Game crashes when using Arks official backup saves on single player

Idker

• Volunteer Moderator
21 minutes ago, KTBY said:

After the updating of the new version of ARK. At the beginning, I can get into the map. While it crashed many times, so I decided to reinstall the system.  Then, I re-download ARK and copy old save file to the archived file. Finally, I can not get into the DLC map. While I spent more than 200 hours on the three DLC map. I am fond of this excellent game and dinosaur. Can anyone give me some suggestions to deal with this problem.1772805386_RI)D8(HENGV1IEUD0EI5XG.thumb.png.88ef081f253c5cc710ea8d0d05091a56.png

Merged your thread here. You can find the solution in the previous posts:

On 1/7/2021 at 6:41 PM, invincibleqc said:

@Eriksitoo @Jimmy2211 @STUL Looked further into this just now and the crash appears to be caused by an access violation when unpacking outdated dinos structure. The solution is to simply force a dino wipe: Steam → ARK → Properties → Launch Options: -ForceRespawnDinos.

On 7/3/2021 at 11:08 PM, invincibleqc said:

Merged your thread here. You can find the solution in the previous posts:

I know I'm late to this. I've been having a similar fatal error crash for over a week now. I've tried launching my save with the commands (not used at the same time) -ForceRespawnDinos and -dedihibernation launch options. Unfortunately, that did not seem to fix my issue. Is there any other known solution for this or should I just wait for a new update?

Screenshot (5).png

• Volunteer Moderator
3 hours ago, Zephvn said:

I know I'm late to this. I've been having a similar fatal error crash for over a week now. I've tried launching my save with the commands (not used at the same time) -ForceRespawnDinos and -dedihibernation launch options. Unfortunately, that did not seem to fix my issue. Is there any other known solution for this or should I just wait for a new update?

Screenshot (5).png

This is a totally different crash. The crash discussed in this thread is related to wild dinos, your crash appears to be related to a structure. What I would suggest you to do, is to move the following files:

../Saved/<your map>/LocalPlayer.arkprofile
../Saved/<your map>/LocalPlayer.profilebak

Which should allow you to join, create a new character, and render your base. From there, you can restore your original character, and reclaim ownership of everything with the following command:

takealldino|takeallstructure

That said, whatever you do, make sure to first backup everything.

15 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

This is a totally different crash. The crash discussed in this thread is related to wild dinos, your crash appears to be related to a structure. What I would suggest you to do, is to move the following files:

../Saved/<your map>/LocalPlayer.arkprofile
../Saved/<your map>/LocalPlayer.profilebak

Which should allow you to join, create a new character, and render your base. From there, you can restore your original character, and reclaim ownership of everything with the following command:

takealldino|takeallstructure

That said, whatever you do, make sure to first backup everything.

Thank you for your rapid response and I am sorry that this isn't the issue related in the thread. I did try moving the save files (and backing them up) like you suggested then I tried rebooting the save. Unfortunately, I am still getting the same fatal error crash. So, I ended up starting a new save and building basically the same structures as I have had previously (I am using mods). So far no crashes in sight! But thank you for your help! Honestly I have no idea what mod or structure could have been causing that. 

• 10 months later...

Hello, I bought the game from Epic Games, I registered the ForceRespawnDinos command, it does not help me, help me solve the problem with the error.

---------------------------
The UE4-ShooterGame Game has crashed and will close
Assertion failed: InPos <= Bytes.Num() [File:F:\build\LostIsland\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\UObject\WorldSerializedObject.cpp] [Line: 115] 

VERSION: 345.3
KERNELBASE.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007fff6c2c4fd9) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
ShooterGame.exe!FOutputDevice::Logf__VA() (0x00007ff7772f39b8) + 159 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:145]
ShooterGame.exe!FDebug::AssertFailed() (0x00007ff7772e0668) + 117 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:220]
ShooterGame.exe!FSaveFileObjectReader::Seek() (0x00007ff7773bc2d4) + 0 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\worldserializedobject.cpp:116]
ShooterGame.exe!UWorld::LoadFromFile() (0x00007ff777d534e8) + 0 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\world.cpp:6428]
ShooterGame.exe!AShooterGameMode::LoadWorld() (0x00007ff776107117) + 2606 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\projects\shootergame\source\shootergame\private\shootergamemode.cpp:2658]
ShooterGame.exe!AShooterGameMode::InitGame() (0x00007ff7760bb7d7) + 0 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\projects\shootergame\source\shootergame\private\shootergamemode.cpp:1461]
ShooterGame.exe!UWorld::InitializeActorsForPlay() (0x00007ff777d52348) + 43 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\world.cpp:3243]
ShooterGame.exe!UEngine::LoadMap() (0x00007ff777d1632e) + 0 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\unrealengine.cpp:10371]
ShooterGame.exe!UEngine::Browse() (0x00007ff777cf6ef1) + 43 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\unrealengine.cpp:9028]
ShooterGame.exe!UEngine::TickWorldTravel() (0x00007ff777d2ae3e) + 60 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\unrealengine.cpp:9200]
ShooterGame.exe!UGameEngine::Tick() (0x00007ff777ab5815) + 0 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\gameengine.cpp:1156]
ShooterGame.exe!FEngineLoop::Tick() (0x00007ff775345494) + 0 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2647]
ShooterGame.exe!GuardedMain() (0x00007ff77534040c) + 0 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:140]
ShooterGame.exe!GuardedMainWrapper() (0x00007ff77534045a) + 5 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:125]
ShooterGame.exe!WinMain() (0x00007ff775345e0c) + 17 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:213]
ShooterGame.exe!__tmainCRTStartup() (0x00007ff778b52dad) + 21 bytes [f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c:618]
KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction (0x00007fff6d2e7034) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007fff6e602651) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007fff6e602651) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]

ОК   

Archived