Game crashes when using Arks official backup saves on single player

• Volunteer Moderator
21 minutes ago, KTBY said:

After the updating of the new version of ARK. At the beginning, I can get into the map. While it crashed many times, so I decided to reinstall the system.  Then, I re-download ARK and copy old save file to the archived file. Finally, I can not get into the DLC map. While I spent more than 200 hours on the three DLC map. I am fond of this excellent game and dinosaur. Can anyone give me some suggestions to deal with this problem.1772805386_RI)D8(HENGV1IEUD0EI5XG.thumb.png.88ef081f253c5cc710ea8d0d05091a56.png

Merged your thread here. You can find the solution in the previous posts:

On 1/7/2021 at 6:41 PM, invincibleqc said:

@Eriksitoo @Jimmy2211 @STUL Looked further into this just now and the crash appears to be caused by an access violation when unpacking outdated dinos structure. The solution is to simply force a dino wipe: Steam → ARK → Properties → Launch Options: -ForceRespawnDinos.

On 7/3/2021 at 11:08 PM, invincibleqc said:

Merged your thread here. You can find the solution in the previous posts:

I know I'm late to this. I've been having a similar fatal error crash for over a week now. I've tried launching my save with the commands (not used at the same time) -ForceRespawnDinos and -dedihibernation launch options. Unfortunately, that did not seem to fix my issue. Is there any other known solution for this or should I just wait for a new update?

Screenshot (5).png

• Volunteer Moderator
3 hours ago, Zephvn said:

I know I'm late to this. I've been having a similar fatal error crash for over a week now. I've tried launching my save with the commands (not used at the same time) -ForceRespawnDinos and -dedihibernation launch options. Unfortunately, that did not seem to fix my issue. Is there any other known solution for this or should I just wait for a new update?

Screenshot (5).png

This is a totally different crash. The crash discussed in this thread is related to wild dinos, your crash appears to be related to a structure. What I would suggest you to do, is to move the following files:

../Saved/<your map>/LocalPlayer.arkprofile
../Saved/<your map>/LocalPlayer.profilebak

Which should allow you to join, create a new character, and render your base. From there, you can restore your original character, and reclaim ownership of everything with the following command:

takealldino|takeallstructure

That said, whatever you do, make sure to first backup everything.

15 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

This is a totally different crash. The crash discussed in this thread is related to wild dinos, your crash appears to be related to a structure. What I would suggest you to do, is to move the following files:

../Saved/<your map>/LocalPlayer.arkprofile
../Saved/<your map>/LocalPlayer.profilebak

Which should allow you to join, create a new character, and render your base. From there, you can restore your original character, and reclaim ownership of everything with the following command:

takealldino|takeallstructure

That said, whatever you do, make sure to first backup everything.

Thank you for your rapid response and I am sorry that this isn't the issue related in the thread. I did try moving the save files (and backing them up) like you suggested then I tried rebooting the save. Unfortunately, I am still getting the same fatal error crash. So, I ended up starting a new save and building basically the same structures as I have had previously (I am using mods). So far no crashes in sight! But thank you for your help! Honestly I have no idea what mod or structure could have been causing that. 

Edited by Zephvn