New PVE griefing method

BertNoobians

• Volunteer Moderator
34 minutes ago, Demerus said:

how were they able to build that much and you can't even place a wall? LOL

I believe walls and ceilings do not prevent others from building in range, and that only the bottom of gateways is checked against distance (hence the message too close of enemy foundations or gateways). I remember having similar issues with vertical neighbours on Aberration back in the days.

@BertNoobians I'd say try to discuss with them first and see if you can resolve the issue. Otherwise, make sure to document your attempts, and submit a ticket if there is no cooperation.

17 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

I believe walls and ceilings do not prevent others from building in range, and that only the bottom of gateways is checked against distance (hence the message too close of enemy foundations or gateways). I remember having similar issues with vertical neighbours on Aberration back in the days.

@BertNoobians I'd say try to discuss with them first and see if you can resolve the issue. Otherwise, make sure to document your attempts, and submit a ticket if there is no cooperation.

the floor i am standing on is resting on pillars. you can see 3 sticking out of the ceilings in the corners.
it is 3 behemoth gates high or deep,

the base is in legacy. im on good grounds with this neighbour and i thinks she doesnt know yet what she has done.

• Volunteer Moderator
29 minutes ago, BertNoobians said:

the floor i am standing on is resting on pillars. you can see 3 sticking out of the ceilings in the corners.
it is 3 behemoth gates high or deep,

the base is in legacy. im on good grounds with this neighbour and i thinks she doesnt know yet what she has done.

Only the ones placed directly on the ground counts as foundations:

55D7A62FB2421F94D495DF2FC03142EF9B0F7078

B4A35F30359675ECB35F27BF27D2131A140FBF5B

6 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

This is a good one then

unknown.png?width=988&height=552

9 hours ago, Demerus said:

how were they able to build that much and you can't even place a wall? LOL

that makes no goddamn sense and 4 handed facepalm isn't enough to signify how much of a fail this is. 

Finally managed to get Colbert's quad face palm under the 2MB ...

Not everyone plays 24/7 ... What if he hasn't been online for a few days while they were building it? Or even just a few hours
Beside that, putting up a simple stone box with a few windows like that, doesn't take more than 15 minutes if you have all the structures premade.

Please think before speaking.  

8 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

What's happening is, players can set down the platforms from a super far off distance and override any protections from proximity of other platforms or other types of structures.

I tried setting down another platform in my area and i couldn't, and yet 2x now - other tribes have set ones down right next to or overlapping onto my platform.

2100404424_oceanplatgrief1.thumb.jpg.91c52cd4cedd678b8a97d1210019cf29.jpg

This prevented me from building on my platforms the first time they did it.  

ANd now someone else, or the same people have returned w/ another one.   I"m getting tired of filing reports over this problem. 

1 hour ago, TraXz said:

Not everyone plays 24/7 ... What if he hasn't been online for a few days while they were building it? Or even just a few hours
Beside that, putting up a simple stone box with a few windows like that, doesn't take more than 15 minutes if you have all the structures premade.

Please think before speaking.  

i think you are missing the point completely.
a platform could, and maybe can still be with glitches, placed near your structures and it will screw you over completely

What's happening is, players can set down the platforms from a super far off distance and override any protections from proximity of other platforms or other types of structures.
I tried setting down another platform in my area and i couldn't, and yet 2x now - other tribes have set ones down right next to or overlapping onto my platform.

ANd now someone else, or the same people have returned w/ another one.   I"m getting tired of filing reports over this problem.     
So this means we cannot place our own platforms down to reach the platform limit around our buildings and prevent others from placing them nearby?

4 minutes ago, Castlerock said:
2 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

So this means we cannot place our own platforms down to reach the platform limit around our buildings and prevent others from placing them nearby?

Well, we had 4 platform which is limit. they still put inside our plat.so no ucant avoid with plat limit

3 hours ago, Castlerock said:
6 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

Correct,  anyone can ignore the limits and place as many as they want right on top of u if they chosez

34 minutes ago, HiImZech said:

so the solution to this to have the area limit check as the structure is being deployed in the area of the structure, and somehow to prevent people from placing stuff down in stasis

sounds logical but it may be hard to implement

I supposed this "feature" is being used to place more turrets than allowed in an area?

Not sure if that will work since the people setting them down are not setting them down from in the area.  If it does a check to the area they are standing in, it will see no problems since they are setting it down from half an ocean away.

It would be probably better if they cut the range with which you have to use to set it down.  

On 5/29/2020 at 11:05 AM, GrumpyBear said:

Not sure if that will work since the people setting them down are not setting them down from in the area.  If it does a check to the area they are standing in, it will see no problems since they are setting it down from half an ocean away.

It would be probably better if they cut the range with which you have to use to set it down.  

no what I mean is unstasis the area where the structure is being placed and check the limits, not check where the actor stands

5 hours ago, HiImZech said:

no what I mean is unstasis the area where the structure is being placed and check the limits, not check where the actor stands

I think the problem with that is, it would have to check the entire map or the entire ocean surface on gen every time someone wanted to put one down.  It would be a huge amount of data to cross check since you can place in any direction from one location.  It's far more efficient to keep the check to a radius around the player, and keep the set down distance within that radius.

If it's possible, this only needs to be another/or combined true false flag for official servers so that private servers and single players can set them down from the top of a mountain or island so that they can plan out an epic build.

This ocean platforms are rly buggy.

Why they can't snap like other building things if i want to place two?

And next: I placed metal ocean platform and pillars with ladders on the ground around it. So next day, someone else had placed his ocean platform above my pillar. And he build something on the platform. => i can now not use MY whole platform for building, because it says, it is next to enemy foundation. LOL. There are all pillars around my platform and i'm not allowed to build on it?

8 hours ago, IceBabe said:

This ocean platforms are rly buggy.

Why they can't snap like other building things if i want to place two?

And next: I placed metal ocean platform and pillars with ladders on the ground around it. So next day, someone else had placed his ocean platform above my pillar. And he build something on the platform. => i can now not use MY whole platform for building, because it says, it is next to enemy foundation. LOL. There are all pillars around my platform and i'm not allowed to build on it?

While they may not snap together, you can use, walls ceilngs and ladders to line up and set them down w/ a tiny gap that can be covered w/ floors w/out building up from the ocean floor to cover the gap.

F84276D9D2B74717A5F201D3E29375B9ED911773

Archived