A Message from Studio Wildcard

StudioWildcard

I need help, somehow I think I have got an update which is 799.11, but whit-in all my friends it seems like im the only one to have gotten it, btw I’m on ark Microsoft store and they are on Xbox, idk if that’s a factor. And whenever we try to play together there’s always a buildid error, thanks if anyone can help me with that.

16 minutes ago, Bluster said:

I need help, somehow I think I have got an update which is 799.11, but whit-in all my friends it seems like im the only one to have gotten it, btw I’m on ark Microsoft store and they are on Xbox, idk if that’s a factor. And whenever we try to play together there’s always a buildid error, thanks if anyone can help me with that.

On twitter Dollie one of the managers said that the menu update accidentally went out on the windows 10 versions and basically broke the windows 10 versions if you updated, if you uninstall and reinstall the game it should work, otherwise have to wait a day or so for the fix to undo the updates goes through.... so if you have decent internet connection i would just uninstall and reinstall the entire game

On 6/5/2020 at 6:03 PM, Indozilla said:

me being at the heart of where all this chaos is happening i think wild card choice correctly to wait. it is a little stressing right now and maybe a good idea to wait for the storm to calm down a little. I do... wish wild card did give details of console release however...

Yes good choice, and I don’t believe they know when it will have its console release cus console has different road blocks and stuff

23 hours ago, AmericanVampire said:

Thanks for the update!  It is what it is.  We have all waited this long so what is another week?  Being respectful and understanding is much more important than being impatient.

Thank you! It’s one week, it’s not like they are removing anything, you still have the game and can play

11 hours ago, GP said:

Then you think wrong, because there have been plenty of updates released on the original day given, it's just people overlook the positives and only focus on the negatives.... probably because the negatives unfortunately outweigh the positives.

I think there is a phycological term for this...  

5 hours ago, PantACRO4life said:

not a surprise ....

What do you mean by this...

3 hours ago, Bluster said:

Yep, you did get it they forgot to stop the update from rolling out and now they are trying to pull it back, be patient 

14 minutes ago, Shortiecake said:

Uhh. Maybe you could fix the primitive bugs? My mates n I can’t place ANY prim  item?  Always bringing out new stuff but keeping old issues ? please fix! Also the options button for Xbox, you can’t access without being kicked out the game. Fiiix! 

Sorry from what I know probably not, WC please correct me!

Everyone saying that this is a BS excuse... please try to exercise a modicum of empathy. Heck, even sympathy would be a breath of fresh air. I understand the frustration with yet another delay, but that's no reason to belittle the reason that Wildcard says they're holding off. Whether they're telling the truth or not, other game companies are doing the same thing, and the situation really does call for it. On top of that, COVID is still a thing. I would not be surprised if many WC employees/developers are working from home right now.

Does that excuse them not planning ahead better? Maybe (depends how patient you are). Does it mean we should ignore the fact that many other countries around the world have joined the U.S. in protesting what's happened (for those claiming that the rest of the world's release date should have nothing to do with the problems in the U.S.)? No, absolutely not.

There's a lot of ARK already: The Isle, Scorched Earth, Aberration, Extinction, Ragnarok, The Center, Valguero, plus any other content available to those not restricted to console. Transfer some dinos out of your favorite map and start fresh or something. There are a lot of ways to exercise patience.

• Like 1

How can  you assume that most ark players are white? I am an african american SERVER OWNER been playing since beta. The fact that you think this is an excuse only further shows the DEPTH of this problem. You retards are comparing a game which is not cancelled but postponed to human life. That is some small minded and selfish poop. I tried to let it roll off my back but you guys here...you guys here are a real disappointment! I can't wait until it's your brother, sister, mother or father getting choked out or killed and it be acceptable. So all you that are outraged because a company showed compasion over profit go raptor yourselves or better yet come say that in my neighborhood you insensitive pricks. Oh and I probably have more degrees then you before you speak on intellegence, and most likely a better job. YOU are the reason!!!!!!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Magumatashi said:

On twitter Dollie one of the managers said that the menu update accidentally went out on the windows 10 versions and basically broke the windows 10 versions if you updated, if you uninstall and reinstall the game it should work, otherwise have to wait a day or so for the fix to undo the updates goes through.... so if you have decent internet connection i would just uninstall and reinstall the entire game

Well, thank you very much for the information I appreciate it a lot.?

6 hours ago, Magumatashi said:

Also, is there anyway I can uninstall ark from windows store cause it doesn’t seems to uninstall completely it takes like 5 seconds to reinstall, and from what I know I don’t have a Nasa connection so yeah any tips?

On 6/4/2020 at 11:17 AM, megaHammer said:

I am so disappointed by everyone. There are literally people being murdered. Abused. Sentenced to jail because we are trying to change our country for the betterment of a race. So what they're not prepared to handle an event and also the release of a new map. Yeah, i get it. they're not on time like always. But take a look around in the world. Please. Can you not put yourself into someone else's shoes and have a little bit of faith? I guarantee you a lot of people would be saying the complete opposite if these things were supposed to be released on time. "how dare they when innocent people are rioting and being beaten"
This is an American based game. Ced is fighting the long fight. We are all ready for change. Get your heads out of your butts for just enough time to see that they're trying to be considerate.
Everyone's lives matter right now. You guys should be angry, but this is not the time or place to be.

I agree i am dissapointed in these people getting mad because WC is not releasing a Update/DLC on time due to stuff happening in Real life such as Riots and COVID-19 COME ON GUYS AND GIRLS!!! show some ACTUAL RESPECT!!! WC Is concerned about Real life stuff more then the game and there's always a saying Life comes first Video games last #AllLivesMatter African Americans are still human yeah they may have different body color but there blood is the same color as us also how do you know if one of your ancestors aren't African American? think before you ACT!!! Wildcard i appreciate what you guys are doing keep it up and i hope you are safe and well same goes with Ced ?.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Prophet1993 said:
WHEN WILL YOU raptorING FIX THE MANTICORE FROM NOT LANDING ON VALGUERO ???
I'M raptorING SICK OF LOSING ARMY AND STUFF DUE TO YOUR LACK OF BEING ABLE TO FIX ANYTHING
YOUR GAME IS raptorING DYING BECAUSE YOU AREN'T LISTENING TO YOUR PLAYER BASE

Maybe try a different tactic? Stop throwing armies of the Dino's at it and attempt it a different way? I've never had an issue with this boss. I adapt my play style. Simple.

Edited by SnowboundGem

On 6/3/2020 at 9:10 PM, norkalli said:

I stand in solidarity with black people. Ark players are primarily white and it's about time we experience some dissapointments, setbacks and letdowns so we can feel the pain experienced by African Americans. I support the event/new map being postponed until racial disparity is 100% solved in the US and abroad. Black Lives Matter

How do u assume most of the ark pop is white? Now that’s something I’m against, just play the raptoring game, doesn’t matter who u r, what u look like, where ur from, what u identify as, just play and don’t be toxic, how u supposed to mend this war with toxicity, that goes against the peace, instead of raiding people u think are a color that u don’t favor, alliance with them, bond, and escape the harsh reality of the country like video games are meant to do!

• Like 1

On 6/3/2020 at 6:11 PM, vvHash said:

Typical Americans. Not everyone lives in the U.S. But yeah, let's make the world wait and watch while we deal with our problems. 

I know that this issue is mainly in America but there are riots in lots of other places besides America I realize how frustrating this must be for some people but to say that all of America is doing it is a bit extreme

I have had 1 day off in the last three MONTHS. I have 2 days off in a row this week. Those miracle days off were lucky af to be during initial event start date.  Now it's pushed back and I'll be working the whole thing. Unbelievable. (Except not really unbelievable, it's ARK)

Edited by kennyk5150

Following this logic, a few potential causes for this....

1. Are you postponing sale of a product, thereby affecting commerce because of the protests and/or riots? Indeed, several people of all colors have now died. Should other industries also close down their commerce to bring this situation to light? I am guessing "essential" industries like food are not included, but perhaps all ad-revenue based media should take a pause to shake us from our stupor?

2. Are you postponing a product that a sizeable portion of your playerbase has already paid for? Given the track record of delays... I sincerely hope your product and "celebration" is ready for launch. Otherwise it would be disingenuous and not a little crummy to use current events as a scapegoat.

3. We're a growing population whose world view is built on a foundation of sand and given that reality, this is an earnest gesture.

Thank you for the heads up.

Just now, Castlerock said:

The playerbase couldnt have paid for Crystal Isles, it is free like the center, rag and val, they paid for the base island map and whatever paid dlc they owned.

You mean that with Crystal Isles we don't get bug fixes, and other improvements on Ark code?

Like patch notes promise jet another onetime minwipe so i supposed  that problems with traveling between servers and loosing avatars will be solved?

You mean that with Crystal Isles we don't get bug fixes, and other improvements on Ark code?
Like patch notes promise jet another onetime minwipe so i supposed  that problems with traveling between servers and loosing avatars will be solved?
No, all i am saying is just that CI is a free product, no one is paying for it.