Saw a guys base with 100's of fert deinonychus eggs

Doge773

I was flying around Valguero and before someone's base rendered I saw absolutely tons, maybe up to 400 deinonychus eggs, fertilised, but there were only like 6 deins by such eggs. 

The way the eggs were positioned looked like the deins had no mating cooldown whatsoever and were able to spit out fert eggs constantly 

May I mention - it's a sort of deino breeding house, with only 6 deinos, therefore I doubt he got 400 eggs, then decided to mate them 

Anyone know how this is possible???? 

Deino eggs spoil like wyverns eggs. So that means they have very long spoil timer. I have just 1 male and 2 fems thats on breeding all the time and get a few hundreds egg, but once i pick them up half of them spoil. 
But i only use the eggs for kibble because you can use fert deinoeggs to make the highest tier of kibble.

Just now, Castlerock said:
2 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:
They don't lose health, deino exclusive, and take extreme temperatures to hatch. These are functions of the eggs hatching in the wild orginally.

Not just deinos, dont forget about wyverns and rock drakes.

They spoil though. You pick them up they spoil in your inventory they just don't decay in the short time frame other dino eggs do. Deino eggs don't spoil or lose egg health. That's the difference.

1 hour ago, ArkRage said:

But shouldn't the egg health deteriorate to 0, or possibly hatch?

if that happened, then you wouldn't be able to pick up the wild eggs.  Eggs that spawn in nests that we steal for raising, can't just go bad, so they are exempt from the despawning after being left out, since the game itself leaves them out.   It won't incubate if the temperature isn't right, so it will just sit and slowly decay as if it was in a refrigerator, only a refrigerator extends that time and since it's not in one, that decay timer will be as if u left the egg in a regular storage box.  Notice when you put them in there , they last a week or 2, i forgot the exact amount of time.

If you picked up all those eggs, you would see some were about to disappear and others have a day or so left, while the freshest ones will have plenty of time before decay.

It's an easy way to get eggs for kibble and keeps you from having to refrigerate all the eggs until you make it into kibble.  Problem with it is, all those eggs out sucks up CPU time on the server and eats away at performance.

5 minutes ago, ArkRage said:

That's interesting. I never knew this haha. I'm gonna set mine to mate constantly. ?

it would be best if you just did it until you got enough to make the kibble you need and then store them after.  If everyone does this, the server becomes a nightmare and the huge bases become a minor inconvenience compared to all the dein eggs that are out on the map.

I wouldn't put it past WC to declare this type of egg farm griefing and start wiping out these kinds of egg farms if they are left unmaintained, meaning not turned to kibble in a reasonable amount of time.  (and I'd kinda have to agree w/ them on it)

12 hours ago, Doge773 said:

I was flying around Valguero and before someone's base rendered I saw absolutely tons, maybe up to 400 deinonychus eggs, fertilised, but there were only like 6 deins by such eggs. 

The way the eggs were positioned looked like the deins had no mating cooldown whatsoever and were able to spit out fert eggs constantly 

May I mention - it's a sort of deino breeding house, with only 6 deinos, therefore I doubt he got 400 eggs, then decided to incubate them all at once

Anyone know how this is possible???? 

Its not uncommon for me to log in and find 8 or 10 under my females if I forget to turn off breeding, but 400 from six, wow

Archived