Disappointing RNG

Disappointing RNG

So I'm trying to start a X Yuty line and have been hunting stats for 2 weeks so far.

Early base line isn't bad. Found a 7k wild hp that gave me 9.4k and a 1680 stam that gave me 2100. 

Hunting the 2 days ago and I found a 140 female with 1932 stam. Excited I killed everything in the area and knocked it out. No GPS so I checked map, super snowy area,  and go for the kibble. I lost where U ko'd it but found it after 2 hours. Killed everything in the area and ko'd it again. Gave it the kibble, perfect taming effectiveness. It stood up with 2184 stam...6 freaking levels out of 69. 

That's worse than the 145, 704 wild weight Argy that got 8 freaking levels rolled (768 wt). 

What are some of your memorable awful rolls?

40 minutes ago, Likeitis said:

X mosasaur wild lvl140, stood up with 13k health (lvl 209). ??

The same lvl could get 20k if lucky, so i was a bit frustrated ?

And how do you know what it could get? There is 72 different possibilities it could get from taming. Its all rng unless you have average statistics to give you probabilities.

Just now, Luewen said:

And how do you know what it could get? There is 72 different possibilities it could get from taming. Its all rng unless you have average statistics to give you probabilities.

Yes, i always check dododex, type my wild lvl, check what lvl it becomes post tame. 

So a lvl 140 like i tamed, turned 209 with kibble. The 'chance' of getting 30points in one stat is fairly common, but around 20points for a lvl 140 i think is very low, even with rng.

6 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Disappointing RNG
So I'm trying to start a X Yuty line and have been hunting stats for 2 weeks so far.
Early base line isn't bad. Found a 7k wild hp that gave me 9.4k and a 1680 stam that gave me 2100.
Hunting the 2 days ago and I found a 140 female with 1932 stam. Excited I killed everything in the area and knocked it out. No GPS so I checked map, super snowy area,  and go for the kibble. I lost where U ko'd it but found it after 2 hours. Killed everything in the area and ko'd it again. Gave it the kibble, perfect taming effectiveness. It stood up with 2184 stam...6 freaking levels out of 69.
That's worse than the 145, 704 wild weight Argy that got 8 freaking levels rolled (768 wt). 

What are some of your memorable awful rolls?

Happened to me today...Im on 0.2 difficulty {lvl 45 is the highest dino tamed thus far} in SE and we are getting the wyvern army together. Snagged 5 eggs today, lvl 32, 30, 38, 38, and a 40.....Thought for sure Id gotten a good one with that lvl 40, but when the egg popped, it had less than 1000 health, and 350 stamina. 128% melee.....but it had 280 oxygen and 4000 food. x.x

The level 32 seemed to be best of the bunch, 2800 health, 156% melee, 380 stamina. 

srsly? w mutha tf???

18 hours ago, Likeitis said:

Yes, i always check dododex, type my wild lvl, check what lvl it becomes post tame. 

So a lvl 140 like i tamed, turned 209 with kibble. The 'chance' of getting 30points in one stat is fairly common, but around 20points for a lvl 140 i think is very low, even with rng.

Its actually pretty common. Average is 20 to 25 points. When you get 5 to 10 points to stat is uncommon. I have tamed 150 dino with one stat getting 3 points from full 72 to taming levels. That is rare.

Archived