A Message from Studio Wildcard

StudioWildcard

I fully and respectfully agree with your decision to postpone the celebration. Solidarity to the cause, against discrimination and injustice! 
For all who say it is an "BS excuse": lots of other game studios are doing the same. One good thing with all the BS-Callers and non understanders is - at least they talk and maybe some of them begin to think. Imagine getting shot because you have "the wrong" skin colour, or choked to death because of it. Police brutality against minorities is a real problem, all around the globe, but especially in the U.S. We should start to treat each of us with respect and dignity.

Solidartiy from Europe!

Edited by Johnny161
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 3

15 hours ago, norkalli said:

I stand in solidarity with black people. Ark players are primarily white and it's about time we experience some dissapointments, setbacks and letdowns so we can feel the pain experienced by African Americans. I support the event/new map being postponed until racial disparity is 100% solved in the US and abroad. Black Lives Matter

How do you know ARK players are primarily white? Are you saying that black people dont or shouldn't play ARK?  Thats pretty condescending assuming that. There is no possible way to measure the demographics of ARK players.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, megaHammer said:

I am so disappointed by everyone. There are literally people being murdered. Abused. Sentenced to jail because we are trying to change our country for the betterment of a race. So what they're not prepared to handle an event and also the release of a new map. Yeah, i get it. they're not on time like always. But take a look around in the world. Please. Can you not put yourself into someone else's shoes and have a little bit of faith? I guarantee you a lot of people would be saying the complete opposite if these things were supposed to be released on time. "how dare they when innocent people are rioting and being beaten"
This is an American based game. Ced is fighting the long fight. We are all ready for change. Get your heads out of your butts for just enough time to see that they're trying to be considerate.
Everyone's lives matter right now. You guys should be angry, but this is not the time or place to be.

Here's an idea leave real life out of a video game 

• Like 3

Yikes, i don't even play anymore and i found this reason to be lack luster.  It's not respectful to postpone a release of something that brings people happiness so that we can sit and observe something that makes people miserable.  It's just an excuse.  Hope you guys enjoy your summers of RL violence and pandemic. Get out of your houses and in the streets and get some covid and beatdowns y'all.

Edited by Kaprosuchus
  • Like 1

I usually do not comment on forums, but jeez. Wildcard is notorious for late launches, this is nothing new. I get being upset, but really, come on. What made anyone think that "this" launch would be any different. Using politics as a escape goat, is a new play for them though. And a rather low play at that. Just admit, that yet again, your not ready as announced and stop the "feelings" charade.

Since they played to politic card and brought it up, ill weigh in too. Looting, rioting, and burning down "Target" buildings, because a bad cop (racist or not) murdered someone is not solidarity. Its mob violence. Give the cop his "fair trial", and throw him in jail (or death row in my opinion), where he clearly belongs. If the victim would have been a white guy protesting at a abortion clinic, would we be focusing on other questions i wonder? Never the less, he killed someone, white/black, i really don't care. Deal with him in court.... What about the innocent officers killed in the aftermath? They deserved it i guess, huh?....who is the monster again?..... Stereotyping people as racist for not supporting a botched political movement is not racist......to think so, is the definition of racism ironically.... and save the "deep", philosophical black lives matter, shpeal....its political a propaganda paradox... Scum bags that kill anyone should be dealt with (accordingly in my opinion) in court. The majority of people just don't care enough to be sucked into this never ending and un-winnable discussion of bigotry. All a normal person can do is accept defeat or avoid the conversation all together, when they are seen as the problem for people with this attitude. Entitlement is what breeds this attitude. I would fully expect to be tear gassed (at the very least) if I threw rocks or shot at officers. What in the hell would make anyone think differently? Are they trying to be a martyr? And anger isn't justifiable for this behavior either. Its amazing how some think they are above the law somehow? News FLASH, no one is special, regardless of what their mother might have said. I'm sorry to be that, by now labeled,  "racist jerk" to break it to you. There are bad people out there, and no one is above the law. That is reserved exclusively for Steven Seagal. :)

Let the courts deal with the murdering scum bags, regardless of their race, and more importantly regardless of victim race. This includes the murderers of the innocent law officers. Christ, cant everyone see how this is all politically motivated and we (the citizens) are just pawns..... ? No one gets a free pass to riot or hurt others because they have a "cause". If someone wants to peacefully protest, knock themselves out. Its a first amendment right, but you cant cherry pick the parts of the amendment you like. It protects peaceful protest and freedom of speech. When it becomes violent, they are no longer exercising the amendment. And they are no better than "THE mysterious MAN" that is holding them back, from the greatness they "feel" they deserve. These individuals are just looking for justification for their bad behavior. Which is probably a gleaming reason for why they are "held back" in the first place, their behavior. And now they are also similarly, scumbags that should get a "fair trial".

• Thanks 2

Uh say Wah what does the release of a DLC have to do with the situation we need this to get us away from the craziness out there that's a terrible excuse wildcard, everyone is aware of what's going on in the world we game because it's our escape from the chaos maps are always delayed a day before it's released using the world to avoid criticism is not cool if I worked at burgerking and I gave you half a burger instead on the whole thing you'd be mad I don't wanna be involved in protest or riots it's stressful enough to see the world falling apart .........again not cool

Edited by BrokenArkGame

7 minutes ago, Nightman361 said:

Oh man that’s so terrible. You have to wait another week for a video game. Haha.. get a life dude.

Some of us play because it means something to keep connected and have fun while forgetting the worries of the world dont tell someone to get a life because your here in the forum insulting players that have built and spent years playing this "dude"

• Like 1

So when black cop kills white guy with exactly same circumstance, there is no " hear the voices " post from WildCard. When black racist lynch white farmer family in Africa...crickets. But as soon as some criminal gets killed by roten cop - lets ben the knee.

Wildcard do this every time when this happens to anyone or don't do this at all. Otherwise you're just racist.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jay1234 said:

I usually do not comment on forums, but jeez. Wildcard is notorious for late launches, this is nothing new. I get being upset, but really, come on. What made anyone think that "this" launch would be any different. Using politics as a escape goat, is a new play for them though. And a rather low play at that. Just admit, that yet again, your not ready as announced and stop the "feelings" charade.

Since they played to politic card and brought it up, ill weigh in too. Looting, rioting, and burning down "Target" buildings, because a bad cop (racist or not) murdered someone is not solidarity. Its mob violence. Give the cop his "fair trial", and throw him in jail (or death row in my opinion), where he clearly belongs. If the victim would have been a white guy protesting at a abortion clinic, would we be focusing on other questions i wonder? Never the less, he killed someone, white/black, i really don't care. Deal with him in court.... What about the innocent officers killed in the aftermath? They deserved it i guess, huh?....who is the monster again?..... Stereotyping people as racist for not supporting a botched political movement is not racist......to think so, is the definition of racism ironically.... and save the "deep", philosophical black lives matter, shpeal....its political a propaganda paradox... Scum bags that kill anyone should be dealt with (accordingly in my opinion) in court. The majority of people just don't care enough to be sucked into this never ending and un-winnable discussion of bigotry. All a normal person can do is accept defeat or avoid the conversation all together, when they are seen as the problem for people with this attitude. Entitlement is what breeds this attitude. I would fully expect to be tear gassed (at the very least) if I threw rocks or shot at officers. What in the hell would make anyone think differently? Are they trying to be a martyr? And anger isn't justifiable for this behavior either. Its amazing how some think they are above the law somehow? News FLASH, no one is special, regardless of what their mother might have said. I'm sorry to be that, by now labeled,  "racist jerk" to break it to you. There are bad people out there, and no one is above the law. That is reserved exclusively for Steven Seagal. :)

Let the courts deal with the murdering scum bags, regardless of their race, and more importantly regardless of victim race. This includes the murderers of the innocent law officers. Christ, cant everyone see how this is all politically motivated and we (the citizens) are just pawns..... ? No one gets a free pass to riot or hurt others because they have a "cause". If someone wants to peacefully protest, knock themselves out. Its a first amendment right, but you cant cherry pick the parts of the amendment you like. It protects peaceful protest and freedom of speech. When it becomes violent, they are no longer exercising the amendment. And they are no better than "THE mysterious MAN" that is holding them back, from the greatness they "feel" they deserve. These individuals are just looking for justification for their bad behavior. Which is probably a gleaming reason for why they are "held back" in the first place, their behavior. And now they are also similarly, scumbags that should get a "fair trial".

Very well said... I would like to reassure you that there are many people that are thinking along the same lines as you are, they just aren't getting media coverage as everyone is covering the riots and protesting. It may be hard to fathom in times like these when it seems like the whole country has gone insane, but most people are reasonable and are just watching the news shaking their head. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DarkwingFoxx said:

Yeah I do care more about the game. None of this Black Lives Matter crap  pertains to me and mine, therefore I do not want anything to do with it. I'm minding my own business, wanting to play a dinosaur game. The delay of this event does not have any effect on the protests or whatever going on. There is absolutely no positive or negative outcome had they released the event as they had scheduled. Besides, who knows how long this lasts? If the BLM stuff goes into June 11th, what then? Will they keep backing up the date as if that actually does anything to help out the people? We play video games to escape the crap that goes on in the world. If we cared about what's going on outside of our homes, we would be out there doing something. WC does not have to delay an event in a video game to show respect to people. 

This isn't going to go anywhere because when you try to reason with individuals, another negative person will come and find something to nag about.  Just like you said, "If we cared about what's going on outside of our homes, we would be out there doing something." Well, it can be turned around back to your statement, if you want WC to stop delaying this event, why isn't anyone trying to help WC get this event out on time rather then nagging about it.  Complaining about this isn't going to fix this, its finding ways to help, that works.  Anyways, there could be a lot said going back and forth however, we cant change the fact that what has happened has happened.  Complain all you want, WC is not going to move quick just to make those who only care about themselves happy. There's always an alternative, delete the game (stop playing the game), or play another game in the meantime.  I'm done with this negative chat room.  

This is so crazy, it's all about you and what makes you happy. Well, if that's the case then WC, better yet, any game developers should just make games to make money and not care about how the game is functioning. Problem solved for those who only love themselves.