Dino’s to tame at a low level

ArkProGamer

Dino’s to tame at a low level

I think lots of people want to know what should I take at a low level this guide can help you out both long term and short term I will put (long) like this for long term and (short) for short term but anyway here are 10 Dino’s to tame at a low level (keep in mind that others may disagree with this list)

10 Moschops(Long)

Now some of you may be thinking why a Moschops I need rare resources and you are right but also wrong in a way. Moschops ask for different things to tame and are hard to get at a low level but it is a long term tame depending on your play style (unless you play on mobile because you can’t ride them but are still a good thing to get) you can find Moschops asking for rare flowers or raw prime fish meat(I think it’s raw i don’t really know)but that’s not the Moschops your looking for you are looking for a Moschops that wants the purple berry’s(idk how to spell there name so I’m not going to try)it may be hard to find but Moschops can gather lots of resources including Fiber which is very important to craft lots of items in the game like flak Armor(in primitive + it is called iron Armor instead of flak Armor)and saddles I estimate you are going to need 200Million Fiber to complete the game so if you have a Moschops you won’t need to make the Sickle.

9 Trike(short)

Again some of you may be thinking why the trike he will destroy me and you are right he will destroy you but if tamed will pay off because the trike now has the ability to make the player or Dino go slower similar to the dilos venom but you can still see(you will also see yellow if hit by the attack)the trike will charge the attack and chase the player but the attack doesn’t last until it hits but I would recommend shooting it from high ground with a sling shot(or a bow if you some tranc arrows)but don’t shot him in the because it dose less damage which means less torpor when hit.

8 Raptor(long)

good luck trying to tame this Dino at a low level but it is possible if you use a bola on it and shot it with a slingshot(if you have a few tranc arrows use them on the raptor but don’t waste them all since they are unlocked at level 21)bolas do work on raptors and will pay off very well(keep it alive as long as possible since they are fast and can jump on Dino’s smaller then it)i think it is a useful tame since it can jump on Dino’s smaller then it which makes the Dino unable to attack the raptor.

7 Lystrosaurus(long)

This Innocent innocent creature is very useful even on the mobile version when Dino’s are doing nothing Because the Lystrosaurus has the ability to boost the rate of the speed xp is given to Dino’s(the ability doesn’t work on players)it isn’t a big boost but it is useful for Low level pteranodons or a few dimorphodons even a T-Rex but I think the ability works best on Dino’s in a pack since it has a large area of effect and last for 10 minutes or so.

6 pteranodons(long)(short)

surprised I thought so but it is very easy to tame a pteranodon if a bola is used and can fly which means you can kill those birds that eat everything I mean they eat everything including guns But if you have a pteranodon you can easily kill them and since they are easy to tame they can be used to transport metal if you have a few pteranodons but be careful if doing it because pteradons can’t carry much weight so I would recommend upgrading their weight, health and stamina if used for this purpose.

5 pachy(short) 

I know what you are thinking why this useless creature but to tell you the truth they are useful because they can add torpor with there second attack but I don’t recommend using the pachy to knock out big things like trikes or carbonemys because of the low health the pachy has but still is useful in its own way.

4 sarco(long)

you thought a raptor was dangerous enough how about a sarco. Sarcos are very hard to tame I recommend going for a low levels at first but it is possible to tame a high level sarco at a low level if trying to do this make sure it is not in the water because it is faster in water but it is slow on land and you can out run with default speed if It is on land I think a good strategy to do this at a low level is to shoot it with a slingshot(or tranc arrows)then run away from it if it is close. 

3 Ankylo(long)(short)

the Ankylo is a good at gathering metal since it has less weight in an Ankylo inventory but it dose have low weight and health so I recommend upgrading them and also try to find an Ankylo by it self because if you attack an Ankylo when it is near other Ankylo’s the other Ankylo’s will also attack you I recommend to use them when the have good stats so you can bring mor metal back and metal is useful.

2 Ichthyosaurus(long)

the only water Dino on this lost The Ichthyosaurus or the dolphin as some people like to call it but this thing is a good Dino for getting oil and oil is very useful not more useful then metal but it is useful to craft gasoline which acts as Fuel for most things. the reason why the Ichthyosaurus is at number 2 is because of the speed it has I don’t think you should change it but this is my opinion but I recommend upgrading its weight, health, stamina and Melee damage to be able to bring back more oil and to have a better ability to defend you from all those Megalodon’s down there. 

1 dimorphodon(long)(short)

these things are just very good for home defence and raiding I can’t say how much I love these things but you are going to need a lot of them to defend your home of take them raiding and also keep in mind that dimorphodons are in packs(I don’t know if they are all ways in packs but in my experience that was the case)but if you have 2 dimorphodons with good states breed them and make a little army of them but this is what I do when I get 2 good dimorphodons 

I hope this guide helps you all out but plz keep in mind that this is my opinion and others may disagree with me but I believe that these Dino’s well help you out at a low level but all these Dino’s can be used for other purposes then what I have typed but any thank you all for reading this and I hope this is helpful

Just my thoughts and opinions on this list:

10. ... I estimate you are going to need 200Million Fiber to complete the game so if you have a Moschops you won’t need to make the Sickle.

10. Moschops is good for gathering enough fiber when starting out, but before the time u complete the game u should have tamed a theri for gathering fiber as they do it much better, a moschops isn't going to get u the fiber u need for high quality saddles fast enough.

9. The trike also has a decent knockback that can protect it from even alpha raptors as long as u timed the attack and has enough stamina and damage to kill it so it doesn't get koed from attacking too long, helping early players to get some decent loot and xp early on.

6. Pteranodons are also useful for luring the specific argy u want to tame into a nearby trap if u have one.

5. To me taming pachys are useless, anything u can ko with the pachy u can do it on your own with tranq arrows.

4. I feel that baryonyx would be easier to tame, as they can also be bola-ed and only need fish meat to tame. Once tamed they also have a stun attack useful for stunning mantas and sharks( even alpha ones), making the fight easier.

3. Ankylos dont need that high weight once u have an argy, just have it lvled in weight and carry the anky from node to node.

To me, the best tames you can get are the ones that you can either ride right away, or you can get a saddle for. If I was able to get a sadle for a yuty at lvl 1, that would be the animal I would tame up. Even though I would die miserably multiple times trying to get it. XD

But seriously tho, it can also depend on the map you are playing on. While trying to tame a wolf on the island is suicidal due to the cold killing the crap out of you before anything else, taming a wolf on SE should be you first priority {bola's + forget me stick}.

See the source image

On 6/2/2020 at 2:55 AM, ArkProGamer said:

10 Moschops(Long)

Now some of you may be thinking why a Moschops I need rare resources and you are right but also wrong in a way. Moschops ask for different things to tame and are hard to get at a low level but it is a long term tame depending on your play style (unless you play on mobile because you can’t ride them but are still a good thing to get) you can find Moschops asking for rare flowers or raw prime fish meat(I think it’s raw i don’t really know)but that’s not the Moschops your looking for you are looking for a Moschops that wants the purple berry’s(idk how to spell there name so I’m not going to try)it may be hard to find but Moschops can gather lots of resources including Fiber which is very important to craft lots of items in the game like flak Armor(in primitive + it is called iron Armor instead of flak Armor)and saddles I estimate you are going to need 200Million Fiber to complete the game so if you have a Moschops you won’t need to make the Sickle.

I think Moschops should be short term because later on therizino is way better for fiber.

I mostly agree with your list, though there are a few spots that have alternatives.

Raptor and Wolves can be pretty interchangeable when it comes to a pack tame, I personally mix the two xD

Moschops is more of a medium tame, they are replaced by Theriz. The time it takes to tame one really depends on how much you are willing to farm. I try to get on this as soon as I can. 

Pachy & Horse are pretty interchangeable tbh, I personally prefer horse because they are easier to tame lol.

Sarco is a decent tame, but in that place I usually go for a Baryonyx. They become pretty permanent  in my arsenal once I start breeding.

Depending on map, Ptera are a permanent tame for me, gotta get them wyvern eggs.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived