Backup save dedicated server

Backup save dedicated server

Hello, 

I'm running a dedicated server on PC (windows store version) and playing with friends on Xbox.

Since my SSD is a little short on storage size, I've installed the game on my secondary drive.

On this drive, I can find the WindowsApp folder, containing the game itself, and another folder named Wpsystem and containing my ark saved game with the following path:

D:\WpSystem\xxxx\Appdata\Local\Packages\

And then the studiowildcard folders with the saved games in localstate\saved\maps

Problem is, when I try to copy any of these folders elsewhere (same drive or other drive, it gives me an error saying "your organisation doesn't allow you to place this file here". 

So I've tried to copy a file individually, let's say "Genesis.ark".

I can copy this file elsewhere but it says that I'm trying to copy this file to a destination that doesn't allow file encryption, and ask if I'm willing to continue anyway.

First of all, I've hosted another dedicated server on my previous computer (game was installed on my main hard drive), and never heard of any encryption. Backups were fine and I could rollback when needed.

In this present case with encryption, I don't know if I'm able to restore a previous save, and it is kind of risky since I absolutely do not want to loose all data.

I've checked my appdata folder on my main SSD drive, but the only folder containing data is "Packages\studioWildcard_xxx\SystemAppData". The other folders on studiowildcard_xxx seems to be shortcut to my other hard drive, including the content in the LocalState folder. So when I try to copy the studiowildcard_xxx folder, my saved games doesn't copy. Only the content in SystemAppData folder.

Anyone else had this issue or know what I could do to make proper copy of my saved ark files?

If I wasn't clear enough I can provide screenshots. 

Thank you very much for helping, fellow survivors

Archived