Is Magmasaur Better Than Anks for getting metal?

STUL

i just got a magmasaur and was told they collect more metal than an ank which i find hard to beleave as my anks got 1k melee and gets so much, but the mags melee is so low do you put stats in weight or melee ?

unless im doing something wrong i took it to ab to get some metal and it got a very small amount :(

42 minutes ago, STUL said:

i just got a magmasaur and was told they collect more metal than an ank which i find hard to beleave as my anks got 1k melee and gets so much, but the mags melee is so low do you put stats in weight or melee ?

unless im doing something wrong i took it to ab to get some metal and it got a very small amount :(

Mine gets about 500 metal a node on Ab with 100 imprint and 250 melee. Not too much less than my 100 imprint 1400 melee Anky. 

@STULthey would probably be way better since the ankys are mutated like crazy while the magmas are only at the beginning.

They big difference is that you can use a crab or flyers to farm with the anky which makes him so mobile that the magma will never be able to compete against UNLESS you don't mind walking around slowly :D 

1 hour ago, Fukushu said:

@STULthey would probably be way better since the ankys are mutated like crazy while the magmas are only at the beginning.

They big difference is that you can use a crab or flyers to farm with the anky which makes him so mobile that the magma will never be able to compete against UNLESS you don't mind walking around slowly :D 

Once you get the hover skiff, which can pick up the Magma, mobility is no longer a factor and you don't have to do the throw and rider dismount thing. Crab/anky will just be better for solo farming at that point.

@yekrucifixion187doesn't the skiff use a lot of element? I only farm metal on Aberration and I hate making element there. Exchanging element for metal is IMO not worth it on most maps, sadly.

It would be great being able to farm element easily on other maps like it's possible on Genesis/extinction without spending hours to farm some tributes/materials just for 100-400 element. The possibility to lose your boss army because the servers are not stable doesn't make the thing any better. That way of element farming is so oldschool that it's barely worth it compared to playing on maps like Genesis or Extinction. ^^

44 minutes ago, Fukushu said:

@yekrucifixion187doesn't the skiff use a lot of element? I only farm metal on Aberration and I hate making element there. Exchanging element for metal is IMO not worth it on most maps, sadly.

It would be great being able to farm element easily on other maps like it's possible on Genesis/extinction without spending hours to farm some tributes/materials just for 100-400 element. The possibility to lose your boss army because the servers are not stable doesn't make the thing any better. That way of element farming is so oldschool that it's barely worth it compared to playing on maps like Genesis or Extinction. ^^

You can use element ore for fuel.

On 5/24/2020 at 4:38 PM, Fukushu said:

You have not heard of gachas ? WIth a pair of gachas you can make 40 element/hour passively while AFK. A skiff metal run on ab typically consumes 3 element. WIth a gacha tower setup you can make 300/element per hour passively. While watching Netflix or something. Gachas the best way to farm mass amounts of element on other maps.

@covenantgruntit's not really passive since you have to pick up the crystals every 15 minutes ^^ 

It is also not possible to have owls on Aberration which makes that gacha tower not valid. Transferring element dust or owl pallets requires some effort if you are alone and a small chance to lose your character by transferring which I'm not a fan of.

I'm just someone who want's to put as little effort as possible for a somewhat good result and I don't see a better way than using a crab+anky on Aberration.

Everything else requires more effort which I'm personally not interested into putting in ARK. Let's be real here, this game is not worth that much time and effort. ^^ 

The Skiff method would also require a second person and I would assume that most people solo farm resources just casually from time to time.

For 2+ people that don't have any issues making element on Aberration the Skiff is maybe a viable option but for everyone who just want's effortless metal without much else around it the crab+anky combo is the only reasonable strategy

Archived