A Message from Studio Wildcard

StudioWildcard

I knew it, just like you always do Wildcard. EVERYTIME you make an announcement of some new hyped up content, you push it further when you have to release it. And everytime you make up an excuse that "this and that" in the real world are causing the content to be pushed. Just admit that you are not ready to release it yet. 

And seriously, ONE day before release? I took some days off work that i've been saving up, to do what I enjoy doing.. Playing ARK with my friends and having a good time, but it's too late to change my plans now because you come out with such a short notice. 

Let's make it clear: You announced Crystal Isles and the event during Covid-19, so that can't come to a surprise to you, that this is still an issue, even tho most countries are starting to open up again. 
- Then you are also using the excuse of "Black lives matters". If you haven't noticed, then everyone else outside of America, are not affected by this, they just laugh at how stupid Americans are. 
But you assume that your entire player base is from America or what? 

You want people to stay inside and not getting covid-19 + making violence? Perfect time to release new content. What's 7 days going to change? We know how slow you guys are at making any changes anyway....

You keep disappointing me Wilcard.... If you atleast came out honest and told us that the map wasn't ready and did it sooner than 1 day before release, then it would be totally cool. But this is just pissing on your player base... 

Edited by TraXz
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, norkalli said:

I stand in solidarity with black people. Ark players are primarily white and it's about time we experience some dissapointments, setbacks and letdowns so we can feel the pain experienced by African Americans. I support the event/new map being postponed until racial disparity is 100% solved in the US and abroad. Black Lives Matter

Sadly, it will be a long time until racial inequality is completely solved, which is a shame since we are the "Land of the free"

im gald to see people are finally saying how raptor WC has gotten and people are finally seeing it. the even sadder part is that theyve done this to us always. its always been like this. ALWAYS.

Remember during "pre-release" they told us if we bought the game the 1 time that we never had to pay for it again?

• Thanks 1

While i regard the reasoning behind this decision utterly rediculous since gaming has nothing to do with politics/racial discussions i guess we will have to live with this.

As a side note: The recent activities in the US have not happened overnight and the message could definately have been given earlier than 11 hours ago... Since what people are saying is true and the studio has not once released something on the day it was planned maybe hiring a planner or not providing a date at all untill content is completely ready would be better for the studio's image.

Could you please update Steam aswell since that still says 4th of June.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Imagine sitting here mad about a game while people are losing their lives and going crazy idc if your not in U.S ALL LIVES MATTER and ya killing each other proves that things are just gonna get worse big deal they pushed 5x back people saying it’s wrong are selfish and greedy make something of your life and stop worrying about a game! Y’all are mad over a game when really you should be mad about people losing their live I got sent the worst video of a soldier getting yelled at by a black mad we wouldn’t even be here if they didn’t fight for us!

INNOCENT PEOPLE DON'T RIOT?

YES THEY DO!

Tbh I don't really know  everything about what is going on in the US right now, but as someone who was a peaceful protester who was caught up in the 1990 Poll Tax riots in 1990 (yes, I am that old) I can share that innocent, peaceful people with good intentions can turn into rioters if they are pushed beyond their limits.

If people see great injustice they can do nothing but react, that is what good people do.

I am not talking about the injustice of the tax, I am talking about the police aggression and treatment of some people within the crowd. People defend other people, that is the right thing to do. 

In my humble white opinion of race relations and events throughout my lifetime I can pretty confidently say there must be a LOT of people around the world right now who are at their limit, I'm pretty close to that limit myself with every news story I hear, every stat I see spelling out the differences in life chances I can only imagine how frustrated and angry I would be if those stories directly affected my own family, my own children.

No-one should physically attack another person for any cause, those people ARE wrong! But look on the others involved in these valid, peaceful protests that turn into civil disturbances with as much understanding and kindness as you can and we're one step closer to beating this and ensuring future generations look at us in disbelief when we tell them of how things used to be.

Let me start with:

IACCase.thumb.jpg.da03d2e87e9f3e44d5aa4ca88b53c894.jpg

• As tragic as the USA is, it's been like this for many years, so many years I don't know why people even live in the USA who are not White. ( come to Canada ) As someone who does not live in the USA I watch in aw of the situations. Things like that would never happen where I live and there is plenty of mixed races. I do wish the updates did not need to be delayed due to the USA. ( there is racism in Canada just not like the USA, thank God. )
  • The way I see it as a foreigner;  I care as much about the riots and stuff happening in the USA, just as much as the people of the USA care about poverty and murder in third world countries. At least people in the USA have something to burn and steal. 
  • I pray for those being effected by this, mostly the poor store owners and the one black man I saw on the news who used all his life savings to open a Sport Bar that got looted, but the USA is a super power country. They need to get their stuff together and figure this out. 
  • Final note: I have been avoiding the craziness going on the USA with all my soul and effort. I do not live there and it's mind numbing to see these issues in a first world country. Now I have to see it in the games I use escape the world. 

16 minutes ago, Luizza said:

INNOCENT PEOPLE DON'T RIOT?

YES THEY DO!

Tbh I don't really know  everything about what is going on in the US right now, but as someone who was a peaceful protester who was caught up in the 1990 Poll Tax riots in 1990 (yes, I am that old) I can share that innocent, peaceful people with good intentions can turn into rioters if they are pushed beyond their limits.

If people see great injustice they can do nothing but react, that is what good people do.

I am not talking about the injustice of the tax, I am talking about the police aggression and treatment of some people within the crowd. People defend other people, that is the right thing to do. 

In my humble white opinion of race relations and events throughout my lifetime I can pretty confidently say there must be a LOT of people around the world right now who are at their limit, I'm pretty close to that limit myself with every news story I hear, every stat I see spelling out the differences in life chances I can only imagine how frustrated and angry I would be if those stories directly affected my own family, my own children.

No-one should physically attack another person for any cause, those people ARE wrong! But look on the others involved in these valid, peaceful protests that turn into civil disturbances with as much understanding and kindness as you can and we're one step closer to beating this and ensuring future generations look at us in disbelief when we tell them of how things used to be.

You were innocent, until you rioted, you know like you aren't a murderer until ya murder someone, but keep up the mental contortions.

12 hours ago, megaHammer said:

I am so disappointed by everyone. There are literally people being murdered. Abused. Sentenced to jail because we are trying to change our country for the betterment of a race. So what they're not prepared to handle an event and also the release of a new map. Yeah, i get it. they're not on time like always. But take a look around in the world. Please. Can you not put yourself into someone else's shoes and have a little bit of faith? I guarantee you a lot of people would be saying the complete opposite if these things were supposed to be released on time. "how dare they when innocent people are rioting and being beaten"
This is an American based game. Ced is fighting the long fight. We are all ready for change. Get your heads out of your butts for just enough time to see that they're trying to be considerate.
Everyone's lives matter right now. You guys should be angry, but this is not the time or place to be.

people are murdered and abused every day in other countries for decades nobody cares. and all of the sudden you want everybody to lay down work and stop living their lifes because the US is affected pretty serious by the corona virus? maybe your country will select a solid serious leader the next time and not this clown called trump and there will be no riots like this in future. i dont think politics should affect releases of video games content otherwise ggwp rip.

12 hours ago, megaHammer said:

I am so disappointed by everyone. There are literally people being murdered. Abused. Sentenced to jail because we are trying to change our country for the betterment of a race. So what they're not prepared to handle an event and also the release of a new map. Yeah, i get it. they're not on time like always. But take a look around in the world. Please. Can you not put yourself into someone else's shoes and have a little bit of faith? I guarantee you a lot of people would be saying the complete opposite if these things were supposed to be released on time. "how dare they when innocent people are rioting and being beaten"
This is an American based game. Ced is fighting the long fight. We are all ready for change. Get your heads out of your butts for just enough time to see that they're trying to be considerate.
Everyone's lives matter right now. You guys should be angry, but this is not the time or place to be.

Just now, Dezes1 said:

You were innocent, until you rioted, you know like you aren't a murderer until ya murder someone, but keep up the mental contortions.

I was there with my mother and we cowered in a local shop with many others for hours while we witnessed the riots, much of which was not reported by the cameras. The owner of that shop popped outside to see if it was safe for us to leave yet and was promptly taken away by the police.

And btw in my country the definition of a murderer is someone who kills with intent or deliberate lack of regard for human life, otherwise it is manslaughter... so to be a murderer yes you do know you're a murderer before the event, even if that is just seconds, it's that moment of choice that makes you a murderer. A looter is a looter, an arsonist is an arsonist but a rioter just has to be present.

1 minute ago, Luizza said:

I was there with my mother and we cowered in a local shop with many others for hours while we witnessed the riots, much of which was not reported by the cameras. The owner of that shop popped outside to see if it was safe for us to leave yet and was promptly taken away by the police.

And btw in my country the definition of a murderer is someone who kills with intent or deliberate lack of regard for human life, otherwise it is manslaughter... so to be a murderer yes you do know you're a murderer before the event, even if that is just seconds, it's that moment of choice that makes you a murderer. A looter is a looter, an arsonist is an arsonist but a rioter just has to be present.

You are talking premeditation, and if you participate in a riot, well...,but  keep jumping around, your gymnastics amuse me. 

• Facepalm 1

13 hours ago, megaHammer said:

Please sit down an be quiet. Gaming needs to be kept out of real world problems.simple as thst.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, megaHammer said:

I agree! For those who think that when saying black lives matter is racist...WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?  In this current situation, African Americans are being treated unfairly.  All this about WC not releasing this on time is very disappointing.  Sounds to me that you care more about a game then lives.  This is how you all sound (those complaining), if someone treated your family wrong for a while now or killed them and you share this tragedy with your friends or whoever it may be and all they say to you is, "oh well, let's go play a video game."  Doesnt that sound messed up?  You all (speaking to those just complaining), sound like brats! Just because its possibly not happening in your country doesn't mean that WC cant show respect to the families, friends, and so forth of those affected by this tragedy.  Come on! Think before you speak.

2 minutes ago, BornAgain said:

I agree! For those who think that when saying black lives matter is racist...WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?  In this current situation, African Americans are being treated unfairly.  All this about WC not releasing this on time is very disappointing.  Sounds to me that you care more about a game then lives.  This is how you all sound (those complaining), if someone treated your family wrong for a while now or killed them and you share this tragedy with your friends or whoever it may be and all they say to you is, "oh well, let's go play a video game."  Doesnt that sound messed up?  You all (speaking to those just complaining), sound like brats! Just because its possibly not happening in your country doesn't mean that WC cant show respect to the families, friends, and so forth of those affected by this tragedy.  Come on! Think before you speak.

Yeah it sounds like we care more about the game because we do retard