Is ARK Coming to EpicGames for Free ? What will happen ?

On 6/2/2020 at 9:10 PM, ItWasntMe said:

They could I.P ban them, and before people say use a vpn that would be very slow

Lol a vpn is only slow if you are using some crappy free VPN from china. If you have a proper vpn in your region there won't be any difference whatsoever. Not to mention that depending on your internet provider, you may get a fresh IP every time you reset your router. IP bans are useless and don't work.

3 hours ago, Coltzz said:

Lol a vpn is only slow if you are using some crappy free VPN from china. If you have a proper vpn in your region there won't be any difference whatsoever. Not to mention that depending on your internet provider, you may get a fresh IP every time you reset your router. IP bans are useless and don't work.

hardware (mac id) bans are about as pointless as ip bans.  one can simply clone mac id's, use false mac id's to get past it.  that's nothing new either. swapping mac id's is about as difficult as swapping ip's.

to be perfectly honest, there is no 'fool proof' method to ban a person from the servers, the best a gaming company can do is ban the game key, and even then, as its been discussed on countless other threads for both ark and other games, all they do is go out and buy another copy.

Far as Epic free games go - all the games that have been made free on epic games to aquire have been done so with agreement from the gaming company who made the game, do you really think Snail games would give the game out for free to the world? that seems about as likely as me winning the lotto (when i don't buy lotto tickets).

• Volunteer Moderator
On 6/4/2020 at 4:18 PM, GuiNerd said:

The leak was not fake, what happened was that Crystal Isles was postponed, and with that ark only left free on epic on the 11th. You can see that now there is another mysterious game on the epic, scheduled for the 11th, and before on the epic website it said that the last mysterious game was going to come out on the 4th.

This is incorrect.

Epic are releasing a game free every single weekend throughout the whole of 2020 like they did for 2019.

16 minutes ago, GP said:

This is incorrect.

Epic are releasing a game free every single weekend throughout the whole of 2020 like they did for 2019.

You obviously don't use the Epic store very often then.

The free games are not released every weekend, they are released on about a 3 week cycle. However due to the Mega Sale, they have been releasing some higher grade games, like GTA V, Civilization VI and Ark was supposed to have been the next one, every week during this mega sale. It has been reported that due to their announcement of delaying the Anniversary and Crystal Isles, it has been delayed a week.

This was leaked some weeks ago, all the games on that leak was correct and Ark was on that list.

Now, only Wildcard know the truth here, but it seems that the source of the leak has been extremely spot on for leaks all year, so you are arguing that these leaks are wrong when they have named 2 of the 3 so far!! 

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, CyberAngel67 said:

You obviously don't use the Epic store very often then.

The free games are not released every weekend, they are released on about a 3 week cycle. However due to the Mega Sale, they have been releasing some higher grade games, like GTA V, Civilization VI and Ark was supposed to have been the next one, every week during this mega sale. It has been reported that due to their announcement of delaying the Anniversary and Crystal Isles, it has been delayed a week.

This was leaked some weeks ago, all the games on that leak was correct and Ark was on that list.

Now, only Wildcard know the truth here, but it seems that the source of the leak has been extremely spot on for leaks all year, so you are arguing that these leaks are wrong when they have named 2 of the 3 so far!! 

I suggest you google it and read all the information that you need too.

Well according to this website Epic have released free games every single Thursday every single week since like forever.

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/epic-games-store-free-games-list/

Not every 3 weeks. I admit I don't use Epic store, but looking at that it doesn't indicate to me that the releasing of free games has been any different than every Thursday every week.

1 hour ago, GP said:

Well according to this website Epic have released free games every single Thursday every single week since like forever.

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/epic-games-store-free-games-list/

Not every 3 weeks. I admit I don't use Epic store, but looking at that it doesn't indicate to me that the releasing of free games has been any different than every Thursday every week.

So let me get this right.....

We are wrong for reading tons of articles that say that the 3rd game was supposed to be Ark, but you are right for reading false articles that lie!

Epic has never released a game every week, it has been roughly every 3 weeks and they have always been Indie games. The AAA+ games have been during their Mega Sale, which I am going to assume will go back to their Indie game promotion and 3 week cycle.

You of all people should know that you can't believe everything you read on the internet, otherwise Ark being released on the Epic store must be true, as many credible sites have reported it as so.

Edit:

After doing a quick google, it appears that since June last year the games have been a a weekly schedule. Prior to that, it was about 2-3 weeks.

Capture.PNG

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, CyberAngel67 said:

We are wrong for reading tons of articles that say that the 3rd game was supposed to be Ark, but you are right for reading false articles that lie!

Ever heard of an opinion? My opinion was that what was posted was incorrect. Am I correct, may be not, does that mean i'm not allowed opinions? No. Get over yourself mate.

1 hour ago, CyberAngel67 said:

You of all people should know that you can't believe everything you read on the internet, otherwise Ark being released on the Epic store must be true, as many credible sites have reported it as so.

Me of all people? Why because i'm a Mod on the forums? What makes me so special to be "you of all people"?

On 6/8/2020 at 3:51 AM, GP said:

Ever heard of an opinion? My opinion was that what was posted was incorrect. Am I correct, may be not, does that mean i'm not allowed opinions? No. Get over yourself mate.

Need to remember that the next time I post an opinion then!

Oh, Ark was released on the Epic store about 3 hours ago and is free.

On 6/9/2020 at 6:13 AM, Jemcrystal said:

are thousands of younglings about to devastate the beaches with a free version of ark survival multiplayer? 

Yes. That's exactly what's going to happen. And with the boosted event rates, its going to be bad. And all the new players will expect these rates to be permanent, and who knows the boosted rates might become permanent.

42 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

damn i should of bought a lotto ticket lol.

well, welcome back all those people who got perma bans that didn't buy a new copy of ark, they just got handed a free ticket, as well as multiple copies for free.

Good thing unofficial communities can block epic version either by using mods or that server argument.

Archived