A Message from Studio Wildcard

StudioWildcard

The ark devs have and will always be a joke of a developer team, at least admit you werent ready to release the new map (as you havent even been able to put out a trailer yet...) Using the current situation in thr US as an excuse to delay your update is pathetic. Guess you wont be killing your 5 year track record of delayed updates and DLC anytime soon. 

• Like 2

This is not the right way to inform players 3 hours from the date of “good things are coming” you guys should’ve announced this when everything was kicking off. Not at all happy an neither will the many other players that play. You left us in the dark, don’t be surprised when a protest is held infront of HQ. Black lives matter! Most people use gaming as a scapegoat from reality just saying.. by the way you still got mesh problems to work on your new map genesis, bet that won’t be addressed till the latest date possible or after everyone eats mesh wipe from the map. -American citizen

3 hours ago, meekrat said:

This is such a BS excuse. Delaying this release has absolutely nothing to do with what is going on in the US at the moment. This is utter BS excuse

Agreed, I fully understand that there is a lot going on right now but changing the event date and release dates of things won’t change or help anything in regards to what’s going on in the world outside this game. Yes it is a tough and sad time, and I’m sure we all get that, and celebrations aren’t ideal right now, but it’s like a birthday, you don’t just not celebrate a birthday because something in the world has occurred. Anyway I guess there are pros and cons to this, personally it’s a bit disappointing.

Stay safe guys.

3 hours ago, meekrat said:

This is such a BS excuse. Delaying this release has absolutely nothing to do with what is going on in the US at the moment. This is utter BS excuse

I agree, I was already telling my friends there are no need to stress they should wait till Saturday as the game will most likely be delayed, but now it is a whole week!!!!! Then to go as far as using the current new News feed block buster after Covid-19 to justify the delay is unreal. #AllLivesMatter

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, norkalli said:

I stand in solidarity with black people. Ark players are primarily white and it's about time we experience some dissapointments, setbacks and letdowns so we can feel the pain experienced by African Americans. I support the event/new map being postponed until racial disparity is 100% solved in the US and abroad. Black Lives Matter

Lol bro your plain racist 

• Like 5

*heavy sarcasm and jokes incoming, please dont take it seriously and have a laugh*

Wildcard team wants to fulfill our wishes. They are out there for a week now, rioting with others, just because they want to loot that brand new hardware to improve server stability. Ofc they didnt have time to finish new map when they have to fight off hundreds of people looting the store.

They gonna grab those expensive graphic cards and full HD or 4k monitors so they can provide us with dope screenshots and gameplay videos. Idk how can you not see this. We will get a 5x rates to loot and stash all resources from the map and the dinos will be in black and white colors, dont you worry.

Now on a serious note:

Wildcard isnt the only company announcing this. I guess they hopped on the solidarity train and do as other game studios have done - so no-one can point a finger on them for ignoring whats happening.

Why are you so impatient, just so you can have some new bugs and glitches to whine about and spam how incompetent they are? Cyberpunk was delayed by 6 months this year and no-one bats an eye. Wildcard pushes back the release of a FREE map for a week and everybody looses their minds.

For me - yea sure, I dont mind. Whats the difference? I dont really care if I get the map this or the next week, I got plenty of things to do in ark even without it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, anderking said:

u know saying black lives matter is kinda racist touching this to kids would make them think other races dont matter how about all lives matter

#alllivesmatter #realequality #togetherasone #screwsupremacy    Yes @anderking that is the right way of thinking to a solution!  @norkalli take some lessons on tact and equality from this person. Wording is everything!

So, if Wildcard delays something for a good cause is not ok, but if Sony does it is ok?

People... Seriously? This doesn't matter if you live in US or Europe (like me)? Again, are you serious? Racism is a world wide issue and these comments are a proof! 

Stop being selfish kids. A game is not more important than what's happening now. 

Wildcard, you have my support. I always appreciate what do you do for the others and I indeed wondered how come you didn't joined the cause yet while other dev houses have done it. Then I read this news and I feel better because I expected that it was going to happen. 

I wait for crystal isles release  and meanwhile I hope that everything in America ends in the best way. 

Cheers!

Edited by MayaPatch
  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

I hate to say it, but ark was released a while ago, and like most ppl say, they allways delay releases, so i dont understand why ppl make plans for the 1st date they announce and then get upset that they delay. shouldnt everyone know better and stop changing plans in real life because of games? yes they are delaying ... AGAIN... but once again, is not the first time this happens, better delay and release it fully working then releasing now. Is not the first time this happens, wont be the last. Even other companies delay games.

If after all this years with all the delays we have, ppl still put important things on hold because of games, then , im sorry, i dont think wildcard is the one to blame.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, megaHammer said:

4 hours ago, IitsDestinyl said:
5 hours ago, norkalli said:

I stand in solidarity with black people. Ark players are primarily white and it's about time we experience some dissapointments, setbacks and letdowns so we can feel the pain experienced by African Americans. I support the event/new map being postponed until racial disparity is 100% solved in the US and abroad. Black Lives Matter

What does ark players being primarily white have to do with anything and where did you get that information also We have been experiencing let downs for the past 5 years with every event and map release but what does that have to do with the pain felt by African Americans

Umm I'm curious what let downs you're talking about. I followed ark since it was released in EA and they constantly added new stuff, almost every single week a sweet update came out with all kinds of new stuff. They're always adding new stuff making the game more interesting. 

Edited by pureelites
It added a 2nd quoted text I didn't mean to add

5 hours ago, megaHammer said:

I am so disappointed by everyone. There are literally people being murdered. Abused. Sentenced to jail because we are trying to change our country for the betterment of a race. So what they're not prepared to handle an event and also the release of a new map. Yeah, i get it. they're not on time like always. But take a look around in the world. Please. Can you not put yourself into someone else's shoes and have a little bit of faith? I guarantee you a lot of people would be saying the complete opposite if these things were supposed to be released on time. "how dare they when innocent people are rioting and being beaten"
This is an American based game. Ced is fighting the long fight. We are all ready for change. Get your heads out of your butts for just enough time to see that they're trying to be considerate.
Everyone's lives matter right now. You guys should be angry, but this is not the time or place to be.

Innocent people rioting? Those that are being arrested, deserve to be arrested for the BS. They're pulling right now. Protest, I think it's great but when you're rioting, you're hurting your cause. Near where I live these innocent rioters you're taking about, blocked traffic, when an uber driver tried to back out and get away, they got her out of her vehicle, best the crap out of her so bad she was hospitalized and they destroyed her vehicle, her way of making money and supporting her family.  I'm going to assume, since you believe these scum bag rioters are innocent, that she probably deserved it.  Most white people are not racist, most cops aren't racist. Most people are good, you just have a few bad apples making things worse for everyone, like that sausage head cop.   Anyone rioting deserves to have the sht beat out of them, maybe then they'll realize burning down your local businesses is about as stupid as it gets.  Like, how stupid are some people, thinking destroying people's livelihoods, businesses that employ a lot of these communities.  Here's a thank you for being a part of the community and supplying jobs, ima burn down your building.... Give me a break scum bags, I hope they bring in the military to handle it, most good Americans would support that, hell they'd probably jump in and help... I know I would. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4