A Message from Studio Wildcard

StudioWildcard

21 hours ago, anderking said:

u know saying black lives matter is kinda racist touching this to kids would make them think other races dont matter how about all lives matter

All lives don't matter if black lives don't matter. Saying black lives matter isn't the same as saying white lives don't matter, that's what you make out of it. But for all lives to matter, black lives should matter too.

21 hours ago, norkalli said:

I stand in solidarity with black people. Ark players are primarily white and it's about time we experience some dissapointments, setbacks and letdowns so we can feel the pain experienced by African Americans. I support the event/new map being postponed until racial disparity is 100% solved in the US and abroad. Black Lives Matter

You can be solidary with  all black lives around thee world also with yellow and white people, all they are occasionally suffer in a lot bigger scale as in US..

Keep restrictions, disappointment and Racism in US.

I paid for game not for US internal problems.

Edited by Noa

Despite my own personal disappointment with the delay(I was rather excited the Ark b-day celebration was going to start on my own b-day this year) I completely understand why the day of George Floyd's memorial service would be an insensitive time to celebrate. Take the extra week to polish, fiddle, tweak, protest or whatever. I'll still be excited to play when it drops.

• Volunteer Moderator
22 minutes ago, Dinobros2000 said:

Umm hey guys, you accidentally released the update and map on Microsoft store..... also is the event only for a day or how long?

Shhhh. Don't break the narrative. Remember, this is all a ploy to excuse never releasing any DLC on time. They're not actually sympathizing with people given the current state of the country that the company is in, that'd be crazy talk /sarcasm #tinfoilhats.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

are you serious? using social movement as excuse for yet another delay? I mean when did you release anything on schedule? did you seriously think someone would buy this stupid crap?

aren't you adding insult to injury?

guys, prepare your thumbs down on steam and wherever you can leave a review. this is the only thing they truly scared of.

Edited by ChrisGamingYT
  • Facepalm 1

• Volunteer Moderator
24 minutes ago, Wrenchee said:

So their struggle for equality will be over by the 11th?..... someone should let them know; I'm sure it will be quite a surprise.

You're right. It should be delayed indefinitely until conditions improve. Same with Sony and the PS5, who chose to delay revealing information about their new console due to the same recent events.

Let's be real. We were all expecting a delay and problems at the last minute, as per usual. If it was legitimately because of the protests and out of respect, I feel like it would have been announced as a delay days ago.  Being that it's so last minute, it feels more like a serious technical issue arose and they just happen to have a convenient excuse; which seems more disrespectful. I suspect Wild Card didn't stop to think how pinning a delay on the protests would look in the grand scheme of things. 

As for launching the updates today, how would that show disrespect? I went to work today. I ate breakfast & lunch. I'm playing other games tonight. Is any of that disrespectful? Nope.

1 hour ago, deAnimator said:

Despite my own personal disappointment with the delay(I was rather excited the Ark b-day celebration was going to start on my own b-day this year) I completely understand why the day of George Floyd's memorial service would be an insensitive time to celebrate. Take the extra week to polish, fiddle, tweak, protest or whatever. I'll still be excited to play when it drops.

You know, I can kind of see why not celebrate today, sure. But kind of ridiculous that a celebration has to be on the day of the release. Even if there weren't 'other considerations', I think Wild Card should avoid celebrating until after the initial launch anyways. Release today, celebrate next week after the initial bugs and major release issues are past. 

Edited by DeHammer

On 6/3/2020 at 6:10 PM, norkalli said:

Ark players are primarily white...

Do you realize that racial profiling is racism, regardless of a person's skin color? 

Not to mention there's no data to support that claim. 

I get that you may be trying to be anti-racist, but you're actually being racist. 

Edited by DeHammer
  • Thanks 2
  • Facepalm 2

11 minutes ago, DeHammer said:

Do you realize that racial profiling is racism, regardless of a person's skin color? 

Not to mention there's no data to support that claim. 

I get that you may be trying to be anti-racist, but you're actually being racist. 

I honestly think norkalli was being mostly sarcastic. I do not think that this should even have taken this turn.

Onto the delay matter. This is nothing new. I have uninstalled the game for that reason. We should not be surprised after Wildcard's track record. Also, no amount of us here on the thread hemming and hawing at them is going to change a thing, it never does. 

2 hours ago, MadAlkemyst said:

You paid for the game license. You did not pay for guaranteed access to any features. Read your ToS.

Yes, American racism surprised me, i definitely didn't pay for that.

And is not in my ToS.

But i must admit i did know that American people are very violent, that practically any kid can get a gun and go on killing spree in school killing few teachers and other kids.

That and similar things happen on daily basis regardless of skin color is known like American citizen don't feel enough American without his daily dose of blood bath.

But i really didn't know that this things go in game payment contract.

Another thing>

Instead of postponing all like bug fixes, new features, new content because of situation in America we could have opposite.

Like donation events to help  people who help need.

WC have run those evens in past  (also those are not in my ToS) and i dont see why not to do things like that instead of postponing all.

https://www.extra-life.org/

Edited by Noa

I understand and support Wildcard pushing it back a bit. Yes, it's sad and I'm excited for the CI map, but it's even sadder that Mr. Floyd died, and I fully support the protestors and Wildcard pushing the celebration back a bit until it is a more appropriate time. Now is not the time to be selfish and complain about it, help solve the problem of racism in America, and pushbacks like this in relation to the appropriate timing wont have to happen.

Rest in Peace, George Floyd.

Black Lives Matter.

3 minutes ago, Necrozma said:

I understand and support Wildcard pushing it back a bit. Yes, it's sad and I'm excited for the CI map, but it's even sadder that Mr. Floyd died, and I fully support the protestors and Wildcard pushing the celebration back a bit until it is a more appropriate time. Now is not the time to be selfish and complain about it, help solve the problem of racism in America, and pushbacks like this in relation to the appropriate timing wont have to happen.

Rest in Peace, George Floyd.

Black Lives Matter.

I believe that majority of players me included share your feeling and opinion but problem is  somewhere else.

WC is known as notorious postponer and nobody believe in posted excuses  by WC.

Most of players are inclined  to believe that postponing is not because some holy cause showing solidarity but because they didn't finished to develop till delivery time  as usual, as always.

• Like 1

yes it is disappointing to all of us. but bare in mind igits everything going on in the world. how many lost lives to covid-19, and now all the other igits out there protesting and cant even keep distance from eachother. think about everything in the big picture. i believe it to be a smart thing to do, and a small sacrifice to pay. so what if it gives WC a bit more time to work on it. give your head a fracing shake would ya's. not saying that all of us must agree, but at least show some compassion and empathy towards everyone else. some of us are behind WC on this idea. also did you pay for the new dlc, i dont think so. do we pay for the anniversary events they give us, again no. so shut the frac up, and take it as you get it.

those who do not remember the past, are condemned to repeat it.

• Facepalm 1