Kicked Member. Any reprocussions?

Havok

Kicked Member. Any reprocussions?

Recently removed a tribe member. I founded the tribe and switched ownership to him and it subsequently got switched back to me. This was because of our Extinction server and Valguero server, the member was more active on Extinction and wanted ownership of Extinction in order to set up permissions to allow outsiders to join Extinction and farm element. Before switching Extinction ownership over to the member, I had Valguero ownership switched back to me. I also will be having guests join on Valguero and wanted to set up permissions to protect everybodies stuff. I have never used permissions and wanted to establish a group that could use certain buildings and dinos but not existing members valued stuff. I notified the active members before doing so and stated to let me know of any issues with permission setup so I can fix and better dedicate certain permissions. Well, because of the member more active on Extinction was seldom on Valguero, he was the lower and limited group member. Keep in mind all were notified it was temporary to sort out any bugs. This member flipped and said some derogatory comments. Bottom line he was upset he couldn't access the other members private items, because he doesn't build. I told him to keep EVERYTHING on Extinction, including thousands of Element and Poly and an extremely large metal base with two skiffs, 4 cloners and the works. I also told him I would bring his cryopoded dinos to Extinction, however he already cleared them out. I removed him from the tribe and he threatened to report me for insiding and he said he had an appointment set for June 15th with a GM. I also submitted a ticket to inquire about how to handle situation. This happened 24 hours ago and I have yet to receive a response, yet he has? We submitted at approximately the same time. Any insight on how to handle this situation?

3 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Insiding is a valid tactic. He's talking out his backside. Unless you tried to sell him the stuff back for rmt you'll be fine.

Also as tribe owner you can make any decisions you see fit to better the tribe. Carry on with the game, let him be bitter.

I figured as much. I have played this game since 2015. I'm well aware of the CoC. I tried to give him a PIN code to some vaults to give him whatever gear was in his base but his response was basically telling me that the scheduled appointment I can submit my "evidence". I am breaking down his base and still storing the gear near an open transmitter for him to get it, but, I'm not gonna leave it unlocked for Joe shmoe to take. He has alot of pillars up that I'm in the process of cleaning up. No point in taking up unnecessary swathes of land. It's just gonna take me few days cuz of work and what not. Just don't want all the hard work we put in erased cuz of an overly problematic former member.

I've never heard of a "scheduled appointment" before for this kind of thing. Sounds like someone used to getting their own way, make sure you keep screenshots and emails if you have them. might be worth having something like nvidia shadowplay, if he/she's back on the server to pick stuff up and kicks off or says you never gave them their stuff back when you did then you can save the last few minutes of gameplay. might be overkill but covers your hide if they continue to throw their toys out the pram.

Yes.  There are repercussions.  The repercussion is that you learn to communicate in a way that won't damage your gamer relationships.  Don't take this the wrong way, and maybe I'm way off, but a group sit-down probably could have prevented a mess.  A group discussion on VOIP does wonders.  I say this because the way the original post is worded seems to indicate  a lack of communication from the start, evidenced by the fact that loot is the issue.  Loot in a MMO isn't really worth that much when gamer relations and experience are paramount.

Realize that this is not a democracy or a monocracy.  The tribe leader makes all the decisions, yes, but doesn't get to have leverage over anybody because this is a virtual world.

Legally, this guy has nothing.  Honestly, server administration probably couldn't care less about nerds fighting over loot.  A planned meeting on June 15th?  For this? That far out?  That's hilarious.

18 hours ago, Havok said:

Any insight on how to handle this situation?

Be the good guy.  If you want to work things out with this guy, then great.  Do that.  If you don't, that's fine.  Just quietly distance yourself and realize that you're only losing loot and a detrimental tribe member.

On 5/26/2020 at 10:37 AM, Havok said:

..and he said he had an appointment set for June 15th with a GM.

1) As you know, insiding is allowed in this game. That's not what you did, but even you had done it, it's  still allowed.

2) He's lying about his "appointment", that's not a thing.

3) If you two can't work things out just consider it a 'lesson learned' about communication and teamwork, and move on.

remember asva tribe owner u basically own everything in your tribe u can do a set upnina descrete manner by not giving everyone admin when they join for a start despite what people sey u dont need it for podding dinos thats controlled by 'unclaim ' permission likewise giving cer tain freedoms with building u can make anything u build rank 10  rank rest to sey 5 they cant demo it even if u leave demo unchecked ....this giving your members the freedom to build and demo things that they themselves make making leader acess srickly leader even for vaults ! u dont need to use admin just the highest rank number!  if u need help to set it up i can do that ( for the record i dont play pvp so i could care less) i only offer help if u are very stuck 

4 hours ago, hirogun said:

remember asva tribe owner u basically own everything in your tribe u can do a set upnina descrete manner by not giving everyone admin when they join for a start despite what people sey u dont need it for podding dinos thats controlled by 'unclaim ' permission likewise giving cer tain freedoms with building u can make anything u build rank 10  rank rest to sey 5 they cant demo it even if u leave demo unchecked ....this giving your members the freedom to build and demo things that they themselves make making leader acess srickly leader even for vaults ! u dont need to use admin just the highest rank number!  if u need help to set it up i can do that ( for the record i dont play pvp so i could care less) i only offer help if u are very stuck 

Honestly the info right there is very very helpful. Still toying with permissions and the info you just shared is very insightful and good to know. Thank you.

• Volunteer Moderator
26 minutes ago, Havok said:

Honestly the info right there is very very helpful. Still toying with permissions and the info you just shared is very insightful and good to know. Thank you.

Keep in mind that tribe permissions are useless in most cases as any member of your tribe would still be able to damage anything they want with explosives and loot the bags. And being part of the tribe, they wouldn't be targeted by defences and can just peacefully raid everything. Only invite people you trust, and don't rely on permissions for guarantee that you are safer from insider as it generally have the opposite effect; people that are restricted from stuff becomes salty about it which increase the risk of them turning on you.

Archived