A Message from Studio Wildcard

StudioWildcard

1 hour ago, Castlerock said:
1 hour ago, Noa said:
You mean that with Crystal Isles we don't get bug fixes, and other improvements on Ark code?
Like patch notes promise jet another onetime minwipe so i supposed  that problems with traveling between servers and loosing avatars will be solved?

No, all i am saying is just that CI is a free product, no one is paying for it.

How do you know  that people are waiting only for CI and nor for "they paid for the base island map and whatever paid dlc they owned" and improvements and fixes for that? 

How do you know  that people are waiting only for CI and nor for "they paid for the base island map and whatever paid dlc they owned" and improvements and fixes for that? 

All i said was CI is free, i never mentioned anything about ppl waiting for improvements and fixes, those come separately when they are ready.

6 hours ago, HeManCan said:

Following this logic, a few potential causes for this....

1. Are you postponing sale of a product, thereby affecting commerce because of the protests and/or riots? Indeed, several people of all colors have now died. Should other industries also close down their commerce to bring this situation to light? I am guessing "essential" industries like food are not included, but perhaps all ad-revenue based media should take a pause to shake us from our stupor?

2. Are you postponing a product that a sizeable portion of your playerbase has already paid for? Given the track record of delays... I sincerely hope your product and "celebration" is ready for launch. Otherwise it would be disingenuous and not a little crummy to use current events as a scapegoat.

3. We're a growing population whose world view is built on a foundation of sand and given that reality, this is an earnest gesture.

Thank you for the heads up.

Small note...Crystal Isles content is a free update, not a paid for DLC and as was shown by some youtube content creators who briefly got access to it through some Windows update related ''glitch'', the event was all ready to go. 

3 hours ago, BoxBoxBox said:

George Floyd was a thug who pointed a gun at the belly of a pregnant woman while his friends robbed her house, and who went to prison multiple times for cocaine possession.  Your guys' stupid little game has zero impact on this situation, but I still hope you're proud for the support you've shown.

I'm not sure where you get this info, but his background is irrelevant at the time of his killing and unknown to his killer. He was not taking any action at that moment warranting someone chocking him to death. Police are not meant to be brutal enforcers,vigilantly killers, judge, jury and executioners. But of course, sadly, there are still short sighted people who like that notion cause they can never imagine they'll ever be on the receiving end of it....until they are and then it's too late. 

• Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, Castlerock said:
2 hours ago, Noa said:

All i said was CI is free, i never mentioned anything about ppl waiting for improvements and fixes, those come separately when they are ready.

4 hours ago, Castlerock said:
4 hours ago, Noa said:
You mean that with Crystal Isles we don't get bug fixes, and other improvements on Ark code?
Like patch notes promise jet another onetime minwipe so i supposed  that problems with traveling between servers and loosing avatars will be solved?

No, all i am saying is just that CI is a free product, no one is paying for it.

6 hours ago, HeManCan said:

2. Are you postponing a product that a sizeable portion of your playerbase has already paid for? Given the track record of delays... I sincerely hope your product and "celebration" is ready for launch. Otherwise it would be disingenuous and not a little crummy to use current events as a scapegoat.

4 hours ago, Castlerock said:

The playerbase couldnt have paid for Crystal Isles, it is free like the center, rag and val, they paid for the base island map and whatever paid dlc they owned.

So do you feel that player  base don't  know that CI is free or that "celebration" is also free at a point to be necessary to quote HeManCan who did not even mentioned  CI in that quote and you specify that CI is free?

You could mention more free things, maybe people don't know, for example lactose-free milk.

I'm sure you could find more off topic things to mention with quoting HeManCan post.

Btw to run CI you need  paid ARK game  at least The isle.

CI is not stand alone game.

Edited by Noa

Btw to run CI you need  paid ARK game  at least The isle.
CI is not stand alone game.

Now u are just mentioning stuff not relevant to my original post. And it still doesnt mean CI needs to be paid for in order to play, standalone or not.

The playerbase couldnt have paid for Crystal Isles, it is free like the center, rag and val, they paid for the base island map and whatever paid dlc they owned.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BoxBoxBox said:

George Floyd was a thug who pointed a gun at the belly of a pregnant woman while his friends robbed her house, and who went to prison multiple times for cocaine possession.  Your guys' stupid little game has zero impact on this situation, but I still hope you're proud for the support you've shown.

[citation needed]

• Like 1

1 hour ago, basilmemories said:

[citation needed]

https://greatgameindia.com/george-floyd-criminal/

He also dropped drugs while being arrested and repeatedly resisted arrest while being erratic and obviously on drugs (confirmed by autopsy.)  Yes they would have known who he was by just running the plates on the car, though I doubt a guy like him wouldn't have been recognizable, known, and dreaded right away.  He was a repeat offender with multiple stays in prison on drug charges and a heinous robbery in his past.  There's a reason his family is always dry eyed on camera and it's probably the same reason no one could muster $20 for him to buy some smokes so he had to try to pass a fake $20 and get arrested.

Wildcard chooses to make us part of this narrative without all the facts, so here you are.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GP said:

The Isle is a completely unrelated dinosaur game.

Oh, i didn't know that.

And this is forum for Ark Survival evolved and one map is The Island or I'm  in wrong forum or you want me to believe that you couldn't know what i did mean even if i didn't posted full name of Wild Card product?

So we do not deserve any improvements, bug fixes, new content as Ark  product is completely unrelated dinosaur game?

Unrelated to what? To unreal engine, unrelated to Crystal Isles or something else?

Can you name related dino games with which you can run CI?

I think your selfie look like someone i have seen in past.

giphy.gif

Edited by Noa

15 hours ago, Vandalism said:

How do u assume most of the ark pop is white? Now that’s something I’m against, just play the raptoring game, doesn’t matter who u r, what u look like, where ur from, what u identify as, just play and don’t be toxic, how u supposed to mend this war with toxicity, that goes against the peace, instead of raiding people u think are a color that u don’t favor, alliance with them, bond, and escape the harsh reality of the country like video games are meant to do!

Btw, I actually just hit the dice for skin, eye and hair color cus I don’t care about those, then just build my character how I want, unless I want to be extremely sneaky or obvious...

12 hours ago, HeManCan said:

Following this logic, a few potential causes for this....

1. Are you postponing sale of a product, thereby affecting commerce because of the protests and/or riots? Indeed, several people of all colors have now died. Should other industries also close down their commerce to bring this situation to light? I am guessing "essential" industries like food are not included, but perhaps all ad-revenue based media should take a pause to shake us from our stupor?

3. We're a growing population whose world view is built on a foundation of sand and given that reality, this is an earnest gesture.

Thank you for the heads up.

Actually they are putting a sale on said product
no one has paid for it and also it is not a scapegoat and we know because they forgot to tell the Pc Microsoft crossplay version not to roll out the update. So now some people have CI and Anniversary.

this REALLY doesn’t matter but sand is actually a good foundation for things like pavers so you can level it.

11 hours ago, Dylanmckennedy12071941 said:

No, it is COVID-19! (Aka Corona!)

Ummmm no it’s the Black Lives Matter movement...

10 hours ago, DeHammer said:

I won't pretend to know. I just know what is seems like to some folks. 

it is not a scapegoat and we know because they forgot to tell the Pc Microsoft crossplay version not to roll out the update. So now some people have CI and Anniversary

6 hours ago, KingOfAshes said:

Small note...Crystal Isles content is a free update, not a paid for DLC and as was shown by some youtube content creators who briefly got access to it through some Windows update related ''glitch'', the event was all ready to go. 

Yep!

3 hours ago, GP said:

The Isle is a completely unrelated dinosaur game.

I THINK he means the Island but is just lazy.

9 minutes ago, Noa said:

Oh, i didn't know that.

And this is forum for Ark Survival evolved and one map is The Island or I'm  in wrong forum or you want me to believe that you couldn't know what i did mean even  i didn't posted full name of Wild Card product?

So we do not deserve any improvements, bug fixes, new content as Ark  product is completely unrelated dinosaur game?

Unrelated to what? To unreal engine, unrelated to Crystal Isles or something else?

I think your selfie look like someone i have seen in past.

Ok

This is the forum for ark, there are diffrent pages for each map and yes island is one

He didn’t mean any of that there is a diffrent game called “The Isles” and ark dose deserve improvement 

Unrelated to ark and the topic at hand

Ark: Survival Evolved(no other ones)

cool! That’s not to me but still  cool!

Edited by Dinobros2000

• Volunteer Moderator
19 minutes ago, Noa said:

Oh, i didn't know that.

And this is forum for Ark Survival evolved and one map is The Island or I'm  in wrong forum or you want me to believe that you couldn't know what i did mean even if i didn't posted full name of Wild Card product?

Do you not understand the meaning of the gif I posted? Or do you need a humour transplant?

Now you are looking foolish? At what point did anyone say players don't deserve that?

It's sad times when you have to explain jokes.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/376210/The_Isle/

30 minutes ago, GP said:

Do you not understand the meaning of the gif I posted? Or do you need a humour transplant?

Now you are looking foolish? At what point did anyone say players don't deserve that?

It's sad times when you have to explain jokes.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/376210/The_Isle/

Sorry i really didn't know for existence of that game.

I play only Ark for a long time.

Well to tell the truth i did preordered and paid one game and now I'm sorry for burned money because i was manipulated by you tube videos

There are a lot vids and talk about avatar creation for that game even with possibility for latter in game changes with changes of face, body parts even changes on reproductive organs... Things that mislead me that is talk of MMO where body look and clothes are important part of social interactions

But is just a single player game coming out in september. 

My bad i should know that you tube vids are all fake from Ark experience already. For example you can see video of picking up dire wolf with Argentavis to tame it.

Even those who read Wiki can fall on trick as also wiki explain in entire page bird behavior and bird abilities  but just on the end hidden in patch notes or other small print it say that all specified is not true and that only few things are valid on PVP. On PVE none with apparently no reasons.

For your gif, yes i need humor implant.

For me that gift  look like - hey now will be show, lets sit back and laugh on things happening on show..

Edited by Noa

1 hour ago, Dinobros2000 said:

Btw, I actually just hit the dice for skin, eye and hair color cus I don’t care about those, then just build my character how I want, unless I want to be extremely sneaky or obvious...

Actually they are putting a sale on said product
no one has paid for it and also it is not a scapegoat and we know because they forgot to tell the Pc Microsoft crossplay version not to roll out the update. So now some people have CI and Anniversary.

this REALLY doesn’t matter but sand is actually a good foundation for things like pavers so you can level it.

Ummmm no it’s the Black Lives Matter movement...

it is not a scapegoat and we know because they forgot to tell the Pc Microsoft crossplay version not to roll out the update. So now some people have CI and Anniversary

Yep!

I THINK he means the Island but is just lazy.

No it ain't!

True that all lives do and by singling out every race by saying only 1 does matter is totally racist. This should be a movement of injustice not race. About police brutality not a color but you do you. As for the release of the update do we really want another buggy Dino or map.  All lives matter.

Edited by kidd420

Black males commit 50% of violent crime despite being 6.5% of the population of the United States.  Police Officers are 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black person than a black person is to be killed by a police officer.  It's all part of a cultural identity that promotes illegal, violent activity and it's more than half the problem and needs to be addressed just as much as police brutality does.  By the way, BLUE lives matter.

Edited by BoxBoxBox
  • Like 1