A Message from Studio Wildcard

StudioWildcard

For once and probably this one time, even though I took days off for the release...I stand in complete agreement with you Wildcard. Thank you for that even if the gesture is received well you put that aside and took a stance for the relevancy of what the climate of the situation is. Thank you Wildcard for this difficult but bold decision.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To any of the Studio Wildcard team this might reach, I stand with your reasoning for postponing this celebration. There are more important things happening in this world that shouldn't be overshadowed by a video game event. Disregarding all the haters in the comments, good on you guys for making the right choice! I hope all you and yours are staying safe! #PositiveVibes #BlackLivesMatter #AllLivesMatter

BLM.jpg

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 5

50 minutes ago, norkalli said:

I stand in solidarity with black people. Ark players are primarily white and it's about time we experience some dissapointments, setbacks and letdowns so we can feel the pain experienced by African Americans. I support the event/new map being postponed until racial disparity is 100% solved in the US and abroad. Black Lives Matter

All lives matter. You idiot. Your helping the division..

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Facepalm 1

52 minutes ago, norkalli said:

I stand in solidarity with black people. Ark players are primarily white and it's about time we experience some dissapointments, setbacks and letdowns so we can feel the pain experienced by African Americans. I support the event/new map being postponed until racial disparity is 100% solved in the US and abroad. Black Lives Matter

are you comparing an event being moved to 100's of years of racism?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, norkalli said:

Dodo

I'm appalled at the hate thrown in the direction of Wildcard for doing this. 

Please allow me to point out a few things for those in the back who can't hear properly. 

1. The United States of America is at a pivitol moment of crises.  Wildcard, being based in the United States, has every right to take a step back to support the voices that need to be heard. To allow them to tell their story just as so many other forms of media are doing right now.  I for one respect that, shouldn't you? 

2. While yes the grass roots of this is Minneapolis (The U.S.) racism is NOT exclusive to that area nor our country. Protests are happening all over the world. 

3. Yes, all lives matter, but not all lives are treated equal, fair, or just and that is what #blacklivesmatter is about. You cannot say ALL lives matter when there are so many still being persecuted and treated unequally just for the color of their skin. 

4. Ark is a GAME. Although a game that I dearly love and have spent more hours than I truly care to admit playing it is just that, a game.  It is not real life so please don't make fantasy a greater deal than reality. The reality of the world around us right now. 

5. Many games have setbacks, push backs, glitches, broken elements, etc.  Being passionate about a game you love as we do ARK is good but negativity and hostility to those who make that game available to us is rather reduntant not to mention rude.  If you honestly have so much distaste for Wildcard then why are you still here? Instead of acting out like a child who cannot handle being disappointed once in a while may I suggest you grow up, get educated, and learn some compassion as well as understanding.  It might just make your life more bearable. 

To @complexminded and the entirity of the team at Wildcard:

I am proud of what you have built within this gaming community with ARK.  Be proud of what you've done and what you continue to. You deserve it! 

I applaud you for this decision in holding of until the 11th. A few more days of waiting is well worth showing solidarity for those who deserve it around the world right now. 

You have my gratitude, support, and admiration!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Facepalm 1

•  

• 1 hour ago

Given the situation in the US, and the rest of the world right now, we will be rescheduling the ARK in-game celebration until Thursday, June 11. We understand that our community has much anticipated the ARK in-game party and the launch of Crystal Isles, and we're looking forward to sharing all we have prepared for you next week. We felt it would be inappropriate to celebrate milestones during the present time as there are bigger things afoot, and that outweighs any plans we otherwise had. We believe now is the time to be respectful and hear the voices of others.

It is what it is.

Edited by Rio4201

"Given the situation in the US" I fail to see how that causes a delay. Don't blame this on corona virus. To the best of my recollection you've never met an original deadline. It's not like I actually expected you to this time. Look you have a long history of not meeting original deadlines. So why lie to yourselves when you set one? For any new release thing you should just project 2 weeks further out then you actually expect. That way if your late; You're actually on time. If you're on time (as if that will ever happen); You're early. Win win.

Ok, here's another voice..... I hope you keep this next dead line. Racism will not end because we're humans and we can not see past pigments.... all lives matter. The cops were in the wrong and so to are the rioters. Also.... keeping people glued to their keyboards during this nonsense....that's a good thing cause now people are freed up to join that s***show. The world is a powder keg..... Glitter I Cant Even GIF by Hannah Nance

Edited by SeleneVerona
secondary thought
  • Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, anderking said:

u know saying black lives matter is kinda racist touching this to kids would make them think other races dont matter how about all lives matter

Trying to point that out to anyone on the left is like trying to explain concepts of astro-physics to a mouse. It might be as simple as water is wet to you but they'll just never get it.

• Like 2

Once AGAIN , Wildcard has failed in keeping their word. Really doesn't surprise me at all, But really lame they had to use current events that are happening as an excuse to delay it. The even't would in no way change what's going on at all (other than maybe take peoples minds off of the current events for a while).  

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Cowl said:

Wow the people here, most companies are doing this atm to help in their own way, a 1 week delay is not a big issue at all 

And this is not just about the USA, there are protests in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the UK, Germany, France etc 

Are you new here? The Ark community prides itself on being the most toxic on the planet.

Noone is fooled by this. The extreme vague language this message uses to refuse showing support one way or another -- thousands of other companies have done it, for whatever that's worth -- only leads us to think that this is just an attempt to hide that, once again, you couldn't deliver on time. The dirty little secret is that, when someone does something for a political reason (and there's little as political than the current events), they tend to, you know, make a political statement.
I promise you this : Ark will never upstage any worldwide event. Or nationwide. Or local. I mean, it's not even the most important thing happening in my living room. Rest assured that meeting deadlines will offend noone.

• Facepalm 1