A Message from Studio Wildcard

StudioWildcard

9 hours ago, Kielex said:

Are your employees going to get the next few days off to stand in solidarity with the BLM movement? So they can go attend protests and make change? Or are they all going to have to show up to work the next day to work on the update that you delayed.

?

You made my Day!

I think the people & employees should really think about that.
And if its true that you are using this excuse just because you are late and @Cedric agrees on that and dont speak the truth sorry but then he should better not mention black lives matter anymore because you agree to blacks get used and everything else is hypocrisy in my opinion.

And to understand everything here in the comment section clear, i can recommend to all people reading this comments to watch for the posts people did in this Forum and how long they are aboard seems like mostly only new people believe in that hypocrisy.

20 minutes ago, TrumpIsKing420 said:

Are you raptoring retarded? The cops are getting put in jail and these retards are still protesting (by looting stores). This is like protesting the raptoring holocaust in 2020. All this bullpoop has nothing to do with a video game map. WildCard isn’t going to solve police brutality by postponing their DLC. Also most of us don’t give a single raptor and won’t ever give a single raptor. People like you are truly a be scum of the earth. 

Sad but true 

So if y’all don’t like this don’t play the game. I stand with this. They have had 2x everything for a while to help with Covid. Be thankful this game has been around for 5 years and still going strong. They also communicated with us letting us know what’s going on. Thank you for producing an amazing game. 

p.S If you don’t like what they are doing there is an uninstall button, use it. 

14 hours ago, norkalli said:

I stand in solidarity with black people. Ark players are primarily white and it's about time we experience some dissapointments, setbacks and letdowns so we can feel the pain experienced by African Americans. I support the event/new map being postponed until racial disparity is 100% solved in the US and abroad. Black Lives Matter

That’s a hot take if I ever heard one.

i think everyone gets enough pain every time a new dlc drops.

14 hours ago, norkalli said:

I stand in solidarity with black people. Ark players are primarily white and it's about time we experience some dissapointments, setbacks and letdowns so we can feel the pain experienced by African Americans. I support the event/new map being postponed until racial disparity is 100% solved in the US and abroad. Black Lives Matter

You're gonna be waiting a very long time. Racism isn't ever going away, as sad as that is. The Civil Rights movement didn't stop racism and neither will these protests. Once its said and done it may seem like everything is fine and dandy but give it time and the racism will come back. You want racism to end? You want equality? Then a whole lotta people are gonna need sense knocked into them. 

1 hour ago, BornAgain said:

I agree! For those who think that when saying black lives matter is racist...WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?  In this current situation, African Americans are being treated unfairly.  All this about WC not releasing this on time is very disappointing.  Sounds to me that you care more about a game then lives.  This is how you all sound (those complaining), if someone treated your family wrong for a while now or killed them and you share this tragedy with your friends or whoever it may be and all they say to you is, "oh well, let's go play a video game."  Doesnt that sound messed up?  You all (speaking to those just complaining), sound like brats! Just because its possibly not happening in your country doesn't mean that WC cant show respect to the families, friends, and so forth of those affected by this tragedy.  Come on! Think before you speak.

Yeah I do care more about the game. None of this Black Lives Matter crap  pertains to me and mine, therefore I do not want anything to do with it. I'm minding my own business, wanting to play a dinosaur game. The delay of this event does not have any effect on the protests or whatever going on. There is absolutely no positive or negative outcome had they released the event as they had scheduled. Besides, who knows how long this lasts? If the BLM stuff goes into June 11th, what then? Will they keep backing up the date as if that actually does anything to help out the people? We play video games to escape the crap that goes on in the world. If we cared about what's going on outside of our homes, we would be out there doing something. WC does not have to delay an event in a video game to show respect to people. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, megaHammer said:

I am so disappointed by everyone. There are literally people being murdered. Abused. Sentenced to jail because we are trying to change our country for the betterment of a race. So what they're not prepared to handle an event and also the release of a new map. Yeah, i get it. they're not on time like always. But take a look around in the world. Please. Can you not put yourself into someone else's shoes and have a little bit of faith? I guarantee you a lot of people would be saying the complete opposite if these things were supposed to be released on time. "how dare they when innocent people are rioting and being beaten"
This is an American based game. Ced is fighting the long fight. We are all ready for change. Get your heads out of your butts for just enough time to see that they're trying to be considerate.
Everyone's lives matter right now. You guys should be angry, but this is not the time or place to be.

People get murdered every single day across the entire world. People are making a big deal of it now just because it was a policeman who murdered this one. Why don't we start prostesting every time someone is murdered? I'm pretty sure black folks murder more black folks than white folks murder black folks. Life goes on. People don't care about it unless its a cop murdering someone or a white man murdering someone. 

The message is UNCLEAR. Exactly what is the "situation" ? The message is not well written. A professional message would include statements that convey the reason for the delay. For example: We will not be releasing Crystal Isles on the 4th as planned because (insert real reason). The in-game celebration is delayed as well. Both will happen on the 11th.

Or don't clarify anything or re-write the message because you REALLY believe in delaying a software release and game event because somewhere someone did something. Next it will be someones hurt feelings that will delay the timely release of the latest expansion.

15 hours ago, StudioWildcard said:

Given the situation in the US, and the rest of the world right now, we will be rescheduling the ARK in-game celebration until Thursday, June 11. We understand that our community has much anticipated the ARK in-game party and the launch of Crystal Isles, and we're looking forward to sharing all we have prepared for you next week. We felt it would be inappropriate to celebrate milestones during the present time as there are bigger things afoot, and that outweighs any plans we otherwise had. We believe now is the time to be respectful and hear the voices of others.

Studio Wildcard

View full article

For those of you saying that Wildcard is dumb for this, you are what's wrong with this world. This company, that has made a game loved my millions of people across the world, is trying to show their support for a situation that's really happening in the world. So I don't care how upset you are, try to grow up and see that this isn't going to kill you. You will be fine for one week while Wildcard shows their support for a situation happening in their country.

• Facepalm 1

15 hours ago, norkalli said:

Where I live at least, the average person is white just because white “originated” here and black came in and the amount that came in makes it so generally there is just more white people, it’s not like black people aren’t allowed to buy the game or don’t have as much money(which might actually be true IDK) It’s just there is less black people. And it’s not just African Americans I think... also some people are just too lazy to change their charecter cus they just want to play, and the preset is white cus chances are, the average player is white. I see no connection as to why the map should be delayed unless it’s like a boycot. (I am not racist, I’m sorry if I said something that may have been predicted as racist, I did not mean it that way)

15 hours ago, anderking said:

u know saying black lives matter is kinda racist touching this to kids would make them think other races dont matter how about all lives matter

Yep, all lives matter, I feel like at some point black people or women might have more power or something and it could be the other way around... (I am not racist, I’m sorry if I said something that may have been predicted as racist, I did not mean it that way)

55 minutes ago, Qor said:

It’s called Escapism. I come here to get away from real life and enjoy this “GAME”

I can’t tell if this is a joke or serious?? Somewhere in between? Good point I guess.

13 minutes ago, Nabz said:

This is all a lame excuse to prospone the game.  "Not all blacks are criminals, not all whites are racist, not all cops are bad, ignorance comes in ALL COLORS"

Actually some cops have a valid reason such as the person resisted arrest or something, I heard a story where a guy(who happens to be black) was doing something illegal, and the cop tried to arrest him,  and the guy grabbed at his gun, and failed, grabbed at it again and the cop shot him cus, we’ll dur, I mean to guy is trying to steal his gun and probably shot the cop. The guy was black so people like protested and the cop ended up losing his job and I think in jail for some time(some details aren’t accurate probably but the point remains) and ignorance comes in all colors is so true (I am not racist, I’m sorry if I said something that may have been predicted as racist, I did not mean it that way)

2 minutes ago, Dodofeast said:

Has anyone considered maybe wildcard doesn't really have a choice. Other game studios are doing it if they are one of the only ones to not do it they risk really bad pr. 

Well good point, I really don’t understand why but it’s probably true.

50 minutes ago, PIRATE420 said:

I don't buy this lame excuse! You don't have the content ready, that's all there is to it.

WC does what they can to release their content when they can. If they don't have it ready, then that's what they say. Stop being a baby because you don't get what you want when you want it.

Thats hilarious seriously.

Using the situation in the US as an excuse for your overall incompetence to release things on time.

It is really sad whats happening over there, but you shouldn't forget that this is a Game. One really bad game, yet its a game.

Just like football player, soccer player or what ever send out messages the last few days - You beeing disrespectfull to everyone.

And tbh you delayed that for black people too, so in other words you punish them - yet you think you're respectfull, lol

Some last thing, this whole #blacklifesmatter is disrespetfull. Not just for other people, but for black people too. Its like you normally reduce them to something lower than a human beeing and need to remind yourself that we're all human.

• Like 1

Uninstalling the game. Was really looking forward to playing this update. My County is still on lockdown and furthermore has ludicrously early curfew mandates given the rioting. So I am still literally stuck at home. Wildcard basically is saying, "Go out and riot; Next week will be the time for celebration."  George Floyd died 9 days ago and people are still rioting. With this thought process of a mere infant that Wildcard possess, I hope you all will be able to play the Crystal Isles before Genesis Part 2 comes out. 

@Wildcard horrible decision, you should have not chosen to do this. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1