5x maybe possibly

Flieh

1 hour ago, Flieh said:

5x maybe possibly

I’ve heard rumours from people that it’s gonna be 5x possibly on the birthday event I wanna know if anyone else has heard this and know if it could possibly be true 

Hell I sure hope not, imagine what the servers are gonna be like, they are shocking now with 6 players online at x2 rates. 

If they do I think im just going to log on for reset timers and that's it, I don't see the point in trying to play ARK that's just going to be completely unplayable on x5

• Volunteer Moderator
4 hours ago, HiImZech said:

its not a rumor. its just not possible.

I don't recall having x4 last year and having higher rates for breeding is just going to worsen server conditions

It is a rumour and it is possible.

@Flieh There has been no confirmed details on this so far, so anything you do hear that is not from a Wildcard employee is simply a rumour.

The fact the official network has had x10 rates previously last year shows it is possible and if they did x5 it would make sense because of it being the 5th anniversary. Having said that I have no idea what their plans are, but it is likely to include some rates increase, just a matter of how much.

I don't F*cking hope so... 
Their servers can't handle more than 2x before they start capping at 255 ping. 

During all this Covid-19 and their stupid boosted rates, they even admitted themselves (on twitter) that the rates were causing the servers to stress more and therefore performing worse. 

But most likely they do like they always do when they release a new map. They boost rates to insane amounts, making people spam builds and breed insane amounts of tames, so that the entire experience of a fresh start on a new map is ruined and the server is already packed with mega bases full of tames. Classic wildcard. 

20 hours ago, Hemplethwaite said:

I heard rumours that the event will only apply to people that have been with the game from the start and have the full 5 years in game time. Anyone with less game time than 43,848 hours in Ark won't get boosted rates. 

Can anyone confirm?

this is heavy sarcasm  please don't take it seriously

I very much doubt that, the rates are set server wide.

Would be cool.  This game is a blast, but raising and imprinting on official is a lot for folks with kids and long work weeks. A 5x event would help a lot.

Does it really affect servers directly or is it just the increased participation by the players during these events that stresses them?  During 4x last monster everything was fine.  I didn’t notice a single server crash.

On 5/29/2020 at 9:01 AM, Hemplethwaite said:

I heard rumours that the event will only apply to people that have been with the game from the start and have the full 5 years in game time. Anyone with less game time than 43,848 hours in Ark won't get boosted rates. 

Can anyone confirm?

I thought that disclosure was one of those signatures like old forums used to have for a minute (that are always included in every comment a person makes) so I ignored it for a second and I was like wow lol. I have been playing for almost 5 years (I started July 10th 2015, so about a month after release) and I have 5,700 hrs but that is no where NEAR what you commented ???

The official island Im playing on is quite stable. I feel almost no difference during x1 or x2. The 15 minute server save lag is getting on my nerves sometimes, but it never lasts longer than few seconds.

A lot of new players joined in lately and they already managed to transform from beach bobs to stable tribes with big bases. Also some shady chinese joined us and they simply refuse to use tribe chat. Even with all this going on I dont think I would consider the game laggy. I had no idea what were you talking about, until I decided to join ragnarok.

Horrible lags every 20s that last at least 15-30s, rollbacking back everytime I try to move and being unable to open doors or interact with structures. Trying to land in a nest to grab an egg and ending up sitting in lava. Trying to tame equus and being kicked off or dismounted because I pressed E too many times....oh boy.

On 5/30/2020 at 8:02 PM, JoeMoe said:

Would be cool.  This game is a blast, but raising and imprinting on official is a lot for folks with kids and long work weeks. A 5x event would help a lot.

Does it really affect servers directly or is it just the increased participation by the players during these events that stresses them?  During 4x last monster everything was fine.  I didn’t notice a single server crash.

They stated themselves on twitter that increased rates affects server performance a lot. 
I don't know what server you were playing on last time there was 4x rates during all this Covid-19... But it was literally unplayable on nearly all servers. The forum + twitter was glowing red from posts about nearly every server being capped at 255 ping and crashing several times daily..... If they boost rates to 5x it will be a disaster...

Also it forces people to tame, breed and harvest more which generates timers that are affecting the server performance... 

Increased population is obviously a big factor aswell. It's a good mix of both. 

21 hours ago, TraXz said:

They stated themselves on twitter that increased rates affects server performance a lot. 
I don't know what server you were playing on last time there was 4x rates during all this Covid-19... But it was literally unplayable on nearly all servers. The forum + twitter was glowing red from posts about nearly every server being capped at 255 ping and crashing several times daily..... If they boost rates to 5x it will be a disaster...

Also it forces people to tame, breed and harvest more which generates timers that are affecting the server performance... 

Increased population is obviously a big factor aswell. It's a good mix of both. 

Oh, I had never noticed anything on twitter from ARK on that topic (and I can't search now because twitter is literally all of the worst people on earth doing nothing but complaining all day).

Genesis was where we spent most of our time on PVE official and it was pretty good, and Extinction was also performing well.  It was a bit crashy/rubber bandy a few times when they were doing 3x and there were 50+ people on, but with 4x and 30 people or 4x and 5 people it was still equally performing (with the typical genesis lag every 4-5 minutes, plus the 15 minute lag).  Maybe performance is better for the compartmentalized maps?  There are always full server crashes, but didn't seem to be as bad during 4x for whatever reason... didn't notice 1.

Yeah, the bad thing about 5x is the urge to over work yourself or burn yourself out to take advantage of the rates.  

On 5/29/2020 at 12:01 PM, Hemplethwaite said:

Can anyone confirm?

43k hours is for amatuers, only true Alphas played Ark, before it was a twinkle in its makers eyes. 

Archived