Anyone Knows anything about mods coming to console?

Dragovitc

Would like to know the source as you stated you heard from someone that they are coming from console, maybe loadedcrysis maybe, the king of clickbait youtube ark :) ?  Devs never stated that mods are coming to console.  In order for them to console they would first have to build them into the game menu to load and thus would easier build wise to make them part of the game like they did for the few things they added from s plus which was a miniscule amount from that mod.  Secondly Microsoft would have to allow a system of updates from their end to be uploaded by mod authors which won't happen, you would have to have a mod in its finished state which many are not and thus as well Ark would have to be stable in updates not to break said mods.

This is a small reason why console does not have mods for Ark.

2 hours ago, ehuhoser said:

Would like to know the source as you stated you heard from someone that they are coming from console, maybe loadedcrysis maybe, the king of clickbait youtube ark :) ?  Devs never stated that mods are coming to console.  In order for them to console they would first have to build them into the game menu to load and thus would easier build wise to make them part of the game like they did for the few things they added from s plus which was a miniscule amount from that mod.  Secondly Microsoft would have to allow a system of updates from their end to be uploaded by mod authors which won't happen, you would have to have a mod in its finished state which many are not and thus as well Ark would have to be stable in updates not to break said mods.

This is a small reason why console does not have mods for Ark.

Yeah, the double approval process is kinda mind numbing and truly limits the amount of games that offer mods to begin with. But with that said, its not entirely impossible. Fallout 4 was quite a bit of fun with custom radio stations in the pip boy, extra décor, and weapon mods.....honestly as good as some of the stuff in S plus is, I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to revisit some of the equipment and decors in the next year or so. Maybe even as a special little bump for next gen console.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2020 at 3:00 AM, wizard03 said:

I wish they would let loose some mods. Honestly I wish I had more options to housing décor. Granted the trophy mounts are a nice touch, but it feels weird when I got to put a wooden chair into the metal or tech base. Like come on, cant I have a kick ass lamp, couch, and maybe a coffee pot to dispense stimulant?

?? BRO! chill out its a survival game your goal is to get out of that island but the mods i was thinking that if they add the option to enable the stack mod or S+ that would be very helpful

Archived