ratings! They have a whole team of people! It does not take 6 months to fix a couple of bugs.

6 hours ago, Zahlea said:

I think it would just to annouce they fixed bugs even if they didn’t... also I never said I don’t care about those recent fixes! Anti cheating is good and so is meshing! I’d like to see more fixes regarding that, player deletes, and stuff like that. I’d like to see all the bugs fixed!

1 hour ago, jamescoolcrafter15 said:

Currently, the buggy game is putting down their ratings! They have a whole team of people! It does not take 6 months to fix a couple of bugs.

Yes!

On 6/6/2020 at 1:34 PM, Zahlea said:

Beacons still float into the ground half the time if they land on anything other than ground, saber tooth salmon still cause water creatures to lose oxygen off there non existent stat, and baby Dino’s still fall into foundations half the time if they hatch outside of render distance, these are early access issues they continue to ignore, they only fix meshing and other PvP related issues because that is the group the whines the loudest.

On 6/7/2020 at 3:34 PM, RipRavage said:

Beacons still float into the ground half the time if they land on anything other than ground, saber tooth salmon still cause water creatures to lose oxygen off there non existent stat, and baby Dino’s still fall into foundations half the time if they hatch outside of render distance, these are early access issues they continue to ignore, they only fix meshing and other PvP related issues because that is the group the whines the loudest.

This is completely true.

• 3 weeks later...

Every non-story map except The Center has something going for it. While none of them are awesome or bug-free, all the others still have something.

Ragnarok: Amazing ruins, plus easter eggs, like Jat's face, Shrek's hut and outhouse, a torture chamber, and more. Also griffins, ice wyverns, SE creatures, and mini bosses.

Valguero: Huge lake/ocean with an underground section. Has Aberration-themed "green zone" and "red zone" areas, along with there creatures (which The Center really deserves, it had an underground world before Aberration existed). Also the deinochuys, which can be bred for extraordinary quality eggs, and acts as a "mini rock drake."

Crystal Isles: Not even a contest. Tropeos, crystal wyverns, floating islands, absolutely beautiful, plus more SE and Aberration creatures.

The Center needs a lot of work. Unfortunately, I doubt it will get any love. It won't bring money, and Wildcard would rather make a whole new map than give a TLC patch to an old one. The other free maps aren't perfect; there's this cliff on Rag which makes my character's legs and waist go into the ground, like I'm wading through a mesh lake.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

On 6/29/2020 at 4:42 AM, DodoRaptor said:

Every non-story map except The Center has something going for it. While none of them are awesome or bug-free, all the others still have something.

Ragnarok: Amazing ruins, plus easter eggs, like Jat's face, Shrek's hut and outhouse, a torture chamber, and more. Also griffins, ice wyverns, SE creatures, and mini bosses.

Valguero: Huge lake/ocean with an underground section. Has Aberration-themed "green zone" and "red zone" areas, along with there creatures (which The Center really deserves, it had an underground world before Aberration existed). Also the deinochuys, which can be bred for extraordinary quality eggs, and acts as a "mini rock drake."

Crystal Isles: Not even a contest. Tropeos, crystal wyverns, floating islands, absolutely beautiful, plus more SE and Aberration creatures.

The Center needs a lot of work. Unfortunately, I doubt it will get any love. It won't bring money, and Wildcard would rather make a whole new map than give a TLC patch to an old one. The other free maps aren't perfect; there's this cliff on Rag which makes my character's legs and waist go into the ground, like I'm wading through a mesh lake.

You are right, The Center definitely need more love, also its one of the first free maps of ark

• 2 months later...

It is by far the best free map and if WC find a way to get money from those maps it would be the first to get polished. I would suggest the change the concept with paid features that can be bought but the hardest part would be not to spoil the game for the rest. Things like structures that make it easier to feed the tames, or longer auto-decay intervals...basically quality of life features, not exclusive tames for sure.

• 2 months later...
On 6/5/2020 at 12:48 PM, GrumpyBear said:

I find the map likes to drop connection with me when moving around the map.  I would love at least some attention to optimize this map.  It doesn’t really need that much in additional content For me.

There is this one section that has a SERIOUS overspawning problem, and crashes when I get in render..

Archived