A Message from Studio Wildcard

StudioWildcard

I'm new to the game, used to play on Steam release but just came back recently.

Have a week off work and have just joined big boys in development of base and engrams etc. Also JUST done my first ever breed which was a velo and he's probably starved now :(

Wanted to spend my week off work getting to be an advanced player and just purchased expansions too... Real kick in the nuts.

Couldn't care less about the new update, I'm a grown up, I can handle not getting a new toy to play with when mummy promised. What I am pretty angry about is not being able to play ATALL. I'm guessing I uninstall the game for my week off and install something else on my limited storage space...

For some people ark is an escape. It helps them get away from all of the negativity in the world around them. I know in my case I've turned to it a handful of times when i was not in the best way. There's alot of negativity out there right now. That's why alot of people are up in arms, they want their escape. Everyone is talking about the violence and racism and how appalling it is like this is some new thing. I've seen a handful of comments talking about "a hundred years of racism". Bucko slavery was around HUNDREDS of years before the US was a thing. I mean the pyramids weren't built by a union.  If WC wants their reason for this delay to be some show of support for the Black Lives Matter movement, so be it. We've all got the choice to stay and play or leave. Following some of the team on Twitter i know they were hit hard by C19 too. We gotta stand together as a community support each other. Its not a BLM  or ALM thing its a take care of your fellow man. Love each other. If you see someone hurting pick them up. We are all truly insignificant in the big picture. If we destroyed earth the universe would forget we were ever here. But in our everyday life on this insignificant little Rock our goal shouldn't be a game but to brighten the day of the insignificant souls we meet. 

16 hours ago, ciabattaroll said:

Shhhh. Don't break the narrative. Remember, this is all a ploy to excuse never releasing any DLC on time. They're not actually sympathizing with people given the current state of the country that the company is in, that'd be crazy talk /sarcasm #tinfoilhats.

Hahaha so true!/sarcastic 

16 hours ago, ciabattaroll said:

You're right. It should be delayed indefinitely until conditions improve. Same with Sony and the PS5, who chose to delay revealing information about their new console due to the same recent events.

That’s not what they are saying just until this kind of “blows over” but not in a way like it’s a pest. Also if we wait for there to be 100% racial equality this would never be released cus that one guy(or gal)

15 hours ago, Heavysboy said:

They are making excuses of whats happening in the real world for their delay, if you are gonna delay it, drop the map for consoles same time

Nope, they actually acadently released it on the PC Microsoft cross-play version! Also that would be cool if they finished jumping barriers for console while protests still are happening and then release them simultaneously, in this case that MIGHT actually be possible because before with the other delays the content wasn’t done and couldn’t start the approval prosses or whatever...

15 minutes ago, iNathhh15 said:

I'm currently hosting a server on the microsoft version of the game and it has the 5 year anniversary update, due to this, no one on xbox can join the server as the client build does not match the host build. Is there any way I can fix this?

No clue but this proves that the content is done, would you agree?

To all those saying all lives matter, please read the link@DomiDarko shared

[mention=180634]StudioWildcard[/mention] [mention=1109745]Cedric[/mention] As I said so many times now: please announce delays in a fun way like "We did it again! Keep that running gag going!" or something. People wouldn't be as mad over this as they are over some shady(looking) announcements like the actual here. [emoji6] 
And for all of those writing #AllLivesMatter: please stop it! I'm a white guy not even living in the USA and even I knew not to say this - to be honest I didn't know why but at least I kept my mouth shut and my fingers away from the keyboard. To understand it, read this https://www.vox.com/2016/7/11/12136140/black-all-lives-matter and listen to this Body Count song: 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NOU123 said:

this is disgusting, you people are shaming wildcard for not doing their job and BS excuses. They have delays because they work hard, people. Please, understand that they are just trying to give you a good game, and you guys are mad because they can't finish it in time. BS. You guys are immature.

No... nou this is NOT what’s happening... they actually forgot to tell PC Microsoft to not roll out the update, and because of this, some people can actually use CI right now, they ARE DONE they are legitimately just not rolling it out ONLY because of the situation, and who knows maybe now they have extra time to polish everything up and it will be less or a lag and bug feast then every other thing.
*sorry was a little confused about what you said this post doesn't really make sense now. Even if this was a delay cus of unfinished content(Which it is not), they are working hard. How many of you have had to make a mod on a deadline, or make a important decision such as this with only 3 or 4 days to decide, of corse it was last minute decision! They are doing their job! 

Edited by Dinobros2000

BS. Be on tome for once!!! I remember buying genesis, and waiting months for some bs release date, now a damn riot has your attention!? Who gives a crap dude. Let us have fun on this game, stop postponing. This is how you ruin your games popularity. So disappointed in the amount of money i spend on this game. ?

• Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, IceBoundCannibal said:

BS. Be on tome for once!!! I remember buying genesis, and waiting months for some bs release date, now a damn riot has your attention!? Who gives a crap dude. Let us have fun on this game, stop postponing. This is how you ruin your games popularity. So disappointed in the amount of money i spend on this game. ?

They would probably get bad ratings for releasing a ark anniversary celebration update while there’s protests or whatever, and plenty of others are postponing updates too like PS4 Fortnight, World of Warcraft I think... a bunch of places are... also who gives a?... dude, that is not a good thing to say. I mean, come on. And how were they supposed to know when the release date was? You bought gen way early! You think that someone starts working on a movie and on the second day they are just like “this movie will be released in exactly 8 months 14 days 2 hours and 11 minutes” NO that’s is not how it works. By the time you see the trailer, the movie will be maybe a month or so from completion!

Edited by Dinobros2000
  • Facepalm 1

The protests are valid but meaningless, there's not a systemic problem but a local, union problem just like with teachers. Its impossible to get the bad apples out becaus unions have too much influence. BLM has nothing to do with Black Lives, it's a communist indoctrination organization fronting as a civil rights group. Communist countries do not have a great record on civil rights or any rights for that matter.

Go Woke, Go Broke!

R.I.P. Wild Card :(

Because Queztels are the best dino in game all is forgiven W.C. :D

Edited by FoolsFolly
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, TheSkateGuard said:

For some people ark is an escape. It helps them get away from all of the negativity in the world around them. I know in my case I've turned to it a handful of times when i was not in the best way. There's alot of negativity out there right now. That's why alot of people are up in arms, they want their escape. Everyone is talking about the violence and racism and how appalling it is like this is some new thing. I've seen a handful of comments talking about "a hundred years of racism". Bucko slavery was around HUNDREDS of years before the US was a thing. I mean the pyramids weren't built by a union.  If WC wants their reason for this delay to be some show of support for the Black Lives Matter movement, so be it. We've all got the choice to stay and play or leave. Following some of the team on Twitter i know they were hit hard by C19 too. We gotta stand together as a community support each other. Its not a BLM  or ALM thing its a take care of your fellow man. Love each other. If you see someone hurting pick them up. We are all truly insignificant in the big picture. If we destroyed earth the universe would forget we were ever here. But in our everyday life on this insignificant little Rock our goal shouldn't be a game but to brighten the day of the insignificant souls we meet. 

Semantics but the pyramids were built by people in a system that was set up to make people go into debt and when you went into debt you worked at they pyramid and paid it off, and they also used competition to motivate the workers.  

• Facepalm 2

4 minutes ago, FoolsFolly said:

The protests are valid but meaningless, there's not a systemic problem but a local, union problem just like with teachers. Its impossible to get the bad apples out becaus unions have too much influence. BLM has nothing to do with Black Lives, it's a communist indoctrination organization fronting as a civil rights group. Communist countries do not have a great record on civil rights or any rights for that matter.

Go Woke, Go Broke!

R.I.P. Wild Card :(

Fix the game W.C. or just close down the game & retract it from Steam & give us our money back. Too bad Lemon laws don't exist for games :(

So your saying just because the game has a few bugs, remove a game that so many people love and it’s there favorite game, take all the money spent on the game and give it back leaving WC in debt? It’s the 7th game on steam and it make probably millions! Literally all WC’s money is in player sales! If they gave us all a refund they would lose all their profits and all the money they spent to maintain servers and hire people,

5 minutes ago, RogerRabbit said:

Wildcard: Due to whats going on we will delay the release date a week.
*Accidentally releases it on PC and still hasn't rolled it back...

Why not just release it now? Delaying the release was to pause for a cause... then they didn't. If there was a cringe face emoji, I'd use it now.

It’s only on PC’s cross-play version... Rolling back might be complicated.

2 hours ago, Dinobros2000 said:

So your saying just because the game has a few bugs, remove a game that so many people love and it’s there favorite game, take all the money spent on the game and give it back leaving WC in debt? It’s the 7th game on steam and it make probably millions! Literally all WC’s money is in player sales! If they gave us all a refund they would lose all their profits and all the money they spent to maintain servers and hire people,

I wish they would introduce more tek flyers ;)

Edited by FoolsFolly
  • Facepalm 1

Such a toxic bunch of selfish children.  WC may or may not have had a late release anyway - you don't know, I don''t know, and don't pretend you do know cause you do not.

WC tried to be socially responsible in a time when bringing people together has never mattered more, and paying attention to national and global tragedies has never mattered more and all a bunch of spoiled gamer bois can do is whine that they have to wait a week for new content?

Get a raptoring grip on reality.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

5 minutes ago, Dinobros2000 said:

It’s only on PC’s cross-play version... Rolling back might be complicated.

No doubt is it complicated. Its just their actions didn't justify their statement. It appears they decided to delay(no problem with that) then no one followed up to stop the automatic release. (per their twitter statement) I'd be okay with them rolling it back for them to stand to whatever they want to stand for. No doubt what happened takes away from their statement. ☹️

You know if ur foong to complain about tbe delay of the new map.  Just quit playing ark. A dam video game is not worth risking someones life over because u think its there fault. When its probably not. Remember one thing greed. Does rule the world but it also have its down falls and it always kills u in the end 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

39 minutes ago, Darkknight8417 said:

You know if ur foong to complain about tbe delay of the new map.  Just quit playing ark. A dam video game is not worth risking someones life over because u think its there fault. When its probably not. Remember one thing greed. Does rule the world but it also have its down falls and it always kills u in the end 

I've never seen so much stupid in 1 sentence.

• Thanks 1

On 6/3/2020 at 8:19 PM, Reckless9000 said:

The issue is that Black People are dying and being killed and mistreated and more by the police. No one Disputes that All Lives Matter but the main issue is Black Lives are being taken away and classified in a sub group instead of treated in the phrase "All Lives Matter".

I still think Wildcard was not ready for Launch which I can refer to the 5 year track record of delays unfortunately. 

It really sucks that the tag alllivesmatter was taken by a racist group. I am white in a hispanic community and have been called a slave owner, supremacist, and tons of other stuff. It is because white people are the majority they (the racist people I wish I had no association with) take that power to leave blacks isolated and continue racism. Hopefully this all makes sense. 

Maybe I am just misunderstanding the message, but I don't completely follow the logic on this decision.  If it's to sympathize with the current societal issues going on, then I feel that they missed the mark. They have a powerful medium at their disposal through ARK, which could  be used to resonate with people on these issues.

Think about if it would have been delayed, but with the intention changing from a celebration to a commemoration of the good intention of the protests, and the unity of races. Maybe there could have been unique dino colors offered during this time like they do for other events. I think a black and white monochrome color theme would have been pretty popular for breeding. If this happened it probably would be a completely different discussion we're having now.

The most disappointing part to me is that in the future when people look back at this games releases this will just be another delay out of a long list. It will not be distinguished from any of the other  past delays, unless you knew what was going on.

I agree that right now probably isn't the time to be celebrating, but truth be told I don't believe that June 11th will be the right time to celebrate either. Does it really have to be a celebration though?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FoolsFolly said:

It would make me feel better about spending a few thousand hours on something that made me feel like I had failed at life. Not that I haven't ;) but with the refund at least the healing could begin :)

So just because it would make you feel a little better, you want to ruin MILLIONS of people’s fun and community and communication prevent new people from having fun, make a company go bankrupt and ruin all their LIVES! Just so you can earn 60$ and fell better about what???  You spent a few thousand hours on a game, and just because you can’t get new content(this is not pre existing content being  restricted!) The second you want it, throw away the game, make millions unhappy and some bankrupt, all because you didn’t get new content for a game you obviously already enjoy within the week of the release date to show respect for a important cause!

1 hour ago, Sibeal said:

Such a toxic bunch of selfish children.  WC may or may not have had a late release anyway - you don't know, I don''t know, and don't pretend you do know cause you do not.

WC tried to be socially responsible in a time when bringing people together has never mattered more, and paying attention to national and global tragedies has never mattered more and all a bunch of spoiled gamer bois can do is whine that they have to wait a week for new content?

Get a raptoring grip on reality.

Thank you!

7 minutes ago, shialabuff said:

Maybe I am just misunderstanding the message, but I don't completely follow the logic on this decision.  If it's to sympathize with the current societal issues going on, then I feel that they missed the mark. They have a powerful medium at their disposal through ARK, which could  be used to resonate with people on these issues.

Think about if it would have been delayed, but with the intention changing from a celebration to a commemoration of the good intention of the protests, and the unity of races. Maybe there could have been unique dino colors offered during this time like they do for other events. I think a black and white monochrome color theme would have been pretty popular for breeding. If this happened it probably would be a completely different discussion we're having now.

The most disappointing part to me is that in the future when people look back at this games releases this will just be another delay out of a long list. It will not be distinguished from any of the other  past delays, unless you knew what was going on.

I agree that right now probably isn't the time to be celebrating, but truth be told I don't believe that June 11th will be the right time to celebrate either. Does it really have to be a celebration though?

Great response!