Patches always take forever, any help?

Psyleste

Per the title.

Every new patch for Ark has taken over 2 hours for me to download and patch in. PC running through steam. I know it's not my DL speeds or HDD, because I just downloaded a 40 GB game and installed in less than 20 mins, but a 500mb ARK patch somehow takes 2 hours?

Any help beyond Verify Integrity of game files (done this a few times now) would be appreciated.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Psyleste said:

Per the title.

Every new patch for Ark has taken over 2 hours for me to download and patch in. PC running through steam. I know it's not my DL speeds or HDD, because I just downloaded a 40 GB game and installed in less than 20 mins, but a 500mb ARK patch somehow takes 2 hours?

Any help beyond Verify Integrity of game files (done this a few times now) would be appreciated.

Updates are pushed by VALVe's network, and Tuesdays are their weekly maintenance day. Selecting a different region can accelerate downloads in some cases.

47 minutes ago, reddotjellytot said:

Its Steam end, a bit strange why its only slow as hell with Ark updates tho, I can only guess its WC pushing out super compressed patches, steam has to unpack all that data and install it.

Its not just Ark. Last week my wife had to update Monster Hunter World and the download through Steam was just as slow.

Its weird for me too. The first 400mb downloaded in 5 minutes. Then the download speed dropped to 0 and only disk usage was active. After 20-25 minutes it downloaded 50mb, then stopped again. Last 10-14mb was downloaded in 45 minutes, and it was constantly interrupted after every 2mb.

Ark is the only game thats downloading files like this.

Archived