Viability of Doedicurus in caves

Goatmazter

1 hour ago, Goatmazter said:

Viability of Doedicurus in caves

I have a level 220 doedicurus with very high melee damage, health, and torpor. I was wondering if this would be viable for caves on The Island, since I had never done any before.

You could do some of the caves. Lower south is probably the easiest. 

If its your first run in a cave, Id say he would be best on the south cave....no bats, thermals are easy to overcome, worst case scenario is a couple of cave lizards. Try to leave them be and you should be ok. Except for the crocs and piranha in the waters, Id avoid them if possible, but yeah. For a quick in and out, the deod would probably be ok in the most southern cave.

As for the rest, well, lets just say I preferer a couple high level thylo's in most of the rest, but absolutely insist on a high level yuty for the snow cave. Those yetis are tough sun guns!

Doeds are great for collecting stones.  Get an argentavis, a doed, and you've got a great resource gathering team.

As mentioned above, they can't jump.   This is a huge problem.  Personally, I recommend Baryonyx.  Breed them a lot.  Great for every cave on the island that doesn't have snow.   Won't fit in the easy snow cave.  You're gonna want cryopod and Yutyrannus for hard snow cave.  They have no Oxygen stat, so a bunch of them can clear out anything underwater, with the right tactics.  

Don't throw away your nice Doed trying to learn caves with a tame that is meant for resource gathering.

Archived