Can we build at Island Underwater caves? PVE

IcaroWaisman

Are we allowed to build at island underwater resource caves without violating the code of conduct? Im asking here cause didn't find info at it, and saw at many servers the tribes like to build there to hatch eggs safely, or to grow babies due to stasis advantage, since its a place so far from other players. I know all caves have an explorer note, so its possible to build there without problems, obviously allowing access to explorer notes? 

ps: PVE official servers

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, IcaroWaisman said:

Are we allowed to build at island underwater resource caves without violating the code of conduct? Im asking here cause didn't find info at it, and saw at many servers the tribes like to build there to hatch eggs safely, or to grow babies due to stasis advantage, since its a place so far from other players. I know all caves have an explorer note, so its possible to build there without problems, obviously allowing access to explorer notes? 

ps: PVE official servers

Yes, players are allowed to build in there. Except for some explorer notes there is no artifact in there, so it doesn't prevent anyone from progressing.

• 8 months later...
On 6/2/2020 at 12:48 AM, invincibleqc said:

Yes, players are allowed to build in there. Except for some explorer notes there is no artifact in there, so it doesn't prevent anyone from progressing.

thank you so much.. I've been looking for an answer to this question for days now. I had placed some foundations apart from one another in an attempt to claim the underwater pearl cave for a base to build, since the PVE server I'm on is pretty full on land.. It seems all the players use this server to breed.. and come from other server's and the Lag is not there as much In the cave. I was unsure if the reason why my foundations auto decay but still let me spawn on the bed but afterwards was destroyed was because the Ark dev's implemented something to prevent building here.. but that wasn't really making sense since my pillar's and ladders were still untouched.  but thank you I'll go move my base now to my new home!

• Volunteer Moderator
33 minutes ago, Marvelftw said:

I was unsure if the reason why my foundations auto decay

If your foundations were not snapped, then they auto-decayed after 12 hours. For the same reason you need to snap a ladder to your pillar, you need to snap something to your foundations. You can hold H (or whatever button that toggle the extended hud on consoles) to see if they are considered lone structures or not.

On 2/27/2021 at 9:37 PM, invincibleqc said:

If your foundations were not snapped, then they auto-decayed after 12 hours. For the same reason you need to snap a ladder to your pillar, you need to snap something to your foundations. You can hold H (or whatever button that toggle the extended hud on consoles) to see if they are considered lone structures or not.

ahhh yes this is exactly what happened then, I only had 1 foundation placed along the walls by themselves spaced out.. and the pillars had ladders on them, so they stayed but foundation with a bed no walls or ceiling didn't stay either. I'll go build now knowing the cave itself isn't the reason for why my structures decay.. I didn't want to throw my base up go offline and then log on to everything gone! thanks :) 

Archived