A Message from Studio Wildcard

StudioWildcard

To all those crying about the push back on the update, Here's a fact for you. Unless you play Prim+ as more than some of us do, what has this push back really cost you? Here's what it's costing the Prim+ community: We have 5 maps only, Ragnarok the most common played is currently unplayable due to extreme server lag, server crashing (as in up to twice in an hour) sporadically every single day. We are unable to place most key structures needed to even play the game. New people come on daily and we have to tell them it's a bad time to start, Evolved got an update so we're broken again and you can't play 75% of the game. Ice Wyverns do not spawn properly, no nests, no eggs. This is just a taste of how jacked up Prim+ is right now.  And this update was supposed to fix these problems for us. Do you even see Prim+ as a foot note in any of this? nope, The red headed step children of Ark just keep getting Ark'd.

To Wild Card: your killing your own game, not sure if you can comprehend this or not. You have an outstanding game, but failure to communicate, using a state of the union as the reason you can't deliver Anything, Not helping the community that keeps you employed,  is killing your game.

On another note, Black lives matter is the most racist statement, All lives matter! Period. keep this in mind: Nothing Changes, If Nothing Changes.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

I think it is sad that the state of things is being used as an excuse NOT to launch an update when in fact it is MORE of a reason to launch it. There are thousands of people all over the world who use video games to de-stress an unwind in a healthy stay at home manner. People who are becoming more anxious because of the saturation of sadness, anger and pain all over the television and internet. Thanks for not being part of the solution.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, megaHammer said:

I am so disappointed by everyone. There are literally people being murdered. Abused. Sentenced to jail because we are trying to change our country for the betterment of a race. So what they're not prepared to handle an event and also the release of a new map. Yeah, i get it. they're not on time like always. But take a look around in the world. Please. Can you not put yourself into someone else's shoes and have a little bit of faith? I guarantee you a lot of people would be saying the complete opposite if these things were supposed to be released on time. "how dare they when innocent people are rioting and being beaten"
This is an American based game. Ced is fighting the long fight. We are all ready for change. Get your heads out of your butts for just enough time to see that they're trying to be considerate.
Everyone's lives matter right now. You guys should be angry, but this is not the time or place to be.

Okay. Head is out of my ass. I'm considering. What I keep coming back to is "what is the relevance of postponing a game expansion release date due to riots that have nothing to do with the game? ". Would black people feel offended that a company was releasing a product on schedule while all of this is going on? Why does releasing or not releasing right now matter or not matter to the cause you're talking about? It doesn't, is what I'm left with. Not releasing doesn't help the cause, and releasing doesn't counteract the cause, so what we're left with then is that this PSA doesn't seem sincere. We should accept insincerity in dire times, is that what you're saying? People should be let off the hook a little easier when they lie or serve half-truths because black lives matter? It's nonsense. Black people can fight for their rights, and all the while, Ark players can play the new map, and it wouldn't make a differencd. There are no riots in my country. This isn't any more on my radar than all the other on-going catastrophes in the world. Soon as this blows over, there's a million other things to postpone the release over.

• Like 3

I call bull crap!  As usual wildcard wasn't ready and is using this as an excuse to postpone the date.  And even if that isn't the case; harsh reality folks, some where in the world at all times terrible things are happening.  We can not stop life to mourn for them.  We can mourn but have to move on at the same time.  If we don't move on and keep living then the evil has won.  Next week the cops will still have murdered an innocent man, and likely will have murdered another one whether we've heard about it or not.  The CCP will still be a bunch of evil ass hats and the world will still be to cowardly to really do anything about it.  Covid 19 will still be killing people, I'll still be at home while other retards are running around pretending like it's not real.  Stupid me, I thought I was going to able to enjoy the new update before the college summer session starts but wildcard studios, 4 dumb-ass bad cops, a virus and some Commie bastards get the last laugh.  I've been paying for a server I haven't been using for several months while waiting for this map to be released.  I wasn't impressed with the genesis map but I was excited about crystal isles.  I canceled my server, and uninstalled ark.  GL folks.

Edited by Jabberwookie
update

Wildcard, just look at the ratio of positive vs negative comments in response to the delay. This was not a good move, if anything you should have released it now and extended it longer than it was originally going to be, to allow players who are otherwise occupied currently to get in on the event a little later but not miss it completely. Really disappointed about this delay myself, but that aside, I can see from the comments that the majority of your players agree. This delay was not a good idea and now you've pissed alot of people off too. 

19 hours ago, norkalli said:

I stand in solidarity with black people. Ark players are primarily white and it's about time we experience some dissapointments, setbacks and letdowns so we can feel the pain experienced by African Americans. I support the event/new map being postponed until racial disparity is 100% solved in the US and abroad. Black Lives Matter

Wow look at this person equating one group with not knowing disappointment set backs let downs and pain because the shade of their skin. He / she must know every persons story in that racial group  else that’s a pretty ignorant and racist thing to type.

Imagine being this self-entitled. I wonder if any of you understand the stress of working from home and what it entails when it's something forced on instead of a voluntary thing?

There's expressing disappointment at something being delayed (which is understandable), and then there's saying disgusting nonsense like "this is just excuse!!!!" or "all lives matter!!!".

If a company chooses to put forth the actions of real life first, they can. Deal with it.

• Like 1

Its not going to matter anyway, every PS4 server I play, the ping goes to 255 for prolonged periods of time and the  game is basically unplayable at this point. Why would anyone get excited for a new release when the studio wont even take the time to fix their current server strength and connectivity issues. Oh, cause it cost money. I forgot.

Edited by XxSyndromexX

They get their panties in a wad because a single black man just happened to be killed by a white cop, but nobody says a single word when a white man is killed by a black cop. Making the protests about race. This is NOT a race issue, this is a POLICE BRUTALITY issue. More whites are killed by cops than blacks. And just to point it out, more blacks are killed by black cops than by white cops (study done by Michigan State University). If you pay taxes then listen up, because in 2017 alone, the Chicago Police Dept. paid over $113 million in police misconduct settlements, and NYC has paid over $430 million in police misconduct settlements over the last 10 years. The media is steering everyone to believe this is a race issue when it isnt. Floyd should NOT have been killed, but he wasn't killed because he was black, he was killed because the cop who had his knee on his neck was a horrible officer who had a lot of prior issues to this and was allowed to slip through the cracks. #WakeUp

• Like 1

So if i understand it WC developers don't have time to develop in safe office as they are all out on stret killing people, robing shops and destroying cars - all that in hope to change the world or at least to get corona covid 19 or ebola or measles.

And they are asking us to be solidary and to leave our safe homes and go on stret and join them  on killing people and getting sick by viruses.

In the name of changing world  they do not release new content to force us on stret. 

LOL?.....

LOL!

Edited by Noa

21 hours ago, norkalli said:

I stand in solidarity with black people. Ark players are primarily white and it's about time we experience some dissapointments, setbacks and letdowns so we can feel the pain experienced by African Americans. I support the event/new map being postponed until racial disparity is 100% solved in the US and abroad. Black Lives Matter

Im not white foo