Astrocetus taming effectiveness... intentional?

Firesolved

Astrocetus taming effectiveness... intentional?

I've been very confused trying to tame these things and trying to figure out what causes the taming effectiveness to go down so much. I knew the cannon, rockets and mek methods all did extra damage to it, so I decided to tame it like a Karkinos with a catapult. The taming effectiveness still dropped, so I ran a command to set the taming effectiveness to 99.9%. Low and behold, the next bite of extraordinary kibble it took the effectiveness dropped by a lot... again. That led me to going straight to the source, so I opened the DevKit to see if there was a different food they preferred but it turns out extraordinary kibble is best.

I did, however, find the cause of this. Their setting for "Tame Ineffectiveness by Affinity" is set to 2000.0 when most other creatures are close to 1.0. Now the question is why would Wildcard do this? It makes no sense. Anyway, I thought I'd share my findings so people don't waste their time trying to figure out other methods to taming them with high effectiveness.

Only thing I can think of as to why it’s that way is to reduce the risk of someone getting those god Stat rolls Which really doesn’t matter seein as you can’t clone them either. If you could clone them it would make sense I mean in there current state they are kinda a glass cannon but not really but if say you got a god roll in HP you could dominate the sky if you had a full gun crew which then means you would dominate the ground battle as well 

Archived