Scorched earth S.P. tips and advice?

wizard03

Scorched earth S.P. tips and advice?

So me and mom decided to scoot on over to scorched earth....the island was starting to get a bit repetitive and grindy. No fun at all. Might go back some time to continue some boss fights and maybe the tek cave, but for now is heat exhaustion and sandy butt cracks. So we got fired up over by the green obelisk and sure enough it did not take long for us to float over to the oasis that resides there. Got a set up put together, the usual beginner base, and have worked our way up to getting onto metal and such.
In the mean time, we have been feeling the crunch on the lack of argentavis support. We had a couple of moths, not too bad, but deffinantly not as capable as the argy. So I started busting on leveling up so we could get the saddles, but also trying to figure out where they was located.
Got super lucky and leveled up enough for the saddles, JUST as I found the first few argies…..Got one tamed up and looking good there, but now Im looking onto the bigger and badder stuff..….Rock elementals, {had a couple run ins with them already}. Death worms {whats the go to plan for these guys? A high level rex work?} And of course, the phoenix. {how high should I be to look around for one, do they stay within an area, and where is a typical go to location to find one? Also is there more than one?
Im also curiouse about the matis, but not sure how far along I wanna go for these guys. 12 deathworm horns or such = prolly won't deal with it. Jack of all trades is ok, but if I gotta go toe to toe with a bunch of deathworms for one mantis, probably going to be a no sale for me......Maybe...

Other than that, got any good places to build a secoundary base? I found the yuty's and looking to fire up an egg farm V2. :P

Archived