Questions about adding a map on Nitrado (pc)

Treeost

I can add mods and play DLC and Official maps just fine.

To add a specific 3rd party map like Hope do I just install local on pc and load it up in single player.

FTP to mod folder on server, folder and .mod file

[ServerSettings] ActiveMods=869946022

and then choose map from drop down, or do I need to also insert all mods to be used now in the active mods line, which I did not before as I did not have to have that line in the GameUserSettings.

Or can I just install the map, Hope, as the first mod in the Active Mods on the Mods + Workshop page?

• Volunteer Moderator
39 minutes ago, Treeost said:

I can add mods and play DLC and Official maps just fine.

To add a specific 3rd party map like Hope do I just install local on pc and load it up in single player.

FTP to mod folder on server, folder and .mod file

[ServerSettings] ActiveMods=869946022

and then choose map from drop down, or do I need to also insert all mods to be used now in the active mods line, which I did not before as I did not have to have that line in the GameUserSettings.

Or can I just install the map, Hope, as the first mod in the Active Mods on the Mods + Workshop page?

I am not sure why you are referencing single player, as that would have nothing to do with a server (Nitrado or otherwise).

Usually, when I do a mod map, I add the mod id for the map to the list of of mods (as the first one) and restart the server.  Then, in the control panel, I change the map just like I do for any other map (now that the mod is loaded, you can pick the map for that mod), and restart the server again.   Now, the server should be running that map.

If you want to run any other mods, they have to be added to the mod list for the server, as that is what drives which mods are loaded by the server (and are required by any player joining that server).

Subscribing to the mod in advance (especially large mods), does make the process go easier for anyone that connects to that server, so it is good for your to subscribe to it first.  However, that has no impact on which mods the server runs.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Treeost said:

Thank you.

I had been following this information and have been having issues with it so thank you so much.

https://wiki.nitrado.net/en/Upload_own_maps_at_ARK:_Survival_Evolved

I think those instructions are a bit out of date.  I haven't used FTP to load a mod to a Nitrado server for a few years; not sure if that even works now.

Another quick question as I am going to unload the map that I ftp'd up and load it as a normal mod so it gets installed on the server and is happy.  Can I also load another map in this down time so I can swap between them if wanted at a later date and not have to reinstall a map each time on server or does it delete mods no longer being call from the Active Mod line if that makes sense.

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, Treeost said:

Another quick question as I am going to unload the map that I ftp'd up and load it as a normal mod so it gets installed on the server and is happy.  Can I also load another map in this down time so I can swap between them if wanted at a later date and not have to reinstall a map each time on server or does it delete mods no longer being call from the Active Mod line if that makes sense.

In theory, that could work, but I would not try it, as there could be conflicts between the maps (even run into that sometimes by having a mod version and the official version of the same map installed), and it will also increase your load times.

I would stick with just the one map.

Also, you can run into issues with the player files, as the are linked to your steam id, and not the map/game.   So, if you switched the map, the character would likely be the one from the previous map.   

Safest way is either two servers, or FTPing data on and off the server when switching map mods; or at the very least, you would need to rename your saved files directory back and forth, though that could get tricky.

Archived