Tamed Argy question

Redhawk05

On 6/2/2020 at 2:26 PM, Redhawk05 said:

Tamed Argy question

I got knocked off my Argy in the Redwoods by a microraptor, and killed.  If my Argy is on neutral, and he's attacked, will he fly away if his health gets too low, or fight to the death?

There was a level 50 Alpha Carno right nearby. 

If you are alive, any animal on Neutral will keep fighting anything that's trying to attack you.

If you die, an animal on Neutral will stop fighting if the attacker leaves them alone. If an animal attacks them they will then continue fighting to the death.

Example 1:

Your example - microraptors only attack riders, so once the microraptor killed you the argy and the microraptor stopped fighting. I'm betting that the microraptor killed you too quickly for the argy to dive down and join the fight, which means that the instant you died the microraptor became peaceful again and the instant the microraptor became peaceful your argy decided there was nothing to fight anymore.

Example 2:

If the attacker was something like a Thylacoleo, and if the argy was low to the ground where the thyla could reach it, then the thyla would turn around and attack your argy which would cause your argy to fight to the death.

Example 3:

When the microraptor killed you, any predator that could reach the argy might attack it, and since the argy was on Neutral it would fight to the death. Considering that most microraptors attack at a low altitude (unless you fly underneath one that is up in a tree) then your argy would probably be close the ground when you died which means any aggressive carnivore like a rex, carno, raptor, etc. might attack your argy and it would fight to the death. It all depends on how high off the ground your argy was hovering when you died.

The basic rules to remember are:

* most carnivores will attack tamed animals even when there is no player nearby. This applies to any tamed animal, both ground and air animals.

* most herbivores will not attack a tamed animal.

There are some exceptions, of course. A few animals, like microraptors, will attack players but will not attack tamed animals that are not being ridden (I'm pretty sure a microraptor will completely ignore any non-mounted animals, even if the microraptor is wandering around the map and gets close to them).

A few animals (like dire bears) will ignore players and mounts at all times, unless they happen to wander to close and then they'll attack.

Archived