A Message from Studio Wildcard

StudioWildcard

16 minutes ago, shialabuff said:

Maybe there could have been unique dino colors offered during this time like they do for other events. I think a black and white monochrome color theme would have been pretty popular for breeding. If this happened it probably would be a completely different discussion we're having now

Racial equality event? MLK week? Also saying dinos only come in white and black still seems racist if you look the wrong way, maybe all the colors? And each time around new colors and dyes are introduced? Good idea to build off of!

plus in the “off season” of events, maybe this could help, and helps with people complaining about not enough colors, and not all the colors showing up in the wild, and much more. 

Edited by Dinobros2000

On 6/4/2020 at 1:08 AM, KaijuBird said:

There's literally no reason for you guys to do this, I'm sorry but unless there was some hidden racist imagery in the update that this movement has now suddenly made you aware of to force you to remove it there is zero reason to postpone this.

This is a purely American issue and you're trying to make it global when it's not. All this is doing is raising tensions elsewhere - YOU ARE MAKING THE ISSUE WORSE.

you...you do realize racism is a global issue, right? You do realize that the U.S. is not the singularly racist country in the whole entire world when places like Russia and Germany also display racism too, right? The issues in the U.S. that people are protesting - racism and the militaristic presence of police brutality, for that matter - easily apply to other places, right?

The delay of the update is to show solidarity with a movement that is impacting the entire world right now (seriously, there have been protests in places like France, the U.K., etc. Not just the U.S.). The devs aren't even making the issue worse by delaying their game. Only a small % of the world even plays ARK. If an update is delayed, unless your entire life revolves around Ark, it's not going to create tensions anywhere lmao. People can relax in other ways. They can, idk, go play Animal Crossing or go outdoors and bike and stuff.

So, if by "zero reason to postpone this" and "raising tensions elsewhere" you mean "I don't care about the events in the U.S. because they don't impact me directly despite racism being a problem everywhere" and "I think the entire world revolves around Ark and delaying an update to a FREE DLC and an EVENT UPDATE should make all Ark fans upset" (spoiler warning: it won't if me and other people in this forum are any evidence of it) then yeah I guess the delay of this update is completely warranted

Edited by Lunarwing

8 minutes ago, Dinobros2000 said:

Racial equality event? MLK week? Also saying dinos only come in white and black still seems racist if you look the wrong way, maybe all the colors? And each time around new colors and dyes are introduced? Good idea to build off of!

plus in the “off season” of events, maybe this could help, and helps with people complaining about not enough colors, and not all the colors showing up in the wild, and much more. 

Yeah! A racial equality event is exactly what I was thinking. I can see your point on the monochromatic theme getting misinterpreted lol. I'm all for idea crafting on this.

I just don't like how divided the community is on this, and also don't think halting updates is constructive either. Hopefully, this can spark some creative passion for Wildcard and the community.

14 hours ago, Muucow said:

This is not a life or death situation so waiting a week or two or four for the anniversary event and or the CI map to be released is not going to kill you so check your entitlements at the door.

You miss the point. Everyone was expecting a delay. The issue isn't really that there is a delay.... for some it's that it seems "what's going on in the world" was used as an excuse for the delay. For others, "what's going on in the world" isn't a valid reason for the delay.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Your 'entitlement' to chastise others for having a different opinion than you is what should be checked at the door. 

Edited by DeHammer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, DeHammer said:

You miss the point. Everyone was expecting a delay. The issue isn't really that there is a delay.... for some it's that it seems "what's going on in the world" was used as an excuse for the delay. For others, "what's going on in the world" isn't a valid reason for the delay.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Your 'entitlement' to chastise others for having a different opinion than you is what should be checked at the door. 

it was postponed, PC had the update pushed into downloads go check the tweets. so it was "ready" to go live. everyone whinging about the postponement is just throwing entitled tantrums. WC made a decision to do something with their game we as a player base just need to sit back and ride it out.

29 minutes ago, shialabuff said:

Yeah! A racial equality event is exactly what I was thinking. I can see your point on the monochromatic theme getting misinterpreted lol. I'm all for idea crafting on this.

I just don't like how divided the community is on this, and also don't think halting updates is constructive either. Hopefully, this can spark some creative passion for Wildcard and the community.

Yes!

42 minutes ago, Lunarwing said:

you...you do realize racism is a global issue, right? You do realize that the U.S. is not the singularly racist country in the whole entire world when places like Russia and Germany also display racism too, right? The issues in the U.S. that people are protesting - racism and the militaristic presence of police brutality, for that matter - easily apply to other places, right?

The delay of the update is to show solidarity with a movement that is impacting the entire world right now (seriously, there have been protests in places like France, the U.K., etc. Not just the U.S.). The devs aren't even making the issue worse by delaying their game. Only a small % of the world even plays ARK. If an update is delayed, unless your entire life revolves around Ark, it's not going to create tensions anywhere lmao. People can relax in other ways. They can, idk, go play Animal Crossing or go outdoors and bike and stuff.

So, if by "zero reason to postpone this" and "raising tensions elsewhere" you mean "I don't care about the events in the U.S. because they don't impact me directly despite racism being a problem everywhere" and "I think the entire world revolves around Ark and delaying an update to a FREE DLC and an EVENT UPDATE should make all Ark fans upset" (spoiler warning: it won't if me and other people in this forum are any evidence of it) then yeah I guess the delay of this update is completely warranted

Yes

25 minutes ago, DeHammer said:

But in this case it isn’t being used for an excuse .

2 minutes ago, RogerRabbit said:

Just to share. I host my server off a PC and play off of my xbox. So for those that can still play... Cool, because I can't. A mess up is a mess up. I'm hopeful Wildcard will find a solution.

Adorable artwork though.

ARK 5th year.jpg

Awesome WC looks amazing! Also how long is the event gonna last?

3 minutes ago, Dinobros2000 said:

No idea. To be honest the 799.11 version runs way faster and smoother on my PC compared to 798.17 which is on my xbox. I've noticed faster load times so far but sadly that I can't load into the map to say more because it wont run on two different versions.

I guess since v799.11 has been accidentally released, Happy Anniversary ARK! Congratulations Wildcard Studios on a successful game.

I look news on TV every day and when it come  on news from foreign countries it show also  situation in  America with short vids.

On those vids i cant see any protest going on.

I see instead a bunch of lawlessness where people on street have mask but not because of virus protection but to not get recognized and for sure they don't keep 1.5 m distance between each other (what was asked in many countries to help figah virus). They throw rocks and other items on police, they throw rocks on shops, banks, bars , on everything that can be damaged.

They break cars and put them on fire.

They rob shops, stealing all they can take..

Nothing to do with skin color.

On last video they have brutally beaten two old man and woman neighbors of shop they robbed because they loudly called help and police.

All this definitely don't have nothing to do with supposed protests 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dinobros2000 said:

Now I'm afraid. I run to see patch notes and what i have read scared me.

Current Version: v310.117 - 06/05/2020

- Fixed an incorrect kill volume on Aberration
- Fixed some incorrect meshes on Aberration

v310.80 - 06/04/2020

• Initiated a one time Mindwipe COOLDOWN reset on Official Servers
  • Corrupted Dinos can no longer be teleported
  • Reduced scaling factor of sheep harvesting health to reduce stalls
  • Set ORP activation timer to 10 seconds on Official PVE servers

It didn't happened at least on my avatar but that can come next week.

"Initiated a one time Mindwipe COOLDOWN reset on Official Servers"

We got one time mindwiped few months a go.

So will need again to risk a lot to get engrams from other maps.

Scary as servers are from stone age. WC don't know what is synchronization.

At least it was never in sync in all those cases of lost avatars, lost dinos and items.

And they don't know to save uploaded avatar or that part of code newer existed.

52 minutes ago, RogerRabbit said:

No idea. To be honest the 799.11 version runs way faster and smoother on my PC compared to 798.17 which is on my xbox. I've noticed faster load times so far but sadly that I can't load into the map to say more because it wont run on two different versions.

I guess since v799.11 has been accidentally released, Happy Anniversary ARK! Congratulations Wildcard Studios on a successful game.

Awesome I’d love to see ark run faster! I’m actually getting a new computer soon, but currently I have 15 minuet load times.

I need the tropeo on rag (I want the spawn command [not the "SpawnDino" one, the "summon" one cause the "SpawnDino" one is too long!] so I can spawn it in on rag!) and an ascendant turret saddle!

Meanwhile, "Corona Time!" says Covid 19...

Edited by Dylanmckennedy12071941
  • Facepalm 1

Offcourse i was looking forward to the update but i understand why it is postponed.

No matter what WC did, people would be pissed so i think you did the right thing.

Postponed: people think that its an excuse or something else they can be pissed about.

not postponed: People will get pissed that you dont show support.

Love you guys at WC and keep up the good work.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Dimie said:

I mean we can look at what is going on in the world the US has protest about racism, Norway has had a village go into the sea for a landslide Nigira has women disappeering and send into slavery, Hong Kong is still working against China the UK wants to help Hong Kong people but China hates it China is happy that the US is to busy inside to seen the stuff they are doing, there is still a pendemic doing on named Corona Virus there are alot of things going on in the world and not all is about one guy getting killed by cops that now is going to jail. 

I will poop happens and the world is not the US, I mean getting to see all the things that is going on in the world one would have to stop every single update and delay DLC for ever as every day people get killed black and white many that did nothing wrong, their are alot more problems in the US other then just Black lives as you do not just stop Racism in one day, it takes changes lets start with school system in teh US it is compleetly raptored it is set up that lower income familys are set to fail, many set to fail will go into criminal gangs and so on, make sure that schools get payment for the amount of students and not on what place it is set in as poor areas will not have the problem of low income and there for unable to give a good education, oh and how about restricting the guns I mean making the Police paranoid for everyone can just have a gun is not realy helping too, as I said there are far more important things to focus on in the US other then there are racist in the police, the whole system could do we rework and last I checked Burnie was willing to make those changes but people clearly did not want him so...

yeah black lives matter is a good cause there will be people abusing it and cause riots I mean that will happen with most protest there are always bad apples but I do not think one should use a movement like this to stop people from working or delaying especaily when using it last minute, if wild card stated it when the protests started I think it would have been a very different responce then last minute and people are not angry for it is black lives matter it just comes across as it being used as an exuse rather then making a true statement there is also no we will donate money to these causes to help the protests, it is not realy helping any one only annoing people more and that is counter preductive to the movement most games I see just have black live matters messages I have seen other games putting up updates even with the protests so there is no realy reason not to do it.

I understand your point and frustration, I am mad too but what i am saying is that what's going on is bigger than the game and stuff needs to change.

On 6/4/2020 at 2:12 AM, FAFA said:

Let me translate it for everybody:

Fortunately, the current situation in the US serves as the perfect excuse to postpone this update.

I cannot remember a single early access update delivered on time. I cannot think of a better way to celebrate all those delays during the last 5 years.

The only update that has ever been released on time, was scorched earth. Since then, or before then, I don't think a single Ark update has ever been released on the day WC said it would be. It's nice that video games companies are showing support, but they're not actually doing anything besides postponing an update for no reason. If they're going to delay it, and say that their devs are going to take part in protests and stuff, I'd fully understand. But most companies think they're stopping racism just by postponing an update.

• Thanks 1

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Chris1221 said:

Since then, or before then, I don't think a single Ark update has ever been released on the day WC said it would be.

Then you think wrong, because there have been plenty of updates released on the original day given, it's just people overlook the positives and only focus on the negatives.... probably because the negatives unfortunately outweigh the positives.

• Haha 1

when it comes down to it...if map is done or not doesnt matter and the the BS of using to events of what is going on in the world as a reason to Delay doesnt matter...and the people claiming or using race or saying that this is game is just an American game get ur heads out out of Mother F*Cking A**es. because there's more to life the locations and race.