Three New Defences

Logan96

Suggestion

Three New Defences

Now that the new genesis creatures have been balanced out a bit, one element of raiding still seems very consistent. No matter if its an online or offline raid most raiders at some point are forced to maintain a distance and do some form of soaking before moving into an enemy base. These three base defense ideas are intended to shake things up and keep raiders on their toes. They also enhance all aspects of base defense, from active defending, offline defending and even retaliation. Hope you guys agree! 

1. Grapples for ballista (non platform only, rafts ok)-I've seen this suggested a couple times on steam and reddit. The idea is that a ballista could shoot a larger grappling hook that could pull in larger dinos from beyond turret range. The grapples should be extremely expensive and deteriorate fairly quickly once attached, as this can be a death sentence under the right circumstances. While the grapple should be able to fire beyond turret range it should not be able to pull that same distance with one grapple, giving the raider ample time to retrieve/whistle their dino to safety. Personally I would like to see ballista and catapults used more frequently in both raids and base designs. 

2. Cyropod Turrets-One of my own ideas that I think could be really interesting. These turrets would increase fuel consumption and have a far smaller range than that of regular turrets, as well as a cooldown in between shots and a limited storage capacity of say 10-20 slots, but it can be loaded with your own frozen tames. The idea is that as raiders are moving in to a base and soaking they could occasionally trigger one of these turrets and now must deal with an aggressive tame nipping at their heels. This would be useful as it would allow dinos to be implemented as base defense tools, without making them sitting ducks for the raiders to pick off. 

3. Tracer Ammunition-A very expensive round that can be loaded into turrets. The round would require electronics and perhaps a few other materials. Once fired into a tame or player the round will imbed itself into the target for 36 hours and report the targets server location to the tribe log without notifying the raider(s) that they are being tracked. This means that if a tribe is offline raided they can still track the attackers to their home server and plan a retaliation via their own attack or by seeking help from an allied tribe.

Those are my three ideas. Let me know what guys think, whether they are good ideas or horrible, I wont mind. Cheers! 

1 reply to this server topic

Archived