A Message from Studio Wildcard

StudioWildcard

31 minutes ago, Antogt said:

Windows version got the update. At least the anniversary part. They say they feel it’s “inappropriate to celebrate milestones because there’s bigger things afoot” Yet they released it for pc. Interesting. 

Is that what that is? I was surprised to see a 600+ MB update after seeing WC decided to put out the delay... What's in the "anniversary" part? Just event items or is Crystal Isles available as well?

Here's to being white and not feeling entitled. I can wait. Longer if you all feel the need to drive this home. Very excited too btw as I've had my base cords on the wall for over a month. 

Edit*  while I was not worrying about my unpaid dlc to arrived I forgot to show my stand. BLACK LIVES MATTER!

Edited by Zeeero
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

My kudos to all you folks at WC for this decision, anyone getting their panties in a knot are just too tunnel-visioned to see the much larger global picture, anyone saying we paid for this needs to go back and take a look at themselves and their holier than thou needy attitudes and realize you paid a one time fee for a base game and or 3 dlc's(that you can play solo) you pay nothing for official servers you've paid nothing for multiple other dlc maps(CI included) as for the anniversary event, it's WC's party they can postpone it if they want to. This is not a life or death situation so waiting a week or two or four for the anniversary event and or the CI map to be released is not going to kill you so check your entitlements at the door.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

If Delayed content fixes issues in the world, then by yall's track record means you should have solved world hunger and homelessness. Oh yea, it don't work like that and yall just playing off propaganda, and it's backfiring so bad you have to do 80% off the game just to grab what little sales you can now.

Edited by ArousedPlumbus

21 hours ago, Polvorones said:

America with its problem of believing itself the center of the universe. The rest of the countries have to cry their raptoring problems and those of us who expected the game, screw us. Why? Because it happened in America. It gets to be anywhere else and they wouldn't give a poop. They give a poop in Yemen, Syria, Venezuela conflicts... The countries in which all races live well together have to suffer due to their racial problems and those of us who wanted a little rest playing crystal islands after all the COVID-19 poop, we screw.

did wildcard ever state in this thread that the reason for the delay was the riots/protest in America? no lol it stated … for the problems going on in the us...and the rest of the world....chill the dlc will come soon we all can wait ? 

• Like 1

On 6/3/2020 at 9:10 PM, norkalli said:

I stand in solidarity with black people. Ark players are primarily white and it's about time we experience some dissapointments, setbacks and letdowns so we can feel the pain experienced by African Americans. I support the event/new map being postponed until racial disparity is 100% solved in the US and abroad. Black Lives Matter

I see more Latin players than anything on every server I'm on. As far as disappointments do you know that white people haven't had them? Also how is a delayy in a map release going to make us feel the pain African Americans go through? You sound like a idiot. If wildcard decides to postpone map release until the world is perfect for everyone it'll never be released. 

On 6/3/2020 at 9:11 PM, vvHash said:
On 6/3/2020 at 9:11 PM, vvHash said:

Typical Americans. Not everyone lives in the U.S. But yeah, let's make the world wait and watch while we deal with our problems. 

Uh you realize this was Wildcard decision right? Americans have no control over them anyways being late to release things. This just gave then a perfect excuse to cover up they weren't ready as usual. 

On 6/3/2020 at 9:12 PM, FAFA said:

Let me translate it for everybody:

Fortunately, the current situation in the US serves as the perfect excuse to postpone this update.

I cannot remember a single early access update delivered on time. I cannot think of a better way to celebrate all those delays during the last 5 years.

Yeah it sucks but can you have a little respect and take a look at what is going on in the world right now. I know you are all upset, I am too. It sucks, but please have a little regard for the black community. The ARK update getting delayed isn't the big picture here, We as a whole need to create change and stand up for what is right, so next time can you try a little bit harder to see the Big Picture. Thank you and I hope you have a good day.

RIP George Floyd

Edited by GCotugno84

Honestly, I don't get it.

Cop killed a guy.

Cop is in jail facing murder chargers.

People riot because cop killed guy.

but....  every day in the US people are killed by cops, thieves, thugs, gangs... and they don't give two cents then...

The guy getting killed isn't the reason for the riots, its just a excuse for people to behave badly,  destroy other peoples property, and be criminals themselves.

So whats the point? is there one really?

fighting bad behavior with bad behavior? has it ever worked in the past? no, will it ever work? no. 

I don't quite agree with the Wildcard decision like with others... I understand that the abuse of power by the institutions they own is very bad. But why  "Black lives matter"? Why not ALL LIVES MATTER? Besides, this man was wanted for a crime threatening a pregnant woman who put a gun to her head.  and what, suddenly the poor man became a hero after his death?

I understand that the abuse of power is the worst.  But everyone's life is important.

1 hour ago, GCotugno84 said:

look at what is going on in the world right now.

I mean we can look at what is going on in the world the US has protest about racism, Norway has had a village go into the sea for a landslide Nigira has women disappeering and send into slavery, Hong Kong is still working against China the UK wants to help Hong Kong people but China hates it China is happy that the US is to busy inside to seen the stuff they are doing, there is still a pendemic doing on named Corona Virus there are alot of things going on in the world and not all is about one guy getting killed by cops that now is going to jail. 

I will poop happens and the world is not the US, I mean getting to see all the things that is going on in the world one would have to stop every single update and delay DLC for ever as every day people get killed black and white many that did nothing wrong, their are alot more problems in the US other then just Black lives as you do not just stop Racism in one day, it takes changes lets start with school system in teh US it is compleetly raptored it is set up that lower income familys are set to fail, many set to fail will go into criminal gangs and so on, make sure that schools get payment for the amount of students and not on what place it is set in as poor areas will not have the problem of low income and there for unable to give a good education, oh and how about restricting the guns I mean making the Police paranoid for everyone can just have a gun is not realy helping too, as I said there are far more important things to focus on in the US other then there are racist in the police, the whole system could do we rework and last I checked Burnie was willing to make those changes but people clearly did not want him so...

yeah black lives matter is a good cause there will be people abusing it and cause riots I mean that will happen with most protest there are always bad apples but I do not think one should use a movement like this to stop people from working or delaying especaily when using it last minute, if wild card stated it when the protests started I think it would have been a very different responce then last minute and people are not angry for it is black lives matter it just comes across as it being used as an exuse rather then making a true statement there is also no we will donate money to these causes to help the protests, it is not realy helping any one only annoing people more and that is counter preductive to the movement most games I see just have black live matters messages I have seen other games putting up updates even with the protests so there is no realy reason not to do it.

17 minutes ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

Good thing they aren't all eating Tide Pods

• Haha 1

Anyone managed to get logged into a server from PC win10 version?

They rolled the update out to PC clients leaving the game with 0 playable servers... They updated Twitter something like 20 hours ago but nothing yet.

I imagine my very first velenosaur baby is dead by now...

Don't see why it's difficult to roll Back the PC update.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ManMango said:

Anyone managed to get logged into a server from PC win10 version?

They rolled the update out to PC clients leaving the game with 0 playable servers... They updated Twitter something like 20 hours ago but nothing yet.

I imagine my very first velenosaur baby is dead by now...

Don't see why it's difficult to roll Back the PC update.

Because wild card. 

• Haha 2