PC: Single Player recipe cooking is broken!

PC: Single Player recipe cooking is broken!

I only just started the game, about 50 hours, level 50-something, on Island.  

How is this mechanic still broken.  I've read numerous posts and reports from other people with the exact same issue.  Nothing works in the cooking pot.  I've watched over a dozen videos, yet, not one, goes through the basic process, step-by-step, of cooking a recipe.  I've tried numerous ways to get this to work and the ingredients just rot away in the pot.

IF the big aspect behind this game is taming, then how do they have time to put out DLCs and can't fix a basic mechanic like recipe cooking, which is borderline needed for taming, especially in single player.

If someone wants to give a specific step by step process, by all means go ahead, otherwise, I've pretty much wasted money, when an integral part of the system is non-existent.

Ark PS4 Single player here, as far as I know cooking is not broken so heres your step by step: considering you havent mentioned what your cooking, ill presume its kibble. Also I set my cooking pot near water for ease of access (point 2 - 4)

• Cooking pot requires fuel, I would use thatch rather than wood as wood becomes charcoal, which is Prioritised for making dye, same with sparkpowder. Ensure you have enough fuel for all crafts as recipe will fail if fuel runs out.
  • Secondly all recipes require 100 water, this will drain all containers that you use. Even though glass jars and canteens hold more than this, it will drain them(single use) if there is no water present the recipe will not progress/cook
  • I always have two filled water skins in the pot, so that as 1 gets used the other will provide the water keeping the progress continually going. When 1 cycle is completed it will produce an empty waterskin and 1 recipe.
  • Take the water skin and fill it up in the water, put it back in the pot.
  • Ensure you have the correct ingredients that the recipe needs, also there was a Kibble rework a while back, so make sure you are using a kibble recipe that has been updated. I would use https://ark.gamepedia.com/Kibble or dododex for these.
  • Enjoy the slow craft time and wish you were lv 89 where the industrial cooker can be made and hooked up to irrigation system allowing for set and forget recipes

51 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

There isnt really much to say about cooking recipes like Kibbles. Bang all the ingrediants in the pot, make sure it has water and light the fire. What exactly are you attempting to cook ?

That exact thing.   Now that i have shadowplay working ill record it so everyone can see it does nothing.

47 minutes ago, Tomm1e1 said:

Ark PS4 Single player here, as far as I know cooking is not broken so heres your step by step: considering you havent mentioned what your cooking, ill presume its kibble. Also I set my cooking pot near water for ease of access (point 2 - 4)

•  
  •  
  • Ensure you have the correct ingredients that the recipe needs, also there was a Kibble rework a while back, so make sure you are using a kibble recipe that has been updated. I would use https://ark.gamepedia.com/Kibble or dododex for these.

that's the recipe i was using....

2 hours ago, FlagrantVagrant said:

If someone wants to give a specific step by step process, by all means go ahead, otherwise, I've pretty much wasted money, when an integral part of the system is non-existent.

1) It's fairly common to forget an ingredient for recipes and then wonder why they aren't cooking, the most common ingredient to forget is waterskins or water jars. This is something that has happened to most of the players in the game at some point, are you certain that you're including all of the ingredients?

2) Are you running any mods on your single player setup, if so which ones?

3) If you want, we can help you double-check that you have everything you need. If you're still stuck please tell use what you're making and list the ingredients you're using.

IF you are making kibble and it isn't named exceptional, basic, simple..... then u are making the wrong kibbles.  You can't make Rex kibble, or parasaur kibble anymore.  Of course, the thread here is still waiting for clear info. 

This is the type thread I call post bait.  The OP in these cases generally has no post count.  They are trying to get access to the trading forums, so they post something that lacks pertinent details that would help the conversation quickly clear up the issue raised. 

55 minutes ago, FlagrantVagrant said:

shadow play doens't work with ARK so youll just have to take my word for it.

YOu again still fail at bringing to light what exactly you are trying to make.  WHich kibble, is it a player made recipe, is it a recipe you got off an animal in game.  YOu could do the basic minimum and give us the info we need to tell you what you are doing wrong.  

This last post here was a pure opportunity to do so, and you still can't tell us what you are trying to make.  Hence, you are most likely just a troll if you can't do it.

Tell us exactly, what are you trying to make.

IT shouldn't be this hard to describe what you are trying to make and what you are putting in the cooking pot to do it.

Now that I'm allowed to post again....Full story....

Originally found Enduro stew.  Knowing nothing about cooking anything but meat on a campfire, I gave it a try.  The recipe itself a bit mystic in the amounts, resulted in nothing being produced, regardless of amount of ingredients I put in.  Since the game gives extremely little information about cooking, i did what a good player does and exited out of the game to research what the heck is going on, because that's how games are played these days.

Watched over a dozen videos about enduro stew and only one came remotely close on how to actually cook it.  In that same video they talked about kibble.  DILO is kibble.  I saw no mention of kibble in the game.  So I did what a good player does and research something in the game that the game never mentioned.

Lo and behold, bunches of kibble recipes that could aid in taming dinos!  That's cool.  

So I gave up on Enduro stew for something basic.  Like BASIC KIBBLE!!!!!!!!

After numerous attempts, nothing happened no matter the amounts or how long I waited.

So I posted here.  Then was unable to post anymore since I'm new and limited to how much i can post.

While I was unable to post further, I did the following.

Broke down the cooking pot, logged out completely, relogged in to my single player game.  Then decided to not cook at that base and went to another base to the west near the obelisk on The Island.  Set up a new cooking pot, inserted all the same ingredients, except I just put in more of each ingredient just to cover the the ones that would spoil during cooking.  And PRESTO, it worked, and got 4 with what I had in the pot.

So now i tried Enduro stew, again, putting in more ingredients than required for just one.  This time it only made one, regardless of the amounts placed in the pot, it wouldn't make more.  At this point I stopped because an enormous amount of time had been wasted on something that amounted to very little.

During my travel to the west end base, my raft started going backwards and strafing side to side.  Turns out the dino on the raft was 6" too close to me, once i moved him closer to the side the raft worked as it should.

So this game is wrought with glitches of all sorts.

Take it for what it's worth.  Does the cooking work?  Yes, to some degree, but there is a mysterious combination of quantity of ingredients that will and won't work.   Even if you have more than you need it doesn't seem to always register.

The end.

Each one takes 1 skin of water, you need to keep filling up water skins and adding them into the cooking pot to replace the newly empty ones.

This process is made trivial once you are able to make an industrial cooker.  It is directly connected to the water and you will no longer have to add water.

You are correct in some of the recipes you pick up from drops do not match in amounts, but there is a better source, dododex.  You can install the app on your phone or browse the website.

Archived