Rex Spawn Help

Cordiste

Rex Spawn Help

Hey everyone,

first of all, thanks in advance for any help. I’ll try to make this short and sweet. I’m looking for ANY lvl Rex (Xbox one, solo, the island). I saw 2 on Carno island so I flew back to my shipyard near hidden lake, made a perfect taming raft, and when I got back, the two rexes were gone. I saw an alpha carno strolling around and thought maybe it had taken on the Rex with a few buddies and killed the two i was hoping to tame. So, I killed the alpha carno with my argy, killed many other carnos after that hoping they’d “make room” for more Rex spawns, but nothing happened. Only more carnos spawn, but no rexes. I know where I can find more in the mountains, but I’m all set up with my taming raft and want water access to the Rex. 

does anyone know what I could do to help them respawn on carno island? I used to see tons there but the minute I’m actually hunting them, they disappear.

I’ve done some digging around on the forums and such but haven’t found any truly useful information. 

• Volunteer Moderator
30 minutes ago, Cordiste said:

Rex Spawn Help

Hey everyone,

first of all, thanks in advance for any help. I’ll try to make this short and sweet. I’m looking for ANY lvl Rex (Xbox one, solo, the island). I saw 2 on Carno island so I flew back to my shipyard near hidden lake, made a perfect taming raft, and when I got back, the two rexes were gone. I saw an alpha carno strolling around and thought maybe it had taken on the Rex with a few buddies and killed the two i was hoping to tame. So, I killed the alpha carno with my argy, killed many other carnos after that hoping they’d “make room” for more Rex spawns, but nothing happened. Only more carnos spawn, but no rexes. I know where I can find more in the mountains, but I’m all set up with my taming raft and want water access to the Rex. 

does anyone know what I could do to help them respawn on carno island? I used to see tons there but the minute I’m actually hunting them, they disappear.

I’ve done some digging around on the forums and such but haven’t found any truly useful information. 

The only way I know is to keep killing stuff off, just not carnos, but other stuff also.  You want to keep the spawners working.

There are a couple of things you could do...

1. Keep wiping everything on carno island. I mean EVERYTHING. It’s just a matter of time before you get one to spawn in.

2. across from carno island there is a river. They can spawn along the river and just about anywhere around and between hidden lake and giga mountain. Just kite it with your argy back to the raft. 

3. there is another spawn across from herbie island and to the right. You can wipe that area as well to encourage a rex spawn.

The problem with rexes on carno island (or any dangerous area in general) is that they attack smaller creatures like argentavis and quickly get mobbed and eaten by groups of smaller Dino’s.  Those small Dino’s won’t aggro on a downed Rex though, so as long as you get the Rex away from the hoard you should be okay knocking it out on the less populated side of carno island.

Archived