Jump to content

Game crashes when using Arks official backup saves on single player


Recommended Posts

  • Volunteer Moderator
21 minutes ago, KTBY said:

After the updating of the new version of ARK. At the beginning, I can get into the map. While it crashed many times, so I decided to reinstall the system.  Then, I re-download ARK and copy old save file to the archived file. Finally, I can not get into the DLC map. While I spent more than 200 hours on the three DLC map. I am fond of this excellent game and dinosaur. Can anyone give me some suggestions to deal with this problem.1772805386_RI)D8(HENGV1IEUD0EI5XG.thumb.png.88ef081f253c5cc710ea8d0d05091a56.png

Merged your thread here. You can find the solution in the previous posts:

On 1/7/2021 at 6:41 PM, invincibleqc said:

@Eriksitoo @Jimmy2211 @STUL Looked further into this just now and the crash appears to be caused by an access violation when unpacking outdated dinos structure. The solution is to simply force a dino wipe: Steam → ARK → Properties → Launch Options: -ForceRespawnDinos.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/3/2021 at 11:08 PM, invincibleqc said:

Merged your thread here. You can find the solution in the previous posts:

 

I know I'm late to this. I've been having a similar fatal error crash for over a week now. I've tried launching my save with the commands (not used at the same time) -ForceRespawnDinos and -dedihibernation launch options. Unfortunately, that did not seem to fix my issue. Is there any other known solution for this or should I just wait for a new update?

Screenshot (5).png

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Volunteer Moderator
3 hours ago, Zephvn said:

I know I'm late to this. I've been having a similar fatal error crash for over a week now. I've tried launching my save with the commands (not used at the same time) -ForceRespawnDinos and -dedihibernation launch options. Unfortunately, that did not seem to fix my issue. Is there any other known solution for this or should I just wait for a new update?

Screenshot (5).png

This is a totally different crash. The crash discussed in this thread is related to wild dinos, your crash appears to be related to a structure. What I would suggest you to do, is to move the following files:

../Saved/<your map>/LocalPlayer.arkprofile
../Saved/<your map>/LocalPlayer.profilebak

Which should allow you to join, create a new character, and render your base. From there, you can restore your original character, and reclaim ownership of everything with the following command:

takealldino|takeallstructure

That said, whatever you do, make sure to first backup everything.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

This is a totally different crash. The crash discussed in this thread is related to wild dinos, your crash appears to be related to a structure. What I would suggest you to do, is to move the following files:



../Saved/<your map>/LocalPlayer.arkprofile
../Saved/<your map>/LocalPlayer.profilebak

Which should allow you to join, create a new character, and render your base. From there, you can restore your original character, and reclaim ownership of everything with the following command:



takealldino|takeallstructure

That said, whatever you do, make sure to first backup everything.

Thank you for your rapid response and I am sorry that this isn't the issue related in the thread. I did try moving the save files (and backing them up) like you suggested then I tried rebooting the save. Unfortunately, I am still getting the same fatal error crash. So, I ended up starting a new save and building basically the same structures as I have had previously (I am using mods). So far no crashes in sight! But thank you for your help! Honestly I have no idea what mod or structure could have been causing that. 

Edited by Zephvn
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...