Single player Dinos

Single player Dinos

Hi!

I was wondering, when I play singleplayer, how do i make it where i can kill dinos?

For example, today i tried killing a dodo. I couldn't. it was a very low level. 20 i think. i hit it with an axe about 50 times.

If anybody could help me, that would be great. 

I just need to know whether I should be able to kill dinos in singleplayer, or not, and if so how to change it to where i can.

Thanks!!

On 6/3/2020 at 7:04 PM, TheEclipseee said:

Are the dinos getting bloody (as an indicator of low health)? By default, unless you've turned player damage way down, or dino damage resistance way up, you should be able to. Have you changed either of those settings?

The Dinos are getting bloody, but never seem to die. You K\know how parasaurs are supposed to run away when damaged?? NOPE. There were a lot nearby. I found a level 1 parasaur, so i tried to kill it. it didnt do anthing, it just sat there taking damage from me. it never died though and i am so confused.

6 minutes ago, ScoutTheLookout said:

Okay. So, I checked the stats of the ark, and player damage is set to 3.00, and Dino resistance is set to 0.00 . I dont know why, but when i play that same ark on my Xbox, i kill dodos with about 2 hits with my axe, and parasaur are terrified of me. HELP!!! 

That dino resistance is what'll be doing it. 1 is the default- Set it to that and see how that goes. 

As for playing the same Ark on Xbox, I don't know how transferring between- I'm guessing PC?- to console works, but I'd guess that you're only transferring the Ark save file, not the Config files, since the settings aren't stored in the save file itself.

Yeah it's a titled a little backwards, it sounds like it's giving the dinos no resistance- But, if memory serves (it's been a while since I last fiddled with that setting), it actually takes the damage otherwise dealt and multiplies it by that value. So in this scenario, it takes the damage taken and multiplies it by 0, and you get 0 damage as a result. And of course inversely, a higher value (above 1) is what'll make them take more damage.

Archived